Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After all this hype about SGU being for a younger audience...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still a spring chicken, 18 years of age. A little concerned about the 'younger audience' even though I am closer to my 20's then to my 40's as it moves away from traditional Stargate. Having said that, with the wealth of experience on their side I have complete faith in TPTB to be just as successful if not more successful then their previous endeavours.

Comment

i'm 26 and i started watching in 1997 and i'm still in love with the franchise, what can i say the stargate is like an addiction

Comment

Im only 14, 3 years ago I found a book version of the movie at my school's library, loved it, so I watched the movie, and then by the time I discovered the series it was season 9. The first episode I saw live was Arthur's Mantle even though I had watched other episodes as re runs on sci fi before then, so I was a little confused about some things, but I loved it. Soon after I discovered that SGA was just as good, if not better, and that contrary to my previous belief, it was very connected to SG-1. So while I may be considered new to the franchise I have seen probly every episode of both shows. And while I wish SG-1 and SGA hadn't been cancelled, I will give Universe a chance. Also it has kinda taken over my life, everything I do now is usually in some way related to stargate.

Comment

I'm 27 on the moment will be 28 in february and started watching well when the movie was released and the show after that so that's 1995 or something like that in holland.

I dont mind they make the cast a bit younger.
          sigpic
          by Snowflake Shona

Comment

He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
            And he's wonderful.

Comment

I'm part of the younger audience, I guess. I love watching SGA. I started SGA about 3 Years ago, never watched SG1. A friend of mine has been watching all of Stargate, he is a great fan of Stargate. I started watching SGA with him and it he got me hooked on it, never cut get into SG1. But I like watching SGA, love the Characters and actors in it. Never been much of a sci fi fan bevore. Love Joe Flanigan, he looks cute even to a 20 year old. I watch the show every week now and own all the DVD's. I don't know if I will watch SGU, it doesn't sound promising, I will have to see who plays in it. If I don't care for the actors I won't watch it.

Comment

I'm 17, watched the show since I was 9. Love it!

I'm a little uneasy about SGU, but it is the same writers who brought us SG1 and SGA, so I'll give it a chance.

Comment

15 and was 9 when They started airing it for the first time in Holland and I became a real fan when they had before the new episodes so I could catch up
                  - Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
                  - When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
                  - Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
                  - Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Comment

I'm 24.

Got into SG when I was 21; in the fall of 2005 (so beginning of Season 9/Season 2 for those keeping records lol). I was asked to check out some Stargate by my friend who wanted to make a fan film (Stargate: Hades - coming soon!)

In addition to that, my girlfriend at the time was a big fan since she was in middle school, so we watched the movie and started SG-1 together.

We broke up shortly thereafter but I kept watching; and quickly too. I went from Season 1 to the midpoint of Season 9 (and the first season and a half of Atlantis) in about a month. Take that, Ben Browder! lol
                    Bryan Patrick Stoyle

IMDB Page
                    Breakdown Services Resume
                    Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by dhaken666 View Post
                      I'm 19, almost 20. I've been watching Stargate since I was about 15 or so. I probably would have started watching it sooner if I had realized how awesome it was! Lol But I'll give it a whirl. I've heard how it was supposed to be targeted at a younger audience, and I don't think that's a great idea. I think if they do that, they could possibly lose some of the fans they already have. I already believe both SG-1 and Atlantis are great for most age groups! I hope they keep it that way for Universe as well.

It is a family show, so your right and wrong -- because the believed target audience is 47. And also...they are going to loose fans now matter what. You believe they lost fans with Atlantis? Well, they did -- almost lost me.

Point is, they are going to loose fans, so the question is, how can they gain more fans?

Also, I'm 20 and will be 21 next week. :-)

Comment

I'm 20. It must have been around the 4th season of SG-1 when I started watching. I'd already seen the original movie when I was little and liked it a lot. I liked the show immediately. Been a fan ever since. Atlantis doesn't always impress me that much. Especially lately. But I still watch. First Contact was pretty good.

If Universe ended up as good as classic SG-1, then I would love it. But if it's just Stargate dumbed-down for a younger audience, then I'll be an unhappy fan.

Comment

I'm 26 and I have been a fan of Stargate since the movie. I loved SG1, like SGA but I'm not so convinced about this Stargate universe. It just doesn't have the sound of a good storyline like the others.

Comment

I am 15 and I own seasons !, 5,7,8, & 10 of SG-1. My first live episode of Stargate was the first episode of season 9 of SG-1. I look forward to every new episode and i can't wait for SGU and it's appeal to a younger audience, (although i was pleased with the casts of both Shows (SG-1 & SGA). Richard Dean Anderson was the best!). That's All Folks!!!

Comment

I've been into the Stargate franchise since the movie - the James Spader/Kurt Russell one, that is!!

SG-1 hooked me, but it was Atlantis that caught, skinned and fried me!! Joe Flanigan is the most gorgeous man in two galaxies! (and younger than me, hahahah - I'm 47!)
                              sigpic
                              My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

By the sound of things, at least as far as the fans go, they already had the younger audience nailed...

Comment

Working...
                                X