Page 2 of 358 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 7157
  1. #21
    Chief Master Sergeant SciFi_Chick2012's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    142

    Default Re: Helen/Druitt discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dasNdanger View Post
    The hair-smelling was...wow. Like you said - creepy, and yet...very sexual, and not in a turn-off kinda way. If I wrap my head around it...he's been traveling through time, so terribly alone, searching for her. But when he does find her, he's really too far gone to have what he really longs for...so he just takes a moment to inhale her essence. You know how they say that aromas bring back old memories, sometimes instantly, like a flashback. I can imagine that this is what happens here. Just the way he falls silent, her scent bringing back a flood of memories from the past, and then - when Helen says, "How could I tell her the truth?", he snaps back - his eyes closed, his face still buried in her hair - "How could you NOT?!"

    Yeah, I'm totally convinced he's remembering their time together there...

    das
    You it the nail right on the head

  2. #22
    Young’s Fencing Sabre helenmagnus23's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland Australia
    Posts
    5,340

    Question Re: Helen/Druitt discussion thread

    Originally Posted by dasNdanger
    The hair-smelling was...wow. Like you said - creepy, and yet...very sexual, and not in a turn-off kinda way. If I wrap my head around it...he's been traveling through time, so terribly alone, searching for her. But when he does find her, he's really too far gone to have what he really longs for...so he just takes a moment to inhale her essence. You know how they say that aromas bring back old memories, sometimes instantly, like a flashback. I can imagine that this is what happens here. Just the way he falls silent, her scent bringing back a flood of memories from the past, and then - when Helen says, "How could I tell her the truth?", he snaps back - his eyes closed, his face still buried in her hair - "How could you NOT?!"

    Yeah, I'm totally convinced he's remembering their time together there...

    das
    I love that scene so much there is so much being said between them with and without words but i wounder what he whispers to her ?
    GTTSAT
    (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

  3. #23
    Lieutenant Colonel dasNdanger's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Up Todd's sleeve, playing with his stun stick...
    Posts
    3,899

    Default Re: Helen/Druitt discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
    I love that scene so much there is so much being said between them with and without words but i wounder what he whispers to her ?

    Oh, I HAVE tried to figure that out, but I can't. He is saying something because you see his throat move...I would so love to know what it is. I guess we'll never know, because - even if you were to ask the actors - they probably have forgotten by now. You want to think he's saying something like, "I've waited so long", or "I need you", or something...but he was probably saying, "hey, ya wanna grab pizza and beer after the shoot?"

    das
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/dasNdanger/whispers4a.jpg

  4. #24
    Chief Master Sergeant SciFi_Chick2012's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    142

    Default Re: Helen/Druitt discussion thread

    It's hard to tell. I was looking that over again and you can see his lips moving...but he might not even be saying anything, just taking in Helen. O.o

    Or it almost looks like he's saying "my helen...-something something-" or possibly "why didn't you tell her?" because right after he does that is when Helen says "be reasonable how could I tell her the truth?"

  5. #25
    Lieutenant Colonel dasNdanger's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Up Todd's sleeve, playing with his stun stick...
    Posts
    3,899

    Default Re: Helen/Druitt discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SciFi_Chick2012 View Post
    It's hard to tell. I was looking that over again and you can see his lips moving...but he might not even be saying anything, just taking in Helen. O.o

    Or it almost looks like he's saying "my helen...-something something-" or possibly "why didn't you tell her?" because right after he does that is when Helen says "be reasonable how could I tell her the truth?"
    Ah, that makes sense (the 'why didn't you tell her' thing). Doncha just love when you HAVE to figure out a scene by watching it over, and over, and over...

    In the premiere, I loved how John did his little kissy doggy-call to ummm...(forgot his name - Ladon...lol)...the guy who tried to sneak off. That was very, very naughty.

    I hope I enjoy what lies ahead. I DO like this show. I'm not much into tv - only watch SGA, NCIS and Life (if I remember that one). I just don't get into tv too often, so for me to like Sanctuary right from the start is good. I just hope it has the legs...

    das
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/dasNdanger/whispers4a.jpg

  6. #26
    Colonel suse's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Woof!!
    Posts
    6,404

    Default Re: Helen/Druitt discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dasNdanger View Post
    Ah, that makes sense (the 'why didn't you tell her' thing). Doncha just love when you HAVE to figure out a scene by watching it over, and over, and over...

    In the premiere, I loved how John did his little kissy doggy-call to ummm...(forgot his name - Ladon...lol)...the guy who tried to sneak off. That was very, very naughty.

    I hope I enjoy what lies ahead. I DO like this show. I'm not much into tv - only watch SGA, NCIS and Life (if I remember that one). I just don't get into tv too often, so for me to like Sanctuary right from the start is good. I just hope it has the legs...

    das

    Rofl.
    Spoiler:
    ]



    Ahem. Couldn't resist.
    suse
    Last edited by suse; October 15th, 2008 at 05:50 PM.
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!


  7. #27
    Lieutenant Colonel dasNdanger's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Up Todd's sleeve, playing with his stun stick...
    Posts
    3,899

    Default Re: Helen/Druitt discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    Rofl.
    Spoiler:
    ]



    Ahem. Couldn't resist.
    suse


    I would have preferred Christopher's...


    Spoiler:
    RE: Your pic:


    das
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/dasNdanger/whispers4a.jpg

  8. #28
    Colonel suse's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Woof!!
    Posts
    6,404

    Default Re: Helen/Druitt discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dasNdanger View Post


    I would have preferred Christopher's...


    Spoiler:
    RE: Your pic:


    das

    Me too. Find it, post it. And cross-post it to the CH/Halin/Todd thunk thread, I got this pic from the AT thunk thread.


    suse
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!


  9. #29
    Lieutenant Colonel dasNdanger's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Up Todd's sleeve, playing with his stun stick...
    Posts
    3,899

    Default Re: Helen/Druitt discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    Me too. Find it, post it. And cross-post it to the CH/Halin/Todd thunk thread, I got this pic from the AT thunk thread.


    suse

    I think he's got REALLY skinny 'bug legs'.

    Anyone know if and when we will see Druitt again?


    das
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/dasNdanger/whispers4a.jpg

  10. #30
    Probie alta's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Helen/Druitt discussion thread

    I know that Druitt appears in Episode 7 "The Five". I agree that the scenes with Helen and John were great. It was exciting to watch them, I wish there were more.

  11. #31
    Lieutenant Colonel dasNdanger's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Up Todd's sleeve, playing with his stun stick...
    Posts
    3,899

    Default Re: Helen/Druitt discussion thread

    Oh, my...tonight's episode had some lovely Druitt moments...

    *sigh*

    I have to watch it again to really be able to pay attention to their story. The suspense of the rest of the episode kept interfering with my concentration on the mushy bits.

    das
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/dasNdanger/whispers4a.jpg

  12. #32
    Young’s Fencing Sabre helenmagnus23's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland Australia
    Posts
    5,340

    Question Re: Helen/Druitt discussion thread

    I loved the Helen and John scenes in KUSH especialy the one near the end you can realy see the love she has for him evan know

    Does anyone have a transcript of that scene ? I love that bit so much

    I can't wait to see THE FIVE

    Does anyone reckon that was realy Druitt and if it was or wasnt do you think he would realy come to Helen's aid and Ashley's as well ?
    GTTSAT
    (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

  13. #33
    Lieutenant Colonel dasNdanger's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Up Todd's sleeve, playing with his stun stick...
    Posts
    3,899

    Default Re: Helen/Druitt discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
    I loved the Helen and John scenes in KUSH especialy the one near the end you can realy see the love she has for him evan know

    Does anyone have a transcript of that scene ? I love that bit so much

    I can't wait to see THE FIVE

    Does anyone reckon that was realy Druitt and if it was or wasnt do you think he would realy come to Helen's aid and Ashley's as well ?
    Ya know, I just re-watched that scene and I wonder...
    Spoiler:
    even if the image of John was not real, I think...I think his voice telling her to wake up NOW was, simply because of the flash of light that occurs at that moment, as if he jumped into her reality, if only for a second.

    Another thing I'd like to know is what Helen meant by 'the way you would harm our daughter'...

    I thought that, according to the premiere, Ashley didn't come into existence until long after Helen had escaped from John (thus explaining how she didn't know he was her dad, etc). So, is this a continuity boo-boo, or did Helen and John have another daughter, or...what? I am confused on this part.


    das
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/dasNdanger/whispers4a.jpg

  14. #34
    Alex Danvers jasminaGo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    DEO HQ
    Posts
    23,362

    Default Re: Helen/Druitt discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dasNdanger View Post
    Ya know, I just re-watched that scene and I wonder...
    Spoiler:
    even if the image of John was not real, I think...I think his voice telling her to wake up NOW was, simply because of the flash of light that occurs at that moment, as if he jumped into her reality, if only for a second.

    Another thing I'd like to know is what Helen meant by 'the way you would harm our daughter'...

    I thought that, according to the premiere, Ashley didn't come into existence until long after Helen had escaped from John (thus explaining how she didn't know he was her dad, etc). So, is this a continuity boo-boo, or did Helen and John have another daughter, or...what? I am confused on this part.


    das
    I think that

    Spoiler:
    She meant the events in the pilot, when he took Ashley into the cage with one of the worst monsters they have there, and she almost died because of it.

  15. #35
    Lieutenant Colonel dasNdanger's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Up Todd's sleeve, playing with his stun stick...
    Posts
    3,899

    Default Re: Helen/Druitt discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jasminaGo View Post
    I think that

    Spoiler:
    She meant the events in the pilot, when he took Ashley into the cage with one of the worst monsters they have there, and she almost died because of it.

    Okay, then - that would make sense if that's what she meant. I was just a tad confused there.

    Spoiler:
    Anyone know if that last scene between John and Helen was a green screen...what I mean, was Helen in the scene with John. When I replayed it slow to watch and see if there were any hints as to whether it was the real John, or her imagination, I noticed that John's hand - when he reached out to touch her face - didn't leave a shadow. If they were not actually in that scene together, but acting independently of each other, then - wow. Both did a fantastic job!



    das
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/dasNdanger/whispers4a.jpg

  16. #36
    Alex Danvers jasminaGo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    DEO HQ
    Posts
    23,362

    Default Re: Helen/Druitt discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dasNdanger View Post
    Okay, then - that would make sense if that's what she meant. I was just a tad confused there.

    Spoiler:
    Anyone know if that last scene between John and Helen was a green screen...what I mean, was Helen in the scene with John. When I replayed it slow to watch and see if there were any hints as to whether it was the real John, or her imagination, I noticed that John's hand - when he reached out to touch her face - didn't leave a shadow. If they were not actually in that scene together, but acting independently of each other, then - wow. Both did a fantastic job!



    das
    spoilers for Kush

    Spoiler:
    They were both in a build set.



    But after you mentioned it I rewatched the scene, and you're right there is no shadow. I think it was done on purpose with the lighting, since that wasn't suppose to be the real John, just part of her immagination (he even says that). What ever it was it was a beautiful scene, and I loved it. *gets a fangurl moment*

  17. #37
    Brigadier General Mandysg1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Making sure JanSam fails at her task ;)
    Posts
    9,120

    Default Re: Helen/Druitt discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
    I loved the Helen and John scenes in KUSH especialy the one near the end you can realy see the love she has for him evan know

    Does anyone reckon that was realy Druitt and if it was or wasnt do you think he would realy come to Helen's aid and Ashley's as well ?
    I love seeing the interaction between Helen and John, in Kush...

    Spoiler:
    we get to see the part of John, Helen fell in love with. We know Helen still has deep feelings for him and it tears her apart at times

    As for John coming to Helen's and Ashley's aid...

    Spoiler:
    I think after getting what he needed from Helen, to help keep him alive, he would help his daughter if push came to shove...the 'mad' part of him did put her in mortal danger, but now that he has what he needs, I think there may be a little part of him that cares that she is his daughter, and a little part that still loves Helen. There is a fine line between love and hate, and I think John may go back and forth over that line.

  18. #38
    Lieutenant Colonel dasNdanger's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Up Todd's sleeve, playing with his stun stick...
    Posts
    3,899

    Default Re: Helen/Druitt discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jasminaGo View Post
    spoilers for Kush

    Spoiler:
    They were both in a build set.



    But after you mentioned it I rewatched the scene, and you're right there is no shadow. I think it was done on purpose with the lighting, since that wasn't suppose to be the real John, just part of her immagination (he even says that). What ever it was it was a beautiful scene, and I loved it. *gets a fangurl moment*
    Kush spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    Then that was very effective, since I noticed the difference in the shots. Right afterwards, when Will comes in, she has a shadow on her cheek/jaw from her coat, or hair, so the absence of the shadow was definitely on purpose, giving it a slightly 'detached' look. A nice detail, one that would suggest that this John was just her imagination, and yet...I wonder. That brief flash of light suggests that maybe there was a jump there, maybe.

    Ya know, I'm usually not into big, bald guys (I'm more into scrawny, pretty boys, like Johnny Depp), but Chris just has something about him that is incredibly sexy. I can watch his scenes with Helen over and over, and get goosebumps every time. I guess you can say he has a natural charisma, one that just comes out so well on the screen.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    I love seeing the interaction between Helen and John, in Kush...

    Spoiler:
    we get to see the part of John, Helen fell in love with. We know Helen still has deep feelings for him and it tears her apart at times

    As for John coming to Helen's and Ashley's aid...

    Spoiler:
    I think after getting what he needed from Helen, to help keep him alive, he would help his daughter if push came to shove...the 'mad' part of him did put her in mortal danger, but now that he has what he needs, I think there may be a little part of him that cares that she is his daughter, and a little part that still loves Helen. There is a fine line between love and hate, and I think John may go back and forth over that line.

    I think this is true. Without spoiling any episode, I see it as a love-hate struggle with John, well...with both of them. Ashley is different, she hates him (from what I can tell), but there is a part of Helen that still loves him, and there is a part of John that still loves Helen. It's the innocent, uncorrupted part of both of them. I think it's buried much deeper in John, but it's there. In Helen, it's hard to say - she fears him, but does she 'hate' him...or, pity him?

    I still haven't decided - I have to see more of their relationship. But with John, the bits I've seen so far (including that webisode warehouse scene), I'd say that John's madness makes him hate, torture and kill...but he was also driven by a longing to find Helen, and this - I don't believe - was fueled by hate, but by something else. Love? Possibly. Passion? More likely.

    AHHH!! Something just hit me regarding Kush:
    Spoiler:
    All of those flashbacks were from Helen's perspective...these were her thoughts, desires, wishes. So, she was remembering John in better days, she was remembering their love, their passion. Though it was 'John' asking if she ever really loved him, it was - in reality - her asking herself that question. She was forcing herself to acknowledge the depth of her feelings for him.

    At least, that's how I'm seeing that right now.


    das
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/dasNdanger/whispers4a.jpg

  19. #39
    Captain JanSam's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep Mandy out of trouble.
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Helen/Druitt discussion thread

    I know they took this part out of the episodes...

    "Each of us has our worse fears to confront Dr. Zimmerman; John Druit is mine."
    Helen Magnus-Webisode 3

    but to me this statement from Helen still holds true. Helen fears John not only because of what he could do but because she didn't trust her own feelings for him not to interfere with what she might have to do.

    Captures from Kush


    Spoiler:










    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8226&dateline=1311902876

  20. #40
    Major ann_sgcfan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Editing
    Posts
    2,389

    Default Re: Helen/Druitt discussion thread

    I agree Helen and John's relationship is very complex. Kush and the pilot spoilers
    Spoiler:
    Helen told John she loved him with her whole being since Oxford. She thought he was on the road to recovery when she accepted his proposal. However, she didn't know just how disturbed he was and the fact that he wasn't able or didn't want to control it. I think there is more back story coming with these two. Along with more intense scenes in modern day. I think Amanda and Chris play these character's beautifully to show the wide range of emotions and complexity of their character's relationship.

    As far as Helen saying John would hurt their daughter. I don't think it was a booboo. I think that could be taken two ways. One, John put Ashley in danger in the pilot. Not only did they fight, but he put her in that deadly monster's cage. My original thought was Helen was seeing him for the first time since those events and she is confronting him about it.

    The other option is sometime after Helen gave birth to Ashley something happened and Helen discovered John was still alive whether they met or not. He still could have tried to take Ashley or use her as leverage in some way and someone stopped him. Helen told Will she waited a century before bringing Ashley to term believing John was dead. I really believe Helen thought he was dead. These are the reasons I think Helen discovered John was still alive sometime after Ashley was born.
    1) John said the force field around the Sanctuary was to keep him out. Helen said she has Sanctuaries all over the world, why if John is dead would she need that force field. They met in London and this Sanctuary is not in London. It could be the force field is used for more than just keeping John out.
    2) The mermaid at the Sanctuary knew Helen was worried about John returning. That could have been simple mind reading, but I get the feeling Helen and the mermaid have discussed John before.
    3) A prostitute was killed and Helen wanted the video to see what had happened I believe because she suspected John. Henry seemed puzzled by the bosses sudden interest in the death.
    4) Ashley was born sometime in the last twenty something years and yet John knew she was his daughter. How would he know that?

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread
    By Major Fischer in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 153351
    Last Post: Today, 05:34 PM
  2. John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread
    By John&Teylaalltheway in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 120651
    Last Post: September 17th, 2019, 03:55 PM
  3. Jennifer Keller/John Sheppard Discussion/Ship/Appreciation
    By Erised in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: September 24th, 2010, 02:14 PM
  4. John Sheppard/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation
    By Erin in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: August 9th, 2010, 11:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •