X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you are Anti do you go into a Pro thread and vice versa

Howdy all,

I go back and forth between the Pro and Anti threads and I got to say it's nice talking to people who like or dislike the same thing you do about a character or episode.

Recently I went into an Anti thread about my Favorite Grumpy Doctor just to look around and see why people don't like him.

Then I was wondering how many of other posters get brave and do what I did and if it changed how you perceive your Pro or Anti Views?
    Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

I sometimes lurk to see what people say, but it has never changed a single bit how I feel about the ship I am pro or anti. In some cases I just end up believing that that group of people watch an entirely different show than I am Or depending on show and ship, I might see people's point on why they don't like or do like something, but still feel the same way I did before.
    sigpic
    My Site || My Blog

Comment

No, I stay out. It doesn't change my opinion on a ship or person, and I feel like I am trespassing where I should not.
      They have as much right to their opinion as I, so I would feel like I did something wrong if I, say, wrote why I disagreed, or gave that thread a vote. I could never be fair, so better stay out. People should have their own places where they can ship whomever in peace.

-Skadi
      sigpic
      Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Yes, I lurk in the opposing threads to see what they have to say. But usually I stay out.

Comment

I do it pretty frequently, just to see if I've been missing something. Occasionally I've been won over, at least to the point where I could see myself holding that opinion in the future. But mostly it's just to make sure I keep an open mind.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
          ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
            No, I stay out. It doesn't change my opinion on a ship or person, and I feel like I am trespassing where I should not.
            They have as much right to their opinion as I, so I would feel like I did something wrong if I, say, wrote why I disagreed, or gave that thread a vote. I could never be fair, so better stay out. People should have their own places where they can ship whomever in peace.

-Skadi
            I agree with you there. I merely lurk occasionally when my curiousity takes me there, but mostly I stay out of it. And I don't post, because you're right. They do have the right to their opinion. The only times I've posted in the opposite thread is when it's a neutral matter, like just someone looking for a specific scene, episode, etc. and I happen to know it. And there was this one time in a Gilmore Girls forum, where a couple fellow shippers attacked the opposite shipper thread. Then I made a post, apologising on behalf of the whole shipper group, making a point that not all of us would trample over their thread like that. But in general I just avoid posting in the opposite threads altogether, it's easier. I most often just read a few posts, shake my head and go back to my own threads.
            sigpic
            My Site || My Blog

Comment

I'm an Anti and don't even visit the Pro thread. I leave them completely alone and wish they could do the same for me

Comment

I never lurk in Pro threads because I know at some point I'm going to open my big mouth and get myself into severe trouble, so I avoid temptation wherever possible

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                  I'm an Anti and don't even visit the Pro thread. I leave them completely alone and wish they could do the same for me
                  You mean "leave them alone" as in not posting or not reading altogether? I'm with you on the posting part, if that's what you meant. While at least with the Dellers and McKellers any interaction is done in good humor (which is rare, compared to many other opposing ships), I do think that posting against the thread purpose is disrespectful to say the least, doesn't matter who's posting. Pro-comments should stay in the Pro-threads and anti-comments in the anti-threads and shippers should not "spread their ship" to other shipper threads, at least not the ones in direct "competition" with the ship.

I don't see the harm in reading in a thread if you respect the posters enough not to comment on it.
                  sigpic
                  My Site || My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by misskitten View Post
                    You mean "leave them alone" as in not posting or not reading altogether? I'm with you on the posting part, if that's what you meant. While at least with the Dellers and McKellers any interaction is done in good humor (which is rare, compared to many other opposing ships), I do think that posting against the thread purpose is disrespectful to say the least, doesn't matter who's posting. Pro-comments should stay in the Pro-threads and anti-comments in the anti-threads and shippers should not "spread their ship" to other shipper threads, at least not the ones in direct "competition" with the ship.

I don't see the harm in reading in a thread if you respect the posters enough not to comment on it.
                    I've been on the Pro thread only once when I got word they're using my translation of Zelenka without crediting me. Got some greens from them. They asked me about my opinion on S4 (as a well known Anti). I gave it to them and since then I haven't even read the pro thread. I leave the Pros completely alone.

*looks at location tag* Been to your city once and I have to say it's wonderful. It wasn't even raining the two days I've been there

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                      *looks at location tag* Been to your city once and I have to say it's wonderful. It wasn't even raining the two days I've been there
                      It's known for its rain, but there's much more good weather than people think
                      sigpic
                      My Site || My Blog

Comment

all the time lol, makes interesting reading.
                        sigpic

Comment

i'm pro and i used to go into the anti threads just to see a different view point.

i think it's interested that something i love so much ...someone else could hate with their dying breath it's a interesting viewpoint to explore sometimes
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I don't tend to... if I'm anti-something, the pro-ness of the pro doesn't interest me. If I'm pro-something, anti-ness just makes me wonder why but I don't feel it's my place to ask there.

Comment

I feel so guilty for going to an other view.

I feel like I am waiting for a "YOU!" How dare you come here.

then I run and hide.
                              Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Working...
                              X