Will Todd learn his name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Todd learn his name?

or is nobody going to address him by name? Is he forever going to be ignorant of his 'human' name?
    sigpic
    Yeah... I know

Originally posted by Not Telling View Post
    or is nobody going to address him by name? Is he forever going to be ignorant of his 'human' name?
    I suspect he will, and that they are saving it up for a perfect moment, hopefully a hilarious one!

I loved what one of the Wraith Defenders posted...I can't remember exactly how it went, but Todd hearing his name for the first time, and objecting to it, saying it sounded more like a noise than a name...then demanding a new name. It was quite funny...

das
    sigpic

Comment

assuming the wraith even have names

Comment

Yeah... when a whole species knows what everyone of their kind is doing telepathically when in proximity, I believe the names of hives are of greater importance than those who serve them.

Regardless, he probably wouldn't understand or even like its origins - if you were Todd, would you really want to be compared to a puppet?!
        "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
        ==============================================================
        Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
        Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

I'm hoping we see him discovering his name in
          Spoiler:
          the season/series finale early next year, or in the first Stargate movie he's in. Although I'd much rather he found it out in The Lost Tribe, to maximize the character's reaction to the name and logically give him a chance to rebuff it and/or reveal what his real name is. Also for dramatic effect.
          It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
          --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Spoiler:
            I kind of hope Keller uses his "name" in "Infection". I can just imagine her reaction attempting to explain it to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Opener View Post
              I'm hoping we see him discovering his name in
              Spoiler:
              the season/series finale early next year, or in the first Stargate movie he's in. Although I'd much rather he found it out in The Lost Tribe, to maximize the character's reaction to the name and logically give him a chance to rebuff it and/or reveal what his real name is. Also for dramatic effect.
              "Enemy at the Gate" is set to air on December 18, 2008. There will be no Stargate Atlantis episodes in 2009 (let's all rejoice in not having to wait 7 months between the 1st and 2nd halves of the season like with season 3. What were the Sci-Fi execs smoking back then? Thank Wii for the Movie Network and the Movie Channel).

Comment

His real name is probably something like HissssssssChitterChitterSsssssClick. Or something buglike in that way.

Comment

Originally posted by belevision View Post
                  His real name is probably something like HissssssssChitterChitterSsssssClick. Or something buglike in that way.

LOVE IT!!! (I've often thought the same thing...)

das
                  sigpic

Comment

"Todd is a slave name. I didn't choose it, and I didn't want it. I am Muhammad Ali, a free name - it means beloved of God - and I insist people use it when speaking to me and of me."

... It'll be an epic scene. Trust me

Comment

Originally posted by the prophet View Post

"todd is a slave name. I didn't choose it, and i didn't want it. I am muhammad ali, a free name - it means beloved of god - and i insist people use it when speaking to me and of me."

... It'll be an epic scene. Trust me
                      rofl!
                      sigpic

Comment

Hasn't someone mentioned it around him once though? I was almost certain.

And of course Christopher Heyerdahl said he considers Todd's real name to be "Ace."
                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                          Hasn't someone mentioned it around him once though? I was almost certain.

And of course Christopher Heyerdahl said he considers Todd's real name to be "Ace."
                          Spoiler:
                          In "The Queen", Sheppard uses Todd's name in front of Kenny,

but I can't recall Todd being addressed by his name when he's been around. I may be forgetting something?
                          Last edited by naamiaiset; 30 September 2008, 05:33 PM.

Comment

That might possibly be what I was remembering. I don't believe that he was ever directly spoken to with it, but I thought he was referred to as "Todd" while he was somewhere around. In either way though, it would mean he could know his "human designation" at this point already.

*While walking down the hall of any of their Wraith ships*

Kenny: Soo um by the way the humans had this weird name for you.
                            Todd: Wait, what?
                            Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 30 September 2008, 07:21 PM.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities
                              *While walking down the hall of any of their Wraith ships*

Kenny: Soo um by the way the humans had this weird name for you.
                              Todd: Wait, what?
                              I'd love to see that.

Comment

Working...
                              X