No announcement yet.

I Am Become Death (304)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm gonna bail on Heroes. I was wavering after last week, but after this... yeah, I think I've had my fill. It's bad enough when a show emasculates the bad guy, but to be haphazard about it, too... Meh.

Stop going off in a million different directions and just give us something remotely coherent for a change.

Comment

for me, it has moved from the 'gotta watch' to 'eh, nothing else is on'...and that's how it's been for this season so far and last season. no competition adn no choice to make.

I do have to say, the plot is too scattered adn fragmentary. I'm tired of having to read all the time to see when we are in the timeline

IMHO, the show is falling prey to its own hype and nbc's desperation to make it seem wonderful and fantastic. basically they're hard selling it so much that the show can't live up to its own hype
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I can't take much more of this awful writing. I'm about to the point that I don't care anymore about the show.

I don't know what they were thinking with the Peter/Sylar power thing. Peter does not need Sylar's power. They both exhibit basically the same power in different forms, and Sylar's was the "evil" version. There is no point to this that I can see other than to make Peter go dark.

Ugh, if this keeps up there will be no Season 4 and at this point I wouldn't miss it if there weren't, which makes me sad.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Rumor has it that Heroes will probably be caneled this season. I just hope Chuck will remain on tb and won't shrink with Heroes.

Comment

Only thing thAt can save heroes now is the caneletion of the terminator sarah connor chronicles tjat is going to happend very soon. Prison break may also be caneled. Some vivers may come back to heroes then.

Comment

Best episode since season 1 IMO.

Comment

lol at all the people flying around the streets in future new york.

Comment

honestly, i think they need to go to nbc, say 'well, the strike cheated us out of 12 eps, give us a 12 eps season 4 and we'll wrap this puppy up and call it done'

and then write knowing the ending. this stop and start, well we/won't we is getting old
                  it makes the show uneven and you end up with the overall plot dragging then zinging along fast, then dragging again.

right now they seem obsessed with promoting gobsmack moments to attract viewers and don't quite get that we're kinda bored by them and have been burned by the 'gotta watch this' promos...then watching the show and realizing that all the good stuff was in the promo

less 'gobsmack' and more substance
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    honestly, i think they need to go to nbc, say 'well, the strike cheated us out of 12 eps, give us a 12 eps season 4 and we'll wrap this puppy up and call it done'

and then write knowing the ending. this stop and start, well we/won't we is getting old
                    it makes the show uneven and you end up with the overall plot dragging then zinging along fast, then dragging again.

right now they seem obsessed with promoting gobsmack moments to attract viewers and don't quite get that we're kinda bored by them and have been burned by the 'gotta watch this' promos...then watching the show and realizing that all the good stuff was in the promo

less 'gobsmack' and more substance
                    I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by igor108367 View Post
                      Only thing thAt can save heroes now is the caneletion of the terminator sarah connor chronicles tjat is going to happend very soon. Prison break may also be caneled. Some vivers may come back to heroes then.
                      How would that help? TSCC and Heroes do not share a time slot. TSCC comes on an hour before Heroes because I watch both shows on Monday nights. And right now I'm liking TSCC more than Heroes.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient View Post
                        Wait, so incest now?!?! No offense but I seriously doubt Tim Kring would throw incest into a show like this. Plus Claire is the way she is in the future BECAUSE Sylar brain raped her.
                        Technically, it wouldn't be incest.

Nathan is Claire's Father, and Sylar's (supposed) Brother. So to Sylar, Claire would be his Niece (him being an Uncle to her). It may depend upon various country laws, but I thought incest was direct involvment, like a brother and sister...

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient View Post
                        They couldn't be on more opposite sides in the future. Nah, that's Noah. I'd bet this week's paycheck on it...
                        That would depend upon which future you're referring too. We have several of them now.

Regardless, I have serious doubts that the young kid is Noah.
                        sigpic
                        It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
                          Technically, it wouldn't be incest.

Nathan is Claire's Father, and Sylar's (supposed) Brother. So to Sylar, Claire would be his Niece (him being an Uncle to her). It may depend upon various country laws, but I thought incest was direct involvment, like a brother and sister...
                          A 35 year old man sleeping with his teenage NIECE is absolutely 100% incest and almost statutory rape. I don't know what country laws you are referring to (maybe France since they loooooove Roman Polanski so much and his deviant actions) but in America it's absolutely illegal not to mention immoral and Tim Kring would almost definitely not include it in his show.
                          Last edited by Buddhawasanancient; 11 October 2008, 12:38 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
                            That would depend upon which future you're referring too. We have several of them now.
                            I was referring to the future we just saw in the Bennett house where Claire was holding a gun on Gabriel and Noah, screaming: "You took EVERYTHING from me!"
                            Last edited by Buddhawasanancient; 11 October 2008, 12:37 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by entil2001 View Post
                              Now, instead of letting him remain the worst of the worst, Peter’s polar opposite, the writers have saddled Sylar with this ridiculous excuse for his villainy.
                              Actually, if things are going the way I think they're going, he could still very well be Peter's polar opposite. Now Peter can use Gabriel's base ability, and obviously can't control it.

If he continues to fail to keep himself in check, he is likely going to go down the same path that Gabriel did, when he became Sylar.

So, while Sylar returns to being Gabriel, Peter takes a walk down the path to the dark side, and as such, they remain two sides of the same coin.

Personally, I like good-guy Gabe... And technically, they haven't just now saddled him with the "excuse"... The addiction was mentioned several times in season 1... On the phone message to Chandra, Sylar says "I can't control it... The hunger... You made me this way", and we see, "Forgive me" written all over the walls in his apartment. He knows it's an addiction, and he knows it's wrong, but he doesn't fight it hard enough... what reason did he really have to do so?

And the original Gabriel was still in there somewhere, since upon viewing what he thought was him destroying NYC, he runs straight to his mother, to find out why he would do such a thing. He begs her to tell him why he would do that- and even seeks her reassurance that he doesn't need to be special (a sign that he wants to break away from Sylar). It is only when she attacks him that Gabriel is no more, and Sylar comes back in full force.

Perhaps in working with Noah Bennet, and in meeting future baby-Noah's mother, Gabriel will worm his way back out of the corners of his own mind, and regain control. Obviously, he did in the future we've been shown. Whether that will continue in whatever new future they create remains to be seen, but I hope it does.

And as far as a reason for fighting the "hunger", I'd say that adorable little boy is a damn good one.... I felt so sorry for Gabe when he saw Noah dead...

Comment

Nope, sorry, I'm still tired of shows turning bad guys into good guys. Oh, I know, there's the whole "gray area" (if you'll pardon the pun) about what's good and bad and all that and yes, sometimes it's fun to explore if someone is TRULY evil or not, but taking someone depicted as nothing but a monster and then trying to make him/her seem not-so-bad... No thanks. Sometimes it's nice to have a few characters who are completely black or white. Or at least foreshadow the possibility that all isn't as black or white as it seems.

And the whole "Poor thing, it isn't his fault, it's his POWER" excuse doesn't sit well with me either. Foreshadowing doesn't help when the "answer" is stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X