Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Todd's not really thinking straight, which will lead to unnecessary deaths...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
    True, and while I'm glad they didn't, the marines were quite unprofessional. That, or they feared breaking the bridge windows and having everybody sucked into space.
    I think the "glass" on our warship isn't actual glass. Flying through space at thousands of miles an hour, at that speed, a mere pebble is gonna be tens of times stronger than a normal bullet.

Also, I have enough faith in Earth's soldiers to believe they can aim at a stationary target.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
      but the fact that he made the crewmen prisoners instead of killing them outright suggests he still had doubts
      I kind of think this suggests he might get hungry later on...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose
        I kind of think this suggests he might get hungry later on...
        aw crap, forgot they were wraiths for a moment

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
          How the hell would Todd know all of this? And if he did, why not just swoop in and try to retake it to prevent it from ever being activated? Also, according to Rodney, it was even hard. Just plug it in and turn it on.
          Because Todd and all the Wraith know that Ancient tech requires the gene. Also he obviously knew the effects of the device. He felt betrayed and I can't say I blame him.

That's not the way the Lanteans roll and Todds knows it.
          Maybe so but I can see why he jumped to that conclusion.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The fact he so quickly expected betrayal from them only proves that he watches the show.

Comment

I actually think it could have been a great plan IF Woolsey was trying to destroy the Wraith.

PLAN OUTLINE
              (/) The Daedalus meets up with Todd.
              (/)They lure him aboard.
              (/)Activate the Atari device
              (X)Subdue Todd
              ( )Destroy his hive and support ships
              ( )Jump away
              ( )Torture Todd for information on other rival hiveships

With Todd's knowledge of enemy alliance hives locations the 304s fleet could pick them off one at a time.

Who else can have access to the Atari device anyway?

Todd knows of the device. He knows it was of Ancient design. Probably suspected the entire device was on Atlantis or a significant portion of it.

He knows it couldn't be Michael. So by process of elimination it should be them. The human deaths are "acceptable" losses. (See how I work Todd's own words like that)
              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                Because Todd and all the Wraith know that Ancient tech requires the gene. Also he obviously knew the effects of the device. He felt betrayed and I can't say I blame him.
                I meant the part where it's on a supposedly Stargateless planet.

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                Who else can have access to the Atari device anyway?
                I like the idea of Atari being this evil corporation running around blowing ships out of the sky.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                  I meant the part where it's on a supposedly Stargateless planet.
                  He might have gathered intel from live Ancients prisoners during the war. But in fact, like YutheGreat suggested, he might even simply believe that the device IS on Atlantis.
                  My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                  Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                  sigpic

Comment

FallenAngelII, I have to apologise. While I still think it was logical for Todd to believe he had been betrayed, and so to react by hijacking the Daedalus, in "The Lost Tribe"
                    Spoiler:
                    his willingness to continuously accuse Sheppard of wanting to keep the device active despite Sheppard's repeated denials was very irrational. Considering how many wraith and humans were dying as they spoke, things might not have evolved very differently, but Todd still should have understood much faster that the Atlanteans had nothing to do with it, not willingly at least.

So yeah, he was not thinking straight in this story.
                    Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                    sigpic

Comment

As it turns out though he was completely right in expecting betrayal, he just got the time and place wrong.

In Lost Tribe

Spoiler:
                      It's made completely clear that were the Atterro device not also a treat to humans in Pegasus Jackson and McKay would have jumped at the chance to use it, dooming Todd along with the rest of his species to a slow death by starvation. Even though as far as they both know at this point the plan is to try and make peace with Todd. McKay can barely contain his excitement at the fact that they've discovered a way to kill Todd and all the Wraith rather than actually have to go through with that whole icky peace and coexistence thing.

Comment

I completely agree with you. Todd was the hero there, defending his people against a terrible weapon. However,
                        Spoiler:
                        he should have recognised Sheppard's innocence during their conversation. When Sheppard asked him to flight to Atlantis and pick him up, "you're going to get your ship back and save the Attero device for future study" would have been a valid accusation, but "you're going to blast the ship's hyperdrives with a drone" was not.

Still, I think (hope) that McKay was more excited by the technical prowess and inventivity of Janus than by the perspective of a genocide of the wraith.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X