This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    And Sky, I loved the mermaid confidant thing too... I sent a message to Emma saying "Girl talk with the mermaid!"
    I stayed up til 3am to finish watching it...and it was more than worth the late night/early morning!!
    I have to agree with the mermaid chat...I loved that scene. I hope we get to see more interaction between Helen and the mermaid...I got the feeling that Helen had someone in which she could confide in and go to when she needed a friend! Loved it!! Beautiful!
    So... all the clues lighting up before Will's eyes... CSI trick, or abnormal? Hmmmm...
    Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    mmhm, interesting.
    will could be abnormal
    a twist i hadn't thought of
    I just thought it was a way to show the audience what was going through Will's mind and how he was thinking out the clues left behind...I hope he's not an abnormal!!
    Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    Tracy thinks it would be cruel to take away the audience's only normal
    But why was Will's mum in the way of the abnormal anyway? A brave woman... was she in the business?
    Is Henry not normal also?? Well normal in the sense of "normal"!!
    IIRC, the scene where Helen was comforting Will as a child after his mother was killed looked as though they may have been camping. So maybe his mother wasn't a Ghoul hunter but just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Although it does open it up to the possibility that his mum was in the business! But Helen said something along the lines of knowing that Will was destined for this work from the time he was eight...so I'm not sure at this stage!
    Helen said something in the ep that kinda through me a bit...and for the life of me I can't recall it but it was something that I say myself...when I find it, I'll post it!!
    I wish they had kept the scone scene in some how...but overall, I loved how fresh it looked and how bright it was. It was great to see daylight too!!
    Druitt is just...WOW!! He's so much more evil and soooo good at it!!
    I was kinda surprised that Helen didn't shoot Druitt when she had the chance considering the danger he had put Ashely in...that was a great scene too...I loved how Helen had to control her emotions...no way I could do that ever...not if it were my child. I'm a firm believer that Helen still holds very strong feelings for John. I'm just wondering what the blood was for and what did it do to John?
    It was fun spotting the clips from the webisodes...almost distractingly so!!
    The one scene that I was a little disappointed in was the two face guy...I liked it better in the webisodes but it was still cool!!
    Oh and the scene in the infirmary when Helen was stitching up Ashley...it looked better in the eps but I loved the dialogue from the webisode!! Still....I loved it!!!
    Henry was awesome...much more fun!!!
    I'm still hoping bigfoot gets a real name and more dialogue...if that's possible!!
    If we have to rate it out of 10, I'd give it a 9.5/10...it's almost perfect but I'm thinking it's only going to get better so I'm reserving my top score for then!
    Now to go wait for the next episode...yay!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

OK guys, sorry it took so long for me to reply, I saw the show last night, and
      WOW!!!

The opening shot of the city was amazing, it looked so wicked and real, like something out of a PS3 video game , and as I was watching it, I thought "Oh wow, this is real, it's finally here" . I of course payed close attention to the opening credits, looking for Amanda's name, and BOOM, and big smile came to my face when her name came up first, it just made it official that yup, she's the star . For a good part of the start, I was waiting for Helen to show up, and I was a little impatient I thought the shots of the "murder" scene was cool, mostly after Will shows up to check it out, I liked how he was smart about it, and how he didn't miss anything, but a big surprise was seeing Lorne, eh Sky, your man . But one of my favorite scenes/moments of the show was when Helen hit Will with her car , I'm thinking "She's 157 years-old and she still doesn't know how to drive? I hope Amanda's not like that ."

Now this is gonna sound a little silly and corny , but this is my most favorite moment in the whole series right now, and I'll never forget it, up until last night, I had never really seen Helen before, only Amanda with dark hair, and in promo pics and vids and stuff like that, but when I saw her for the first time, as she looked down at Will, a big smile came to my face again, I was just so happy to see her, and I actually said, out loud too, "It's nice to finally meet you Helen " just before she said "This is not how I hoped we'd meet". At that moment I said "It's fine with me" . I hope that didn't sound corny .

Anyway, the scene outside the hospital with Helen and Will was cool, the scene where they arrive at the Sanctuary was wicked because the look of the sky, stars and moon was really cool. And the shots inside the Sanctuary and of the creatures were really cool. Most of the time I was like "Wow." Every time I saw the "snake" coming out of the boys chest I kept think it looked like a goa'uld . I really liked the scene with Helen and Will talking in a room, and I really liked her speech, and I thought "Wow, she's really the star, this is her show" .

One part that stuck with me was when Helen and Will were on the roof, and she was trying to convince him to join, and she said "It's a massive leap of faith". As soon as she said that, I kept thinking of all the times in interviews Amanda said leaving SG and coming to Sanctuary was a big big leap of faith on her part. I really do think that was definitely a reference to Amanda. Anyone else think so?

The scene with Helen and the Mermaid was really calm and sweet, and how could I forget the scene with Helen and Ashley teaming up to find the boy. The part that scared me a little was when Helen and John were talking, and he started getting mad and yelling, I thought he was gonna hit her , and I'm thinking "oh, don't you dare, don't you dare." And the last scene with her and will was really sweet, and I liked that scene with her and an 8 year-old Will, it was really touching.

The show really met my expectations very nicely and although I wanted more-- a lot more Helen scenes, of course . Amanda was amazing, and top-notch, it was a fantastic feeling to see her staring in her own show, being the lead, the boss and I really can't wait for some Helen centred episodes. I'm really looking forward to requiem. I thought the show was amazing, and even though some my not see the pilot episode as super, I thought it was a way to start the series, and best of all, the premiere was only 90 minutes for me, because The Movie Network has no commercials . You know, I never saw the pilot episodes of SG-1 or Atlantis when they first came out, and I'm really, very proud and happy that I got to see this shows pilot, Amanda's show .

And as the show went on, I kept looking at Amanda/Helen's hair, it was really cool seeing the new Amanda and Helen for the first time, and I loved it. Oh, and I loved the ending credits, the music was creepy and wicked, and mysterious, and I liked that, and the best part of the ending credits was when I saw Amanda's name under the Executive producer title. *Wink* Can't wait to see the opening credits next week, and more Amanda/Helen screen time.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniela View Post
        ALso, that boy had goa'uld's cousin in him.
        maybe it was a deformed one
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          I liked how they wrote history in for Helen and Will (and no to me Will doesn't look like Daniel). You can see the turmoil between these characters.
          throwing in that helen was there to take care of will when he was a child was a *wonderful* addition and change! hmm... i wonder if she's kept tabs on him while he was growing up, or was she waiting until he was an adult to approach him?

and i don't see robin looking like michael shanks at all!

And of course I should say something about the effects I really enjoyed them, to me it didn't look like they were effects, they looked real, like they were in the buildings or what ever set they were using. I look forward to next weeks show...is it Next Friday yet
          the effects were fabulous! i don't saw a flaw here or there, but they were great and greatly improved from the webs! (on the webs, it was the three witches wep that had the best special effects)

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

So popping in from the Sanctuary forum I posted this:
            "The thing with the fight between Ashley and Druitt is that he knew she was his daughter and yet he still inflicted a lot of harm on her...and as we saw later, he put her in mortal danger. What I liked in the webisodes is that he was evil but still charming...now he's lost that charm. I miss the charm from his Victorian days...Ashley had spunk...and I guess she still does but Druitt was just a bit more righteous in some ways. And he was a lot nicer to Ashley. I still can't believe he put her in that cage with that "thing"!
            With regard to Ashley's age...I'm thinking she has to be in her early to mid twenties...no more than 25 but no less than 22!!
            Quote:
            ‘She’s your daughter, did you have her like when you were 12?’
            I cannot begin to tell you how any times people have said that to me when they meet my daughter. And to be honest...it's usually said with a bit of distaste...as though they truly believed I had a child when I was like 12!! Helen handled that with such grace..."very flattering"...maybe after so many years of hearing it she's accepted that that is how it is and it's better to say thank you rather than shy away from it or feel she has to explain that she is indeed her mother and that she wasn't a child bride.
            So a question....how do you think Helen got her immortality??
            I'm convinced it wasn't from John. I am however convinced he got it from her though.
            And I am also convinced that Ashley has inherited something from both her parents...her killer instincts from her dad and maybe some of his speed and strength...and maybe longevity from her mother...maybe not immortality but longevity instead.
            Got another question...when Druitt put Ashley in the cage with the bad beasty, and then he zipped out and Helen went to the computer to look for her...and she was somewhat emotional...what did she mutter?? I thought she said "oh bloody hell" but I can't be certain."
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
              Does anybody else think the part where amanda tapping's character was talking to the phyiciatrist (sp?) was a strikingly familiar scene from the orignal stargate movie? With him in the rain, looking a lot like daniel jackson mind you, and having someone talk to him crypticly about a job they want him to take, and also he has been riticuled by his peers and disliked. And he is also not showing much interest for the job too. hmmmmmmm........
              Yep I was thinking the same thing. The guy reminded me straight away of Daniel. The episode was not bad, though I have to say that it is basically the Canadian version of "Torchwood" - only Torchwood is better. I thought that David Hewlett would be in the episode but the way it looks he has been cut out of it. I can't say that episode got me hooked but I also didn't feel like turniing it off like "Merlin" did, which is actually a good sign.

I'll give this show a chance.
              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
              And he's wonderful.

Comment

The special effect where really impressive. I especially like the way they can show big spacial area (like cities, railway, the sanctuary "dome",etc). I wish other show like Stargate to show aliens planet (especially more advanced one. Non-gothic). Somehow it seem they are always stuck in a room, or in some forest. It doesnt translate well the idea that those aliens planet are in fact great civilizations like on earth. For example, in an atlantis episode the characters discover the human form replicators gigantic cities. We get to see some good visuals of it. But they never really walk around the city. Same thing with the Tollan city (like in pretense). They are always stuck inside some small corridor or room. We only get to see the tribunal entrance (which was good, but limited).

I didn't see any of the webisodes. The story was good, but nothing spectacular. But enough to grab my attention for the following weeks.
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I love how the show is nice and dark like BSG, and the Special effects are amazing, I applaud the Special effects crews, it was NICELY done.. I'll definitely be watching more of this show.
                  I'm gonna miss SG1..
                  Season 10, Simply amazing... Bring on the movies

The ori are going down!!!

Comment

I've just seen the first episode,and i thought it's pretty good actully.I didn't relize there where alot of Stargate actors in it. I was like "hey that's Lorne" lol. The effects where really good to like the opening with the city it was really cool. I quite like the music as well.

In some parts did it remind anyone else of the Matrix ?

Like at the part where Amanda's character is talking to Dr. Zinerman(sorry about the spelling lol) out side in the rain and Amanda's character says some thing like "choose that life and you'll something or choose this life and become who you wanted to be." (Some thing like that lol) It reminded me of the matrix when Neo is being questioned by Smith. and also when Zinerman decided to meet Amanda's character standing under his umbrella.

I though it was good and i'm looking forword to the next one and seeing Paul McGillion in episodes to come. wooo !!
                    GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

Working...
                    X