Helen Magnus/John Druitt Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by suse
    I loved that bit. He's an amazing actor, very well paired.

I really think Helen still carries a torch for him, but struggles to be pragmatic. What an impossible situation.

suse
    Originally posted by SciFi_Chick2012
    Exactly...it's going to be so so interesting to see what happens when he shows up again...I can't wait! (and I really want to know what Helen did to him exactly at the end of the pilot...)
    It will be very interesting to see her reaction and also given she still loves him a lot could they possibly get back together if he can be helped ?
    sigpic
    (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
      It will be very interesting to see her reaction and also given she still loves him a lot could they possibly get back together if he can be helped ?
      I think they could...but it would never be a normal relationship, considering everything that's happened. But I could see them eventually working things out to the extent that they'd be together in some sense

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
        I loved that bit. He's an amazing actor, very well paired.

I really think Helen still carries a torch for him, but struggles to be pragmatic. What an impossible situation.

suse
        Yes, I'm trying to figure that out. I can't tell if she still loves him, or feels...sorry for him. Very hard to tell.

But god...that Chris somehow makes insane sexy! (In comparing his performance with Ledger's Joker, I must say that Chris' had more dimension...and the fact that one minute he's 'normal', and the next so chilling...well, it made hairs stand up on the back of my neck, and the Joker did NOT do that.

das

Originally posted by SciFi_Chick2012 View Post
        Exactly...it's going to be so so interesting to see what happens when he shows up again...I can't wait! (and I really want to know what Helen did to him exactly at the end of the pilot...)

Yes! I haven't been this excited about a show since I got addicted to SGA in just January of this year. Ugh. Maybe I'm the Killer of TV Shows...guess that means Sanctuary won't last a season...

das
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
          Yes, I'm trying to figure that out. I can't tell if she still loves him, or feels...sorry for him. Very hard to tell.

But god...that Chris somehow makes insane sexy! (In comparing his performance with Ledger's Joker, I must say that Chris' had more dimension...and the fact that one minute he's 'normal', and the next so chilling...well, it made hairs stand up on the back of my neck, and the Joker did NOT do that.

das

Yes! I haven't been this excited about a show since I got addicted to SGA in just January of this year. Ugh. Maybe I'm the Killer of TV Shows...guess that means Sanctuary won't last a season...

das
          Nooo don't say that!!! *covers ears* In all seriousness, I'm glad for Sanctuary because at least it's easing the passing of SGA...And it means more Amanda and Chris which is just amazing of course

Going back to your first point...yes, Chris does totally make crazy sexy. I keep returning to the part where Helen says Ashley thinks her father is dead...the shift of emotions across his face is just incredible. For a moment he looks shocked, then hurt and sad, and then all of the sudden he's raging mad with the whole "friend to nature's abominations and enemy of common sense" line.

And while this seems odd, I really hope they somehow keep the scene from webisode 4 where he's smelling her hair. I just think it's such a perfect thing for him to do, because it's got the whole him being creepy and still wanting her enclosed in one simple, odd gesture.

Comment

Nooo don't say that!!! *covers ears* In all seriousness, I'm glad for Sanctuary because at least it's easing the passing of SGA...And it means more Amanda and Chris which is just amazing of course

Going back to your first point...yes, Chris does totally make crazy sexy. I keep returning to the part where Helen says Ashley thinks her father is dead...the shift of emotions across his face is just incredible. For a moment he looks shocked, then hurt and sad, and then all of the sudden he's raging mad with the whole "friend to nature's abominations and enemy of common sense" line.

And while this seems odd, I really hope they somehow keep the scene from webisode 4 where he's smelling her hair. I just think it's such a perfect thing for him to do, because it's got the whole him being creepy and still wanting her enclosed in one simple, odd gesture.
            The hair-smelling was...wow. Like you said - creepy, and yet...very sexual, and not in a turn-off kinda way. If I wrap my head around it...he's been traveling through time, so terribly alone, searching for her. But when he does find her, he's really too far gone to have what he really longs for...so he just takes a moment to inhale her essence. You know how they say that aromas bring back old memories, sometimes instantly, like a flashback. I can imagine that this is what happens here. Just the way he falls silent, her scent bringing back a flood of memories from the past, and then - when Helen says, "How could I tell her the truth?", he snaps back - his eyes closed, his face still buried in her hair - "How could you NOT?!"

Yeah, I'm totally convinced he's remembering their time together there...

das
            sigpic

Comment

The hair-smelling was...wow. Like you said - creepy, and yet...very sexual, and not in a turn-off kinda way. If I wrap my head around it...he's been traveling through time, so terribly alone, searching for her. But when he does find her, he's really too far gone to have what he really longs for...so he just takes a moment to inhale her essence. You know how they say that aromas bring back old memories, sometimes instantly, like a flashback. I can imagine that this is what happens here. Just the way he falls silent, her scent bringing back a flood of memories from the past, and then - when Helen says, "How could I tell her the truth?", he snaps back - his eyes closed, his face still buried in her hair - "How could you NOT?!"

das
              You it the nail right on the head

Comment

Originally Posted by dasNdanger

das
                I love that scene so much there is so much being said between them with and without words but i wounder what he whispers to her ?
                sigpic
                (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                  I love that scene so much there is so much being said between them with and without words but i wounder what he whispers to her ?

Oh, I HAVE tried to figure that out, but I can't. He is saying something because you see his throat move...I would so love to know what it is. I guess we'll never know, because - even if you were to ask the actors - they probably have forgotten by now. You want to think he's saying something like, "I've waited so long", or "I need you", or something...but he was probably saying, "hey, ya wanna grab pizza and beer after the shoot?"

das
                  sigpic

Comment

It's hard to tell. I was looking that over again and you can see his lips moving...but he might not even be saying anything, just taking in Helen. O.o

Or it almost looks like he's saying "my helen...-something something-" or possibly "why didn't you tell her?" because right after he does that is when Helen says "be reasonable how could I tell her the truth?"

Comment

It's hard to tell. I was looking that over again and you can see his lips moving...but he might not even be saying anything, just taking in Helen. O.o

Or it almost looks like he's saying "my helen...-something something-" or possibly "why didn't you tell her?" because right after he does that is when Helen says "be reasonable how could I tell her the truth?"
                      Ah, that makes sense (the 'why didn't you tell her' thing). Doncha just love when you HAVE to figure out a scene by watching it over, and over, and over...

In the premiere, I loved how John did his little kissy doggy-call to ummm...(forgot his name - Ladon...lol)...the guy who tried to sneak off. That was very, very naughty.

I hope I enjoy what lies ahead. I DO like this show. I'm not much into tv - only watch SGA, NCIS and Life (if I remember that one). I just don't get into tv too often, so for me to like Sanctuary right from the start is good. I just hope it has the legs...

das
                      sigpic

Comment

Ah, that makes sense (the 'why didn't you tell her' thing). Doncha just love when you HAVE to figure out a scene by watching it over, and over, and over...

In the premiere, I loved how John did his little kissy doggy-call to ummm...(forgot his name - Ladon...lol)...the guy who tried to sneak off. That was very, very naughty.

I hope I enjoy what lies ahead. I DO like this show. I'm not much into tv - only watch SGA, NCIS and Life (if I remember that one). I just don't get into tv too often, so for me to like Sanctuary right from the start is good. I just hope it has the legs...

das

Rofl.
                        Spoiler:
                        ]

Ahem. Couldn't resist.
                        suse
                        Last edited by suse; 15 October 2008, 05:50 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Rofl.
                          Spoiler:
                          ]

Ahem. Couldn't resist.
                          suse

I would have preferred Christopher's...

Spoiler:
                          RE: Your pic:

das
                          sigpic

Comment

I would have preferred Christopher's...

Spoiler:
                            RE: Your pic:

das

Me too. Find it, post it. And cross-post it to the CH/Halin/Todd thunk thread, I got this pic from the AT thunk thread.

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Me too. Find it, post it. And cross-post it to the CH/Halin/Todd thunk thread, I got this pic from the AT thunk thread.

suse

I think he's got REALLY skinny 'bug legs'.

Anyone know if and when we will see Druitt again?

das
                              sigpic

Comment

I know that Druitt appears in Episode 7 "The Five". I agree that the scenes with Helen and John were great. It was exciting to watch them, I wish there were more.

Comment

Working...
                                X