Why the race is what it is.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the race is what it is.

Ok guys, listen up. I'm wrapping this in spoiler tags. This just dawned on me...

Laugh if you want but it holds water..

Spoiler:

Ok so the "Lost Tribe" is obviously the Asgard, well what is the Asgard are the future descendants of the Ancients? Think about it, the Asgards died out due to cloning to remove genetic imperfections, what if that was there way of combating the disease that wiped them out in the Milky Way? Then just just naturally moved on to another galaxy as they did from Pegasus?

That would explain why they have replicators as well, it would also explain why they are so technologically advanced. Also why they were quick (ok so not lightning fast, but pretty quick) to trust the humans of the Milky Way).

Then that would explain why they knew of the device in the Pegasus galaxy, because I'm sure the Gate feedback would have been noticed by the other ancients from Janus.

Then if they knew about it, that would explain why they went back. Thousands of years could have changed them in such a way that there appearence is no longer human looking, and there opinion (Why they were willing to go for the "End Game" option.)

Then that would also explain why they had the Ancient shields and the knowledge of exactly where to go to get the device.

They were just waiting for it to be activated to trace Atlantis's new position after it moved when Wier was abducted.

Then that would also explain the title "The Lost Tribe" as it could be the lost "ANCIENT" tribe?

Perhaps the fact they were descendants of the ancients was long lost? Or perhaps thats why Thor was screwing around with Earth? He was an ancient left to defend it?

Perhaps this is part of the "I can't ascend group"?

It would also explain the Ida Galaxy stargates!

???
    lol

It is an interesting thought. Only thing is what about the great alliance? The Ancients and Asgard existed at the same time.

Comment

Spoiler:
      That does nothing to explain anything with the replicators. The ones they battled with were found on a planet in their home galaxy. How they got there remains unknown, but it was proven that Reese was responsible for their creation so the Asgard were just victims that happened to stumble upon them. It could've happened to anyone.

But anyway, I've always thought that the Asgard might've been an early attempt on the Ancient's part to create Humanoid life. If true, it's a possible explaination for why the Ancients involved them in the alliance if it did indeed take place 5-10 million years ago when one would think that they wouldn't have inter-galactic capabilities based on what little we know about them from 30,000 years ago. But this is based on my simple dislike of the overuse of Humanoid life evolving indepedently from each other in Sci Fi and has nothing to support it.

Comment

Well, parts still dont make sense to me about your theory, but
        Spoiler:
        I do like the part about the theory on how stargates got into the IDA galaxy, there must be a story there as well.

Comment

Spoiler:
          If the Asgard were descended from the Ancients they wouldn't have such a hard time comprehending Ancient technology ('The Fifth Race'). Also, before 'New Order' the Asgard didn't have replicator disruptor technology, so this further debunks the Asgard being future Ancients. Since the Asgard had known all about Atlantis wouldn't you expect them to ask for their city back if they had somehow been Ancients?

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
            Spoiler:
            If the Asgard were descended from the Ancients they wouldn't have such a hard time comprehending Ancient technology ('The Fifth Race'). Also, before 'New Order' the Asgard didn't have replicator disruptor technology, so this further debunks the Asgard being future Ancients. Since the Asgard had known all about Atlantis wouldn't you expect them to ask for their city back if they had somehow been Ancients?
            good point!

Comment

I'm sorry but to me this idea doesn't sound plausible.. I guess we will find out on Friday if thats the line of thinking they are going with but I wouldnt like it personally.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by BulletxxProof89 View Post
                Ok guys, listen up. I'm wrapping this in spoiler tags. This just dawned on me...

Laugh if you want but it holds water..

Spoiler:

Ok so the "Lost Tribe" is obviously the Asgard, well what is the Asgard are the future descendants of the Ancients? Think about it, the Asgards died out due to cloning to remove genetic imperfections, what if that was there way of combating the disease that wiped them out in the Milky Way? Then just just naturally moved on to another galaxy as they did from Pegasus?

That would explain why they have replicators as well, it would also explain why they are so technologically advanced. Also why they were quick (ok so not lightning fast, but pretty quick) to trust the humans of the Milky Way).

Then that would explain why they knew of the device in the Pegasus galaxy, because I'm sure the Gate feedback would have been noticed by the other ancients from Janus.

Then if they knew about it, that would explain why they went back. Thousands of years could have changed them in such a way that there appearence is no longer human looking, and there opinion (Why they were willing to go for the "End Game" option.)

Then that would also explain why they had the Ancient shields and the knowledge of exactly where to go to get the device.

They were just waiting for it to be activated to trace Atlantis's new position after it moved when Wier was abducted.

Then that would also explain the title "The Lost Tribe" as it could be the lost "ANCIENT" tribe?

Perhaps the fact they were descendants of the ancients was long lost? Or perhaps thats why Thor was screwing around with Earth? He was an ancient left to defend it?

Perhaps this is part of the "I can't ascend group"?

It would also explain the Ida Galaxy stargates!

???
                lol
                Then why abduct Rodney and Daniel? And why have Rodney activate the device?
                You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

I agree. I think the "new" race is the Asgard,

Couple of things add up for it to be them. The basic design of their ships resembles that seen in the ships made by the Asgard from Orilla. The asgard are just as smart if not smarter than the Ancients, I'm thinking they just got a later start. These Asgard have probably lived in Pegasus for a long time and have had lots of time to study ancient tech (being able to pass through their shields unhindered).

I don't think those "super" troopers were anything more than androids.

The Asgard aren't a physically strong race, it's a wonder that they didn't create these super troopers in Orilla, though they would have been very useless against the Replicators. Yet they would be completely effective against the Wraith.

Who these asgard are, or why they are doing this will be revealed on Friday night, and I'll be there with Bells on.

Klaxxon

Comment

i think most of us will tune in

Comment

I still think I may be right... lol

I think the Asgard may still be descended from the Ancients. The reason they don't have the ATA gene is the same reason they are a dieing race - diminishing returns.

Comment

Working...
                      X