Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last ngiht's episode confirmed
    Spoiler:

there are the 'created' ones with powers, the nikki, barbara and even Peter and his brother are created.

I think what we have is a situation analogous to ATantis

we have the 'descendants of the ancients'....some scattered people carrying the gene to have powers. and then we have the 'created ancients'...those given the gene therapy/genetic manipulations to give them powers

Adam is proof that some are natural, Mama Perelli confirmed that some are created, that they had a program to make 'heros', but i'm guessing soon realized that they were not only creating heros they were creating villians as well, so it was shut down.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm still not convinced that Peter and/or Syler were created. While that is a definite possiblily, Angela said she knew Nathan would accept it because he had the genetic ability (meaning his parent(s) have powers). It made it sound like he was the only one without them, but I guess we'll find out more as time goes by.
      sigpic

Comment

ADAM WAS NOT THE FIRST
        ...I'd like to clear this up once and for all. And I have the documentation to prove it.

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
        Maybe he is the first, but I doubt it.

Also, if you have read all of the Novels/Comics we know that Adam ran into a multiplier a couple hundred years ago when he first came to America so we is definitely not related to each Hero and I doubt he is the first.
        Correct -- but also for the record, no, Adam is NOT the first.

An Egyptian named Khufu turned up in the comics, and he was a Pharaoh in Egypt way back when the pyramids were being built: http://heroeswiki.com/Khufu

...and therefore WAY before Adam. So no. Adam was not the first, and he is not an ancestor of every single naturally-born hero.
        There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

however, one should note, not everyone has read or will read the comics. so, for many of us, what's 'real' and 'canon' is what we see on the screen.

If they want this stuff in the comics to count as canon, they need to write it into the show
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            however, one should note, not everyone has read or will read the comics. so, for many of us, what's 'real' and 'canon' is what we see on the screen.

If they want this stuff in the comics to count as canon, they need to write it into the show
            Still, the only evidence that Adam is the first Hero is based on that he's the only Hero we know who was around before 1937 (Kaito's birth). Seeing as we've only visited one timeframe before 1937, which was 1671, it really isn't much to go on. It could equally be argued that Kaito was the Second Hero, 260+ years after Adam was around.

On the other side, we have a semi-canon webcomic (Which, so far hasn't broken established canon, and seems to be tied in quite closely to a Heroes "Expanded Universe". I'm sure the Writers are intending that the Graphic Novels are indeed canon, even though they don't show it on TV.) This Semi-Canon source does state that there was a Hero back in Ancient Egypt, pre-dating Adam by millenia.

So far, the evidence seems to be to the contrary; Adam doesn't appear to be the first Hero, just the oldest Hero we know (which isn't much, Hero's travelled to the past four times? Those times being 6 Months ago, 1990, 1977 and 1671, not much of a basis to state that Adam was the first ever Hero).

Comment

I think Claire is descended from Adam(as evidenced by her powers)....meaning either Meredith or Nathan are descended from Adam.

Comment

Originally posted by Fjord View Post
                I think Claire is descended from Adam(as evidenced by her powers)....meaning either Meredith or Nathan are descended from Adam.
                i would say meredith, because she's blonde no more reason than that
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

Adam does look more like Claire than Nathan does.... O.o

LOL
                  Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X