Discuss the "New" Race!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedWolf View Post
    You know I have to wonder how the crew of the Daedalus will internalize that Asgards still exist. Even if they are another tribe.

Other than SG1 they are the only ones who has made a rapport with that race.

Hermiod may have been a bit of a pain in the arse on a McKay level but he was one of their own.

For him to have died without telling them or saying goodbye. (He probably hates dying goodbyes as much as McKay.)
    I think the only Asgard that truly understood what the Human race was about was Thor, but I'm sure that the SGC had dealings with other Asgard besides the ones we've seen on the show.
    Thor was the Supreme Commander of the Asgard fleet so I think he was likely one of the most respected and powerful members of that race and that would have swayed many doubts about them making us the fifth race.
    I think he had already made his decision to help us as much as possible when we saved his life the first time.
    Still one person's vote surely wasn't enough for the entire race to agree to us having their entire database of knowledge and neither would 4 (I'm including Frayr and Vasir in the count) make a races decision for them.
    At the end of the day I suppose actions speak louder than words and without really knowing who the Asgard were we found the means to defeat their mortal enemy and risked ourselves in the process.

Thor obviously had great trust that we wouldn't completely screw up with their tech at our fingertips.

As far as the Daedalus dealing with the knowledge that the Asgard are still alive, I'm sure they will be shocked as will anyone who thought they were completely gone would be, but they were an intergalactic race, have been for quite a few thousand years I'm sure of that, so it's not entirely unlikely that there could be more of those cool little grey dudes knocking around the universe.

Comment

I think that the new race is neither asgard, ori or goauld, they are probably a new race altogether. When Dr. Weir took residence in a replicator body she said something about there being other races (which might be very advanced technologically) that are hiding from the wraith. So mabye this is one of them

Comment

Originally posted by Manbearpig View Post
        I think that the new race is neither asgard, ori or goauld, they are probably a new race altogether. When Dr. Weir took residence in a replicator body she said something about there being other races (which might be very advanced technologically) that are hiding from the wraith. So mabye this is one of them
        Whoa... have you seen the episode First Contact? Watch than post your answer

Comment

Working...
        X