No announcement yet.

Helen Magnus/John Druitt Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, my...tonight's episode had some lovely Druitt moments...

*sigh*

I have to watch it again to really be able to pay attention to their story. The suspense of the rest of the episode kept interfering with my concentration on the mushy bits.

das
    sigpic

Comment

I loved the Helen and John scenes in KUSH especialy the one near the end you can realy see the love she has for him evan know

Does anyone have a transcript of that scene ? I love that bit so much

I can't wait to see THE FIVE

Does anyone reckon that was realy Druitt and if it was or wasnt do you think he would realy come to Helen's aid and Ashley's as well ?
      sigpic
      (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
        I loved the Helen and John scenes in KUSH especialy the one near the end you can realy see the love she has for him evan know

Does anyone have a transcript of that scene ? I love that bit so much

I can't wait to see THE FIVE

Does anyone reckon that was realy Druitt and if it was or wasnt do you think he would realy come to Helen's aid and Ashley's as well ?
        Ya know, I just re-watched that scene and I wonder...
        Spoiler:
        even if the image of John was not real, I think...I think his voice telling her to wake up NOW was, simply because of the flash of light that occurs at that moment, as if he jumped into her reality, if only for a second.

Another thing I'd like to know is what Helen meant by 'the way you would harm our daughter'...

I thought that, according to the premiere, Ashley didn't come into existence until long after Helen had escaped from John (thus explaining how she didn't know he was her dad, etc). So, is this a continuity boo-boo, or did Helen and John have another daughter, or...what? I am confused on this part.

das
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
          Ya know, I just re-watched that scene and I wonder...
          Spoiler:
          even if the image of John was not real, I think...I think his voice telling her to wake up NOW was, simply because of the flash of light that occurs at that moment, as if he jumped into her reality, if only for a second.

Another thing I'd like to know is what Helen meant by 'the way you would harm our daughter'...

I thought that, according to the premiere, Ashley didn't come into existence until long after Helen had escaped from John (thus explaining how she didn't know he was her dad, etc). So, is this a continuity boo-boo, or did Helen and John have another daughter, or...what? I am confused on this part.

das
          I think that

Spoiler:
          She meant the events in the pilot, when he took Ashley into the cage with one of the worst monsters they have there, and she almost died because of it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
            I think that

Spoiler:
            She meant the events in the pilot, when he took Ashley into the cage with one of the worst monsters they have there, and she almost died because of it.

Okay, then - that would make sense if that's what she meant. I was just a tad confused there.

Spoiler:
            Anyone know if that last scene between John and Helen was a green screen...what I mean, was Helen in the scene with John. When I replayed it slow to watch and see if there were any hints as to whether it was the real John, or her imagination, I noticed that John's hand - when he reached out to touch her face - didn't leave a shadow. If they were not actually in that scene together, but acting independently of each other, then - wow. Both did a fantastic job!

das
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
              Okay, then - that would make sense if that's what she meant. I was just a tad confused there.

Spoiler:
              Anyone know if that last scene between John and Helen was a green screen...what I mean, was Helen in the scene with John. When I replayed it slow to watch and see if there were any hints as to whether it was the real John, or her imagination, I noticed that John's hand - when he reached out to touch her face - didn't leave a shadow. If they were not actually in that scene together, but acting independently of each other, then - wow. Both did a fantastic job!

das
              spoilers for Kush

Spoiler:
              They were both in a build set.

But after you mentioned it I rewatched the scene, and you're right there is no shadow. I think it was done on purpose with the lighting, since that wasn't suppose to be the real John, just part of her immagination (he even says that). What ever it was it was a beautiful scene, and I loved it. *gets a fangurl moment*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post

I love seeing the interaction between Helen and John, in Kush...

Spoiler:
                we get to see the part of John, Helen fell in love with. We know Helen still has deep feelings for him and it tears her apart at times

As for John coming to Helen's and Ashley's aid...

Spoiler:
                I think after getting what he needed from Helen, to help keep him alive, he would help his daughter if push came to shove...the 'mad' part of him did put her in mortal danger, but now that he has what he needs, I think there may be a little part of him that cares that she is his daughter, and a little part that still loves Helen. There is a fine line between love and hate, and I think John may go back and forth over that line.
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                  spoilers for Kush

Spoiler:
                  They were both in a build set.

But after you mentioned it I rewatched the scene, and you're right there is no shadow. I think it was done on purpose with the lighting, since that wasn't suppose to be the real John, just part of her immagination (he even says that). What ever it was it was a beautiful scene, and I loved it. *gets a fangurl moment*
                  Kush spoilers:
                  Spoiler:
                  Then that was very effective, since I noticed the difference in the shots. Right afterwards, when Will comes in, she has a shadow on her cheek/jaw from her coat, or hair, so the absence of the shadow was definitely on purpose, giving it a slightly 'detached' look. A nice detail, one that would suggest that this John was just her imagination, and yet...I wonder. That brief flash of light suggests that maybe there was a jump there, maybe.

Ya know, I'm usually not into big, bald guys (I'm more into scrawny, pretty boys, like Johnny Depp), but Chris just has something about him that is incredibly sexy. I can watch his scenes with Helen over and over, and get goosebumps every time. I guess you can say he has a natural charisma, one that just comes out so well on the screen.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  I love seeing the interaction between Helen and John, in Kush...

Spoiler:
                  we get to see the part of John, Helen fell in love with. We know Helen still has deep feelings for him and it tears her apart at times

As for John coming to Helen's and Ashley's aid...

Spoiler:
                  I think after getting what he needed from Helen, to help keep him alive, he would help his daughter if push came to shove...the 'mad' part of him did put her in mortal danger, but now that he has what he needs, I think there may be a little part of him that cares that she is his daughter, and a little part that still loves Helen. There is a fine line between love and hate, and I think John may go back and forth over that line.

I think this is true. Without spoiling any episode, I see it as a love-hate struggle with John, well...with both of them. Ashley is different, she hates him (from what I can tell), but there is a part of Helen that still loves him, and there is a part of John that still loves Helen. It's the innocent, uncorrupted part of both of them. I think it's buried much deeper in John, but it's there. In Helen, it's hard to say - she fears him, but does she 'hate' him...or, pity him?

I still haven't decided - I have to see more of their relationship. But with John, the bits I've seen so far (including that webisode warehouse scene), I'd say that John's madness makes him hate, torture and kill...but he was also driven by a longing to find Helen, and this - I don't believe - was fueled by hate, but by something else. Love? Possibly. Passion? More likely.

AHHH!! Something just hit me regarding Kush:
                  Spoiler:
                  All of those flashbacks were from Helen's perspective...these were her thoughts, desires, wishes. So, she was remembering John in better days, she was remembering their love, their passion. Though it was 'John' asking if she ever really loved him, it was - in reality - her asking herself that question. She was forcing herself to acknowledge the depth of her feelings for him.

At least, that's how I'm seeing that right now.

das
                  sigpic

Comment

I know they took this part out of the episodes...

"Each of us has our worse fears to confront Dr. Zimmerman; John Druit is mine."
                    Helen Magnus-Webisode 3

but to me this statement from Helen still holds true. Helen fears John not only because of what he could do but because she didn't trust her own feelings for him not to interfere with what she might have to do.

Captures from Kush

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

I agree Helen and John's relationship is very complex. Kush and the pilot spoilers
                      Spoiler:
                      Helen told John she loved him with her whole being since Oxford. She thought he was on the road to recovery when she accepted his proposal. However, she didn't know just how disturbed he was and the fact that he wasn't able or didn't want to control it. I think there is more back story coming with these two. Along with more intense scenes in modern day. I think Amanda and Chris play these character's beautifully to show the wide range of emotions and complexity of their character's relationship.

As far as Helen saying John would hurt their daughter. I don't think it was a booboo. I think that could be taken two ways. One, John put Ashley in danger in the pilot. Not only did they fight, but he put her in that deadly monster's cage. My original thought was Helen was seeing him for the first time since those events and she is confronting him about it.

The other option is sometime after Helen gave birth to Ashley something happened and Helen discovered John was still alive whether they met or not. He still could have tried to take Ashley or use her as leverage in some way and someone stopped him. Helen told Will she waited a century before bringing Ashley to term believing John was dead. I really believe Helen thought he was dead. These are the reasons I think Helen discovered John was still alive sometime after Ashley was born.
                      1) John said the force field around the Sanctuary was to keep him out. Helen said she has Sanctuaries all over the world, why if John is dead would she need that force field. They met in London and this Sanctuary is not in London. It could be the force field is used for more than just keeping John out.
                      2) The mermaid at the Sanctuary knew Helen was worried about John returning. That could have been simple mind reading, but I get the feeling Helen and the mermaid have discussed John before.
                      3) A prostitute was killed and Helen wanted the video to see what had happened I believe because she suspected John. Henry seemed puzzled by the bosses sudden interest in the death.
                      4) Ashley was born sometime in the last twenty something years and yet John knew she was his daughter. How would he know that?

Comment

I wounder what we will see in THE FIVEregarding there relationship ?

THE FIVE
                        Spoiler:
                        I've read that Druitt tries to convice Ashley that Helen is in trouble and he need's her help but she doesnt believe him and that Helen goes into hideing with TESLA under the streets of ROME from the CABAL .

I wounder if there will be a refrece back to KUSH in this episode ?
                        sigpic
                        (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

I wounder what Druitt ment by
                          Spoiler:
                          ''she chose to become something differant''
                          Who gave Helen that choice? and did Druitt sway her in any way?
                          sigpic

Comment

The Five was excellent - so much insight into these characters! I want to say more, but very tired, will have to return sometime over the weekend. Mild spoiler:
                            Spoiler:
                            I've watched it twice, though...and to see a softer side of Druitt was very nice, though he was still Druitt, and certainly not a pussycat.

Darn good stuff!

das
                            sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed the episode. Druitt's interactions with his daughter were wonderful -- he definitely established a connection. It will be interesting to see how this effects Helen.

And it looks like they may have added a new villain, Tesla, and now Druitt will be a sometime ally.

Go to bed, das!
                              Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Yes the Five was a wonderful episode...
                                Spoiler:
                                Have to wonder how long the sane John will last? I wonder if just as Helen starts to believe he is the "old" John that she allows her self to be drawn in by him and then... the madness returns??

Nichola gave the dead his blood... then shocks them... they wake up this vampire state resembling him. Now as far as John... he received Helen's blood and then Nichola shocked him to treat him? So did Helen's blood along with the shock treatment make John sane? I'm guessing from the episode that's a yes. Here is my question... if normal people are changed into vampires or whatever gift one of the Five gives them with their blood coupled with the shock... what does an Abnormal change into? They already have gifts. That's what I am wondering about John. And why I think it's short live sanity.
                                LOL and hopefully that makes sense

Comment

Working...
                                X