All Those Timelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Those Timelines

Spoilers may be included here, depending upon what you've watched. If you don't want to know, then don't read on past the season header. My question, is what happens to all the people from the future, when the future changes?

Season #1
    Is all about Peter exploding and killing thousands. Issac painted the future, yet the explosion in the 'present' didn't actually happen (ok, the explosion did, but the burning city didn't). Via this, Issac didn't actually paint the future?

Season #2
    Is all about the Shanti Virus. In the future, the virus nearly wiped out human kind. Catlin was also in that future. The present however, was 'corrected', thus changed the events of time, rendering the future different. On that note, what happened to 'that' future? What happened to Catlin?

Season #3
    From what we currently know, there are two futures here.

1) Once Nathan has revealed to the world about the powers, our Heroes are hunted and such. Peter then travels back in time, shoots Nathan, stops their powers from going public, and then changes time again.

2) In this 'new' future, we see that Peter, Matt, Claire and a few others (can't remember them all) are killed by two-three of the new villans, along with (unless I am seeing things) Adam.

How does Future Peter now fit in? In theory, he has travelled from a future that does not now exist. Does this not therefore mean he should have been erased from existence?
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
    Spoilers may be included here, depending upon what you've watched. If you don't want to know, then don't read on past the season header. My question, is what happens to all the people from the future, when the future changes?

Season #1
    Is all about Peter exploding and killing thousands. Issac painted the future, yet the explosion in the 'present' didn't actually happen (ok, the explosion did, but the burning city didn't). Via this, Issac didn't actually paint the future?

Season #2
    Is all about the Shanti Virus. In the future, the virus nearly wiped out human kind. Catlin was also in that future. The present however, was 'corrected', thus changed the events of time, rendering the future different. On that note, what happened to 'that' future? What happened to Catlin?

Season #3
    From what we currently know, there are two futures here.

1) Once Nathan has revealed to the world about the powers, our Heroes are hunted and such. Peter then travels back in time, shoots Nathan, stops their powers from going public, and then changes time again.

2) In this 'new' future, we see that Peter, Matt, Claire and a few others (can't remember them all) are killed by two-three of the new villans, along with (unless I am seeing things) Adam.

How does Future Peter now fit in? In theory, he has travelled from a future that does not now exist. Does this not therefore mean he should have been erased from existence?
    Future Peter still exists because he is now in our timeline. Had he been in his own time when the timeline was erased, he would no longer exist, but because he was in the present, he can keep going (yes, it makes your head hurt haha).

Also, the "current" future is one in which;

- Numerous persons who previously did not have abilities now do (ie. Ando), and all Hell has broken loose on Earth. Hiro Nakamura is killed by Ando in Japan when the former refuses to hand over the formula to the latter.
    - A massive battle inside Primatech Paper leaves Peter Petrelli, Claire Bennet and Matt Parkman dead.
    - Adam Monroe, Nikki Sanders and Echo DeVille seem to be the perpetrators of this attack.
    - Sylar has formed some sort of alliance/bond with Angela Petrelli.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      Future Peter still exists because he is now in our timeline. Had he been in his own time when the timeline was erased, he would no longer exist, but because he was in the present, he can keep going (yes, it makes your head hurt haha).
      Ok, so if he went to the Future, to which Future would he end up in? Getting confusing, eh?
      sigpic
      It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
        Ok, so if he went to the Future, to which Future would he end up in? Getting confusing, eh?
        He would end up in the now-altered-by-his-arrival Future.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I never really did before but I'm starting now to have a problem with 2 people who can control time. It made for an awesome scene in season 1 (Peter and Future Hiro in the Subway) but now it just serves to confuse things. I mean which future is the actual future? If Peter and Hiro go into the past at the same time, each alter something there, and go back at the same time, which present would each one end up in? If Hiro is in Tokyo and stops time, and Peter's in NY, does time stop for Peter too. If so I can see how this could get annoying. I picture a one pane comic strip where Peter is doing something that demands high concentration, like driving a golf ball. Then time freezes in his backswing and all you hear is "Jesus Christ Hiro. NOW? you need to stop time, now? It's like what Speedy Blondzales said to Hiro. If time is stopped here in Tokyo and you chase me to Bangkok. Will time still be frozen? I loved that! It reminded me of the part in SG-1's Wormhole Extreme where the girl from the Wormhole team asks the producers why if they are out of phase with the world, don't they fall through the floor? But I digress. I guess I just feel like they abuse time travel a bit (and this is coming from a guy who LOVES time travel) and would like it more if they used it a bit more sporadically...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            He would end up in the now-altered-by-his-arrival Future.
            it's all very "marty mcfly"
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X