Big jumps made by the USS Voyager.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big jumps made by the USS Voyager.

On its way home Voyager made several jumps that cut off a large section of its journey.

There was the time that Kes sent them through Borg space and when they used the Slipstream drive. I think both of these times took 10 years off the journey. (which would initially of taken 70 years)

The borg transwarp conduit also took 10 years off the journey, I think.

Obviously there was the final one, but can anyone else think of another jump and if my memory is correct.

EDITED:
    Kes, ("The Gift"): 9500 lightyears,
    The Malon vortex ("Night"): 2 years,
    Transwarp Coil ("Dark Frontier"): 300 light years,
    Quantum Slipstream Drive ("Hope and Fear"): 300 lights years,
    Quantum Slipstream Drive ("Timeless"): 10000 light years,
    Catapult ("The Voyager Conspiracy"): 1000 light years,
    Q ("Q2"): A few (unspecified number) years by increasing their maximum cruising speed,
    Transwarp Corridor ("Endgame: Part 2"): 30000 light years.

Others: There was a small wormhole in "Counterpoint" that Voyager might have taken. No way to be sure.

That's all I can remember right now
    Last edited by gopher65; 07 October 2008, 02:04 PM.

Comment

never mind, I see you remembered that one.[/QUOTE]

No worries, did the Voth take any any of the journey off?

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
        No worries, did the Voth take any any of the journey off?
        ooooo! The Subspace corridors! I don't remember how much that took off.

EDIT: and after having looked up Voth, that obviously triggered the wrong section of my memory. I don't think that the Voth (or, as I think of them, DinoBeings) moved Voyager at all, in total. Just back and forth.

Comment

Voyager episode reviews & show stats.There was also some unspecified wormhole help in 'Living Witness'.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Ahahahaha! That's an awesome website! They lost FIFTEEN shuttles plus the first delta flyer? That's crazy! Were those things just manufactured by the crew on an as-needed basis or something? Cause there is no way a tiny ship like that had that many shuttles. I also like the "Photon torpedoes used: 93 out of 40" bit. Although, admittedly, there was at least one entire episode about them purchasing new weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
              Ahahahaha! That's an awesome website! They lost FIFTEEN shuttles plus the first delta flyer? That's crazy! Were those things just manufactured by the crew on an as-needed basis or something? Cause there is no way a tiny ship like that had that many shuttles. I also like the "Photon torpedoes used: 93 out of 40" bit. Although, admittedly, there was at least one entire episode about them purchasing new weapons.
              I always thought photon torpedoes were proprietary and only manufactured by starfleet back in the federation. One of the reasons the enterprise always set course for starbase whatever to resupply. I always wondered where Voyager got the extra ones. It's not like you can stick any ol torpedo in and launch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
                I always thought photon torpedoes were proprietary and only manufactured by starfleet back in the federation. One of the reasons the enterprise always set course for starbase whatever to resupply. I always wondered where Voyager got the extra ones. It's not like you can stick any ol torpedo in and launch it.
                They could likely fabricate most of the technology they needed provided they had the raw materials. After all how else could they have built the Delta Flyers, and repaired the almost constant battle damage.

Their main problem seemed to be acquiring, Anti-Matter and Dilithium so that they could produce power and also the Neural Gel Pack which they couldn't replicate. Any production of Torpedoes would have drained some of their scarce Anti-Matter supplies.
                sigpic

Comment

The Devore Wormhole from mthe episode "Counterpoint" may have been used, it was definately used by Tuvok, Vorik and any other telepaths along with the refugees in those two shuttle-craft in that episode, although it may have been that Voyager caught up with them after they fled to neutral space and Tuvok landed the refugees and then waited for Voyager in space or on their new world as planned.

Also the Vauudwar Subspace Coridors shaved some few hundred if not around 6-7 hundred light years off their journey, the Coridors were unfortunately seriously degraded and were seldom used by few if any of the Vauudwar's enemies such as the Turei at the time nearby, That was unfortunate for them since the "Vauudwar Coridor network" was probably one of the Delta Quadrant's more noted and special spacal anomalies that stretched an awsome length of the Quadrant from the Talaxian Homeworld as you know to somehwere not far if not inside (I'm unsure, if anybody knows?) to the Beta-Quadrant, meaning being able to use the Coridors would of meant that they could of kept using in and re-entered it whenever they needed at many points along Voyagers journey home..but they were very old and had not been a well known anomaly for around 900 years when the Vauudwar would of maintained them....now if that isn't an expedient way of getting around your neighbours back gardens and back home in time for dinner, I don't know what is lol

OH WAIT....The Turei DID use the Coridors...oops!! Yeah I remember now, they were inside the coridor when they met Voyager, they pushed them out in a *ahem* freindly Delta Quadrant way of making friends.
                  Last edited by Darkstar 2.0; 08 October 2008, 03:15 AM. Reason: additional info
                  sigpic
                  In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
                    thus why ron moore said his famous words on the series

(but thats for a different thread)
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

P.S The Vauudwar Subspace thingy would have been a bit of a cop-out if they had used them weekly, although on the subject, the episode was fairy good, just a shame they never did the two part they intended and a crying shame they never followed any of the storyline up in any of the almost 2 years they had left of scripts

Torpedoes!!

Yeah, aside from my selective imagination believing that they must of designed a Weapons laboratory or as we british call it a "Labooratory"..for the most part...depending..anyway yeah:

The Weapons must of been made on the ship, meaning some form of weapons facility must of been necessary for them to make them, storage of a surplus would have required nothing that the space in the Tubes of the ship alredy had waiting for them.

Excuse me whilst I go to Memory Alpha to look up the details of Photon Topedoes..thank you, my brains has gone a tad bit fuzzy..I thought they used to use Anti-matter...but that means...they are very powerful..or Quantum Torpedoe's being the Zero Point Energy being the weaker one's ..hmm..I thought Quantum Torps were supposed to be exceptionally more powerful..oh well, I'll check.
                      sigpic

Comment

An Intrepid-class ship doesn't carry the material to fabricate casings for these torpedoes, and needs planetary raw materials to make new ones.
                        This would solve the inconsistency problem of the Voyager using over ninety torpedoes during the run of the series, while it was stated in the first season episode "The Cloud" that there was no way to replace the 38 torpedoes they had left at that time.

-sourced from Memory Alpha-

M.A seems to be a reputable source, for most Trek things anyway.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, they definitely found a way to replace them.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I don't know if anyone played 'Elite Force', but after Voyager destroyed the Forge they also made another jump of like 1000 light years or something.

The thing that really irked me about Voyager was during the time they made a lot of jumps, somehow their enemies managed to keep up with them. The holotechnology they gave the Hirogen appeared in the 7th season, and when did we give them that technology, like the 5th season? During the first season they are supposedly going on a course straight to Earth, yet Seska always managed to keep up with Voyager on a Kazon ship (whose warp speed shouldn't be able to keep up with Voyager) There was also an episode where they were conveniently close to Talax when they needed to be. Star Trek has the most continuity errors out of any show I've seen. Maybe its because most of the TNG/Voyager episodes are comprised largely of filler episodes.

Comment

Or writers who didn't follow through with their earlier actions. If you left the holotech a few thousand light years back, it can't show up ahead of you...
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                              X