Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens when you go through a stargate wormhole backwards??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
    I've seen this done on stargate, where the enemy/good guy will run through the stargate backwards. They just come out going backwards on the other side.

Edit-

I think i got your question confused? If a person goes through a stargate that wasn't activated from that person's side they will die. They said this in the original movie.
    Referesh my memory. When was this ever said in the "original movie" (feature film or CoTG)?
    How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

I watched that video, but it didn't clear anything up for me. Did you do what you set out to do in the vid? Those stargates look really good though, they made me want to play with them. Which game are they for? Is that done in a terrain/scenario editor & loaded into a modpack, or what? I'm itching to dial addresses now, damn video got me antsy waiting for this 'Stargate Worlds' to be released.
      The initial question is definately something to be tested with robots or malps,& not people. That's some hairy stuff to figure out when being chased & having to make a split decision. I'm sure someone, somewhere came upon the gate from behind while running away from enemies/danger.
      My favorite stargates were the ones embedded into a cliff face, & located directly on the edge of a cliff. I like the way they looked.
      The one on the cliff made me first think of exactly what you asked, b/c that's some cruel business to have someone come out the other side & walk off a cliff not 2 sec through the stargate. I wonder if any alien races anywhere in the universe were able to alter their stargate onto a rotating platform, which they could spin around if they were getting chased. Instead of an iris, they just spin the gate around when they want it protected, & any unauthorized travel gets spit out over a cliff. I remember the Aschen flipping them about to pour grain into them vertically, so it can be done.
      Those space gates though, they seemed tricky if you couldn't enter from either side. I don't remember the two sides looking different,& with no DHD how can you tell which way is forward. Also in that one ep, they ran into it, & spun it around.

Comment

I was showing that you just die when entering the back i went forward then back ive just thought of a better way to show it ill throw things in and show they just get disintergrted

that game is GMOD with the stargate on an empty map.
        the Stargate are just spawned when you want ill demonstrate if you want the reason the view was odd like that was that i used a camera so you could see my character you can do some fun stuff with those gates there are rings as well ZPM F302 drones staff canons and some other stuff.

Dialling is kinda odd as each glyph is tied to a letter or number (PoO is #) so you can remember the addresses.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by aarlin81 View Post
          Referesh my memory. When was this ever said in the "original movie" (feature film or CoTG)?
          It isn't scientific exposition, just vague speculation on the part of the team sent though.

From Stargate The Movie
          BROWN
          Yes, please. If we're not back soon, they'll just turn on the 'gate from the other side.

FERRETTI
          Oh, no. It doesn't work that way. You see, if you don't turn it on from here, we're screwed. So I'm telling you guys, we're not going anywhere!
          And they are indeed talking about going through an incoming wormhole.
          Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. -Albert Einstein

I'm beginning to realize no one actually reads my posts.

Comment

Just to spice the discussion...
            at Joseph Blog here http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/page/6/ he answares this

AnneTeldy writes: “ People can only travel one way through a stargate’s wormhole: planet of origin to destination. What happens if a person crosses the event horizon going the wrong way: destination to planet of origin?”

Answer: The gate will spit them back out.

Another fine time where he bits his own tongue...
            sigpic
            - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
              Another fine time where he bits his own tongue...
              What do you mean he bites his tounge? It could be true. When have we seen something go all the way through the EH of a receiving gate? Sticking your hand into it doesn't count. And the M.A.L.P. from "A Hunderd Days" was said to "Slip back through the event horizon" not explicitly destroyed. It could have been spit out later and destroyed when Teal'c dialed in.
              Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. -Albert Einstein

Comment

in 100 days that guy had to push his hand in so there is probly a force pushing out from the EV probly why people sometimes get thrown out

Comment

Originally posted by suprmn4105 View Post
                  Hi,

I am a huge Stargate fan, and I have seen every episode many a time, but, I don't ever remember this question be answered, at least not directly.

What happens to a person that goes into a Stargate wormhole, when it was initiated from the other end. I know for a fact that you cannot travel backwards, but do you die or do you just move right through the Event Horizon as if it were not there?

Does anyone know if this has been addressed and in what episode?

Thanks

when you go through a stargate backwards you're transported to the magical world of narnia of course

Comment

Originally posted by RubberJesus View Post
                    when you go through a stargate backwards you're transported to the magical world of narnia of course
                    Only if the stargate was originally designed as a way for a woman to store her massive collection of clothes.
                    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                    Caboose: They could be worse?
                    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by sunrek View Post
                      And they are indeed talking about going through an incoming wormhole.
                      Simply says that you can't. It doesn't answer the question. Read the thread title again ...

How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

Originally posted by aarlin81 View Post
                        Simply says that you can't. It doesn't answer the question. Read the thread title again ...

Oh i misunderstood the question you cant go backwards you can enter the event horizon and be de molecularised but if you aren't pulled out or pushed out by something coming through then you will cease to exist when the gate disengaes

Comment

What do you mean he bites his tounge? It could be true. When have we seen something go all the way through the EH of a receiving gate? Sticking your hand into it doesn't count. And the M.A.L.P. from "A Hundred Days" was said to "Slip back through the event horizon" not explicitly destroyed. It could have been spit out later and destroyed when Teal'c dialed in.
                          What i mean is that it was clearly shown in the show that anything fully entering the event horizon on the receiving gate is not transported and is not reintegrated or spilled back. But in his blog JM he stated otherwise, thats what i mean, contradictory statements.

And about:
                          It could have been spit out later and destroyed when Teal'c dialed in.
                          Clearly similar when teal'c got traped in the gate buffer, any out or incoming connection clear the buffer clean effectively destroing any pattern stored.
                          sigpic
                          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

What i mean is that it was clearly shown in the show that anything fully entering the event horizon on the receiving gate is not transported and is not reintegrated or spilled back.
                            When? I can't think of any time we have seen anything go into a receiving Stargate except "A Hundred Days"...

Clearly similar when teal'c got traped in the gate buffer, any out or incoming connection clear the buffer clean effectively destroing any pattern stored.
                            OR it kept getting spit out and falling back in continuously. Then once the wormhole shut down and it was spat out one last time, it crashed on the floor of the cavern and was destroyed by the unstable vortex when the wormhole Teal'c came in on connected.

Wait...They were two separate wormholes, right? That's how T knew he had to use climbing equipment?

Comment

alternatively the malps wieght may have exerted more force that the event horizon its only a gentle push.

Comment

I couldn't find anything relating to this in a search so I'll feel free to go ahead and ask:

What happens to you if you walk through the 'wrong' side of an established wormhole?
                                I.E, the opposite side that the WHOOSH emerges from.

I can't think of any examples from the show that depict this happening, but I can think of three possible answers.

A) Most likely, due to it never occuring on the show - you die.
                                B) You pass through the wormhole as you normally would, arriving safely at the destination gate.
                                C) You pass through the event horizon ineffectually...ending up on the 'right' side of the gate.

Comment

Working...
                                X