This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad + our cat = disaster

I need a bit of help. We own a cat who's at least 14 years old. My dad and he don't really get along too well. At least my dad doesn't get along with our cat. My dad tends to get mad at the closest thing near him, which, usually is our cat. I don't like this behavior, but my dad is the ruler, so to say, of our household, and I don't want to contradict him, but I'm afraid that our cat will get hurt someday. What should I do?!?!? Help please???

Sig by me

Get another cat.

That way, there's only a 50/50 chance that your original cat will get hit.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

LOL! Like that'll ever happen!

Sig by me

Comment

no mapp.....
        does he actually hit it, or is he just yelling at it?
        Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
        sigpic

Comment

He tends to kick it across the room into hard things, while swearing.

Sig by me

Comment

uh, apart from giving the cat away, I can't think of much. You could always hide the cat whenever your dad is home, eg, put it in your room or keep it out of his sight.
            "Wøøf!"

Comment

My dad tends to get mad at the closest thing near him, which, usually is our cat.
              What should I do?!?!?
              call the shrink
              Last edited by SoulReaver; 02 October 2008, 04:04 PM.

Comment

dude......i'd just give the cat away, what he's done already can be considered animal cruelty....
                Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                sigpic

Comment

Grow a pair and tell him to stop it. Animal cruelty is wrong no matter who's house it's in.

Comment

Have you tried talking to him... maybe come to a deal or compromise with him.

I don't like cats but dam... kicking it across the room. That's just mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_O'Neill_fan View Post
                      I need a bit of help. We own a cat who's at least 14 years old. My dad and he don't really get along too well. At least my dad doesn't get along with our cat. My dad tends to get mad at the closest thing near him, which, usually is our cat. I don't like this behavior, but my dad is the ruler, so to say, of our household, and I don't want to contradict him, but I'm afraid that our cat will get hurt someday. What should I do?!?!? Help please???
                      Originally posted by Jack_O'Neill_fan View Post
                      Your Father needs to get proper help asap before he :
                      a.kills or maims the cat.
                      b.starts on you and your other relatives.

To be blunt:don't rehome the cat .Your Father is the problem.If he can't or won't change ,then get outside support .

None of you need or deserve to live in fear ,but the longer you delay getting help ,the worse the results are going to be for yourselves and the poor maltreated cat !
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                      X