This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OS of Atlantis

Hey i think this might be a huge thing to ask or its just me to involved in the show but, is there anyway to get the same tablet pc as the ones on atlantis and also get the same or of interface as them. If you could help it would be great!!!
    BRING BACK SGA.. NEVER WATCHING SCI-FI OR SGU EVER

Originally posted by Stargate_atlantis- View Post
    Hey i think this might be a huge thing to ask or its just me to involved in the show but, is there anyway to get the same tablet pc as the ones on atlantis and also get the same or of interface as them. If you could help it would be great!!!
    Tablet p.c.'s I think have been gaining popularity as well as touch screen as the technology is being better perfected. I have seen some tablets on ebay, and on the internet under large computer companies names.

As far as the operating system, I don't believe that they actually created one for the tablet or the show, it is probably just graphics and programs run on a Linux base.
    You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

I think it's rather likely that the "OS" is just a video file made in something like Motion with a combination of several Adobe apps involved as well. It's possible that it's a modded out Linux distro, but I think writing the completely new interface would take up way too much time on the part of the producers.

As for tablet PCs, they're gaining a little bit of popularity, so you could probably find something on eBay or whatnot, though I don't know exactly which model they use on the show.
      Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
      Check out my Flickr

Comment

Looks like Unix stuff in the tablets & laptops, I think. Something like "AtlantOS" (Debian based . Actual ancient super spectacular operating system is might be thing like "A.L.T.E.R.O.S." or something like that.

"It's StarGates, not Windows". Mua-ha-ha-h-ha, thatz da funny $hit! Mua-ha.

Comment

hmmm thanks for that!! I just never wanna lose the memory of it all and id love to have all the stuff u see on the tablets and laptops

Comment

Well at the moment im working on a ipod touch/ iphone customisation, that is has an ancienty feel to it
            check it out here
            http://icbreeze.deviantart.com/art/Atlantean-97252094

though i could do with some suggestion on how to make it more ancienty

Comment

Most of computers are made by Dell, so those tablet are also from Dell?
              Asgard in memoriam

Comment

The tablet pc's are Motion Computing M1400's. The cases are made by Elegant Packaging. You can probably find the tablet on eBay. Probably not the case though. I bought one of these computers a few weeks ago. Had to order the case directly from the manufacturer. And they're pretty expensive.

Comment

Oh, and the OS is Windows XP Tablet Edition.

Comment

It's basically a regular computer system with flash or other animation files that loop and/or play certain things. Just like how all the computer displays in SG-1 were.

Vala,

Comment

HP and Gateway also make a Tablet PC wont quite be the same but might cost less. I built one on HP's website it would cost me about 1000 us dollars but could cost more or less depending on what you put in it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Dr. Weir's tablet was a Compaq.

And as for the person making the Ancient iPhone interface, needs to be blue background with some sort of green font.
                        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

This tablet used by Dr. Weir is definitely the M1400.

As is this one used in Tabula Rasa.

Here is a pic of the tablet I'm talking about.

Comment

the one used in Tabula Rasa is the one i want but i also want the features of what they do in Atlantis..... is this too much to ask for?? lol i hope not

Comment

Like I said, try searching on eBay for "Motion Computing M1400." I just checked and they're are quite a few for sale right now.

BTW this is also the same tablet used in Grace Under Pressure, where Rodney was using it with just his fingers. The tablet is not actually capable of being used like that. Digitizer only. So basically all the programs are fake. The features are just flash animations. You'd have to make them yourself (or find someone else to.) Sorry

Comment

Working...
                              X