This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another moral question

okay, so in duet cadmens conciousness was accidentaly put into makays head. well in the episode they had some fighting going on as to who gets primary controll off the body. well my question is, if the switch was permanant and they both had to stay in makays body, who should get primary control? should it be makay since it was his body first or should the have to share it since its now both their body, or should cadmen get primary control? also whos lifestyle should be continued, makays or cadmens? also, who should get to make all of the decisions, should they both get an equil say or should makay get to make the final call or should cadmen get the final call?

and for the sake of this discussion, lets assume that both of them staying in makays head wont harm either of them in any way.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

I would say McKay just because it is his body but I would say that she should be able to speak to her family members and who ever else she has back on earth if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
      I would say McKay just because it is his body but I would say that she should be able to speak to her family members and who ever else she has back on earth if need be.

i agree but man would that be a wierd conversation. talking to your family through makays body,woo, just try and explain that one to your folks.
      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Do it like the tok'ra? I think both the host and the symbiote are equals in terms of power.

Comment

I think they both should get an equal say. But they should also set down a few rules (like when each of them gets control, constant back and forth would be irritating)

Comment

Originally posted by Ekkehart View Post
            Do it like the tok'ra? I think both the host and the symbiote are equals in terms of power.
            That’s it! Problem solved… good idea

Comment

Originally posted by Ekkehart View Post
              True but with the Tok'ra the host chose to take the symbiote...McKay had no choice in the matter
              "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

If I was Cadman, I was not speak anything and make scary moments to McKay, when he having a sex with that flowerdealer.
                Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
                  True but with the Tok'ra the host chose to take the symbiote...McKay had no choice in the matter
                  Yeah, but shouldn't he still have to deal with what was givin to him? No pun intended here, but he was given lemons should he not make lemonade?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargatelvr View Post
                    Yeah, but shouldn't he still have to deal with what was givin to him? No pun intended here, but he was given lemons should he not make lemonade?
                    no!! he should not make lemonade, dont you know hes deathly alergic to citrus, unless you proposing he should kill himself....
                    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Actually, my vote goes for Mccay to have primary control due to A) his importance and B) his higher rank.

Comment

Imagine if that actually happened and you had to share your body with another consciousness? You would both go insane. It would be like SG1 'LIFEBOAT'. Granted, Daniel had multiple consciousnesses in his brain but still, you'd go insane trying to separate yourself from the other person. As much as I love Cadman...it's Mckay's body.

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
                          Imagine if that actually happened and you had to share your body with another consciousness? You would both go insane. It would be like SG1 'LIFEBOAT'. Granted, Daniel had multiple consciousnesses in his brain but still, you'd go insane trying to separate yourself from the other person. As much as I love Cadman...it's Mckay's body.
                          that is what the tollan triad decided for Skaara/klorel. He who is born into it, owns it!
                          but cadman would have been a marked improvement!

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                            no!! he should not make lemonade, dont you know hes deathly alergic to citrus, unless you proposing he should kill himself....
                            ...you...my friend win the prize.

But back to the topic...it's McKay's body...he was born with it..it's his...if nothing else the person's body is the one and only thing they can truly claim as their own...aside from their children I suppose...but how would Cadmen be different than a Goa'uld is she took his body or if he was forced to share his body? If its a matter of survival the Goa'uld need hosts to survive so...difference?
                            "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                              okay, so in duet cadmens conciousness was accidentaly put into makays head. well in the episode they had some fighting going on as to who gets primary controll off the body. well my question is, if the switch was permanant and they both had to stay in makays body, who should get primary control? should it be makay since it was his body first or should the have to share it since its now both their body, or should cadmen get primary control? also whos lifestyle should be continued, makays or cadmens? also, who should get to make all of the decisions, should they both get an equil say or should makay get to make the final call or should cadmen get the final call?

and for the sake of this discussion, lets assume that both of them staying in makays head wont harm either of them in any way.
                              Well, i thought it would be funny if Mckay could have the body(his body) during the day and Cadman could have it during the night
                              Spoiler:
                              APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                              (YEAR 0 - 100)
                              "O thou Sun,
                              send me as far over the earth
                              as is my pleasure and thine,
                              and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                              but never hear anything of bad ones,
                              nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Working...