This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard Weapon

So i am re-watching all of SG1 and now on season 9..the end of season 9 and when the Ori come through the super gate they attack and blah blah blah. but theres an Asgard ship in the mix and all its shooting are what look like the same weapon that the Goauld motherships are firing (but a different color), why wouldn't that Asgard ship have the same Laser beam weapon that they gave us in Unending?

Some ships have more powerful weapons then other. Thor's ship in Nemesis isn't as powerful and have the same kind of weapons as the O'Neill in Small Victories
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

It's because the Asgard only ever installed that weapon on the Odyssey and they developed the plasma beam weapon after the encounter at the supergate in Camelot.
      They likely analised the Ori ship's shields during the Camelot battle and found a way to damage them.

Comment

i think they have beam weapons, jus the writers didnt plan till season 10 to make us aware they had any such weapon. and i doubt it wud fit with the story arc if the writers wanted us to see the beam weapon in action then.

its a gud point to make. but smetimes the drama just has to cme out on top

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
          It's because the Asgard only ever installed that weapon on the Odyssey and they developed the plasma beam weapon after the encounter at the supergate in Camelot.
          They likely analised the Ori ship's shields during the Camelot battle and found a way to damage them.
          I think the same...
          Probaly they made the beams after that fight , and they gave us them like their "legacy"
          The last help for us...

Ronon looses his temper over the weapons console and starts punching it
          Sheppard: Easy, Chewie! Those buttons are your friends! Just keep trying!
          Ronon: I'M TRYING!!!!

Comment

Becuase using the "Asgard Super Plot Lazers" would have reuined the Ori's entrance, they would have not look so powerfull if they came through and the tine Valhalla started blasting wholes in them????

Plus then we would have nothing to be amazed by when the 304's blasted any and all alien vessels to crud with the l8zers (regardless of how advanced they aliens are.....thank god for "Agards Super Plot lazer")
            Last edited by razzel_daxxel; 05 November 2008, 12:41 AM.
            A Proud Supporter of "Fan-Slash-Fiction" Since 1998

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by neoncrazy101 View Post
              So i am re-watching all of SG1 and now on season 9..the end of season 9 and when the Ori come through the super gate they attack and blah blah blah. but theres an Asgard ship in the mix and all its shooting are what look like the same weapon that the Goauld motherships are firing (but a different color), why wouldn't that Asgard ship have the same Laser beam weapon that they gave us in Unending?
              The weapons hadn't been developed yet. The Asgard designed them to battle the Ori.
              Spoiler:
              The only ship the the Asgard fitted them aboard was the Oddysey before they destroyed themselves.

Comment

Simple, Firstly it was an Asgard Science Vessel not an O'Niell Class(99% sure of that).

The Asgard Laser Beans were the latest Technology as stated in unending, they had not been developed by the time the Ori had come through the gate

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
                  Simple, Firstly it was an Asgard Science Vessel not an O'Niell Class(99% sure of that).

The Asgard Laser Beans were the latest Technology as stated in unending, they had not been developed by the time the Ori had come through the gate
                  The Asgard ship that fought the Ori at the Supergate was an O'Neill class piloted by Kvasir.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
                    Afiraid that 1% is not on your side LOL its the Valhalla I belive, an O'Niel Class war ship.

here is a screeni just for good mesure.... its not the best but hey lol

EDIT: Just noticed Mclean poseted the excact same thing, alas i was 2 minutes late!!!
                    Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by razzel_daxxel View Post
                      Afiraid that 1% is not on your side LOL its the Valhalla I belive, an O'Niel Class war ship.

EDIT: Just noticed Mclean poseted the excact same thing, alas i was 2 minutes late!!!
                      Was the Valhalla there when the replicator ship was destroyed above the Asgard home world?

Comment

The special effects guy made a big mistake with that Asgard ship. It was way too small for an O'Neill class ship. It was closer to the size of a Daniel Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                          The special effects guy made a big mistake with that Asgard ship. It was way too small for an O'Neill class ship. It was closer to the size of a Daniel Jackson.
                          Im currently moddeling several ships for a Stargate Total Conversion for Star Trek Armada II and the scaling has to be the hardest part!! LOL

The CGI on the show can be really deceptiv lol, the battel with the Ori being a prime example lol!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by razzel_daxxel View Post

Lol fair enough Rest of the post was correct though

Comment

Oh hell yea, I was not picking on that LOL

Any hows I just added a scale pic to my Albums on here, it has the scaling of the Ori compared to the Asgard ship, personaly the CGI made a HUGE mistake with that scene lol

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X