This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate (1994)

OMG.... i'm watching the opening credits for Stargate, the original motion picture...

CREEPY..........

the camera panning around and then cutting back on a statue of Ra's face...

and the MUSIC......

that score was very much present in the first season or 2 of SG1, i believe.... but quickly faded out... sad really... the original Goa'uld theme was lost and replaced by standard TV music... :-(
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

OMG...

in the scene where Daniel is lecturing about the pyramids at the beginning... one guy quips, "who do you think built them.... men from Atlantis?"

the answer is no, obviously...

but he Ancients are responsible for them, for without the stargates, the goa'uld never would have thrived

Comment

I'm glad SG-1 moved away from the movie's music and developed it's own musical identity. All they needed to keep from the movie was the main theme for the opening credits and Ra's theme which they kept as the Goa'uld theme. The movie's soundtrack is available on CD. You can buy it from Amazon.com.

Comment

A derivative of the movie's theme tune was used as the opening theme of SG-1 till the end, save for those episodes/seasons having a shortened start with just the title being shown. I always enjoyed watching the original start that was taken from the movie. It embodied something profound, mysterious and ancient. Then Scifi took over and everything went downhill since then, until the show's ultimate demise.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
          OMG...

in the scene where Daniel is lecturing about the pyramids at the beginning... one guy quips, "who do you think built them.... men from Atlantis?"

but he Ancients are responsible for them, for without the stargates, the goa'uld never would have thrived
          Very true.

Oh how many mistakes did the Ancient's actually make? I meen we lowly Humans have made some pretty big ones of our own but the Ancient's are in a completely different league of their own.
          You'd think being so wise they would've at least learnt from their's but I guess that's why they don't interfere now.

Comment

OMG...

lol i have never thought about that...
            Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
              lol i have never thought about that...

i think that's why Daniel got so pissed off all the time... the Ancients are in part... NOT WHOLLY... BUT IN PART... responsible for all the crap that went on in the Milky Way... and never cleaned up their messes... it's too bad that Daniel wasn't involved with SGA... bc i'm sure he'd be even more pissed off than he was when he confronted Morgan for help with the Ori... after all, the Ancients - with all their tech and knowledge - couldn't handle a few hundred thousand bugs

but i digress

yes, a derivative of the SG94 score is used as the theme of SG1... i guess i just miss the Showtime years...

Comment

wow welcome to stargate
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  wow welcome to stargate
                  i've been here since the beginning.... 14 years ago...

Comment

Technically the ancients created atlantis as their main home, so they would be from atlantis, and they did create the stargates so.....he was right

Comment

Originally posted by KowalRoyale View Post
                      Technically the ancients created atlantis as their main home, so they would be from atlantis, and they did create the stargates so.....he was right
                      actually, no, you're wrong (i think )

the ancients did not create Atlantis as their main home

Atlantis was created MILLIONS of years after they arrived in the milky way...

Comment

"Stargate"the movie was very good.I like it very much...

Comment

i've been here since the beginning.... 14 years ago...
                          you just seem all happy like you''ve seen it for the first time
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            you just seem all happy like you''ve seen it for the first time
                            indeed
                            lol

it's like discovering an old toy of yours in the attic that you thought was the coolest thing when you were 5...

Comment

I haven't watched the original movie for ages.
                              I think I'm gonna have to sit down and watch it all again.

Comment

Working...
                              X