No announcement yet.

The Butterfly Effect (302)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kristen Bell? Francis Capra? In the same scene...?

*sigh* I miss Veronica Mars...

Comment

1. Not sure what to make of the new Mohinder - at any level.

2. No Hiro, blaming Ando for something that you've seen happen in the future isn't a good idea.

3. Villans on the loose. There goes the secrecy.

4. Nikki/Tracy. Hmmmm...my thinking is that somehow Nikki's personality got completely overwritten + granted new powers. Question then becomes who did it?

5. Sylar is a Petrelli. Yeah right!

Getting interesting.
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        Wow, what an ending. I definitely didn't see that coming. I think this season is going to be really great.
        being i came into this whole show late, i already knew
        Spoiler:
        sylar was a third Petrelli

BUT i agree, it was a big shocker when mom told him.

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
        It was a huge surprise to me. I'm not sure if I like it though - That's like the biggest plot-twist cliche'.

Did Elle die? I don't remember what happened to her at the end of the ep.
        Nope. She just spassamed up a massive electrical blast that knocked the wind out of Sylar, but also released the others..[/quote]

And just HOW did future peter, knock past peter to being in that other guy??

Originally posted by unowhoandwhy View Post
        And, finally, what is up with Mama Petrelli?! She is one cold-hearted you-know-what, isn't she?! Was she really messing with Sylar to brainwash him or is she really his mother? I mean, he has the same dark good looks as her other children and the same dangerous dark side, only he has let his dark side out to play in a big way, unlike her two "disappointing" sons.
        She has always struck me as a psycho.. All the way since S1 when we learned it was HER manipulating Nathan into Letting NY get blown up, all to advance his career..

Originally posted by Ronja View Post
        Agreed! It's Jessica btw. Would have been nice if all paparazzis could end up like that indeed

Speaking of effects, I loved the faster then... time? effect. Really cool
        There are plenty of times i also wish Paparazzi could end up that way as well..
        And i agree, how they showed her 'pathway' as she ran off was supa cool.

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy View Post
        Harumph.

You know, I honestly have to say that I'm getting sick of the "the world's gonna end unless we do something...AGAIN!" storyline. I mean, how many alternate futures where the world blows up are we going to see?
        It makes me wonder too. But then again, maybe the future is always set to destroy earth, and every time we time mess with HOW, Fate kicks in a new version. That would also explain the whole "Heroes reborn" storyline..

Originally posted by entil2001 View Post
        Villains are always fun, and whenever a band of heroes is brought together, the bad guys follow suit. The Company’s little dungeon, a fixture since the first season, is the site of a Sylar-induced breakout, and now some of the most powerful and socially repugnant metahumans are on the street, killing and pillaging without a care.
        But as we later learn, some of them are there cause of just one mistake, that does NOT make them socially repugnant. Also who is the 'company' to decide who is and isn't a threat to society. IMO Sylar is a heck of a lot more of a threat than some of them were..

In an interesting twist, Sylar does not get away during the breakout, and Angela seems to have plans for him. Not only that, but according to her, it’s a family issue; Sylar is apparently another Petrelli brother. At this rate, the Petrellis are going to be as large and dysfunctional as the Summers family from the “X-Men” books.
        Or the Guthrie family (had sammeul, and iirc 3 other siblings who were X's)

Claire, on the other hand, is well on her way to becoming a villain. Her ability to experience pain was a touchstone, however disturbing as that might sound. She could at least pretend, on some level, that she was human. One has to wonder if Sylar did something intentionally to set Claire on her current path. Whatever the case, she’s losing perspective very, very quickly, and her descent seems assured.
        I actually liked "Future dark Clair".. Seemed nice and heartless.

Speaking of Hiro, he’s being ridiculous with Ando. Ando tosses out a few good explanations for what Hiro saw in the future, but Hiro is being rather stubborn with his own interpretation. Will it ever occur to him that his distrustful attitude might be the main reason why Ando eventually turns on him? It’s a fairly old story, after all.
        My thoughts exactly. I knew a few friends who's initial distrust in someone caused that other person to become an enemy, when had they NOT treated them that way they could have been a good friend.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        Nor will I be surprised if it turns out to have terminal side effects in some of the recipients
        Neither will i. BUT since he
        Spoiler:
        shows up in heroes reborn, he is not dead himself

I do like that Future Peter now gets to bear witness to the mess he's made. It's a shame time travelers aren't given a handbook explaining why changing the timeline is a Bad Thing. This isn't the first time something like this has happened and I doubt it'll be the last.
        Maybe that is why in heroes reborn, Hiro is SOO reluctant to 'step on butterflies..'

Anyway, I thought the rest was kinda meh although I'll be curious to see how Matt does with the Walkabout dude. I was convinced he'd been booted to Fourecks Australia and kept looking for drop bears kangaroos or something. The painting and the guy with the visions reminded me strongly of the Creator dude Rincewind met in Last Continent.
        I am also wondering, is EVERY precog, a painter and do their eyes always gloss over white??

I wonder why Future Peter trapped Pete in the body of a powered inmate but dropped Matt in the middle of Africa? And both in contemporary times? If I really wanted to make sure someone couldn't interfere I'd move them in time as well as space. Or even just time. Send Matt back to deal with the Dinosaurs of New York-to-be.
        Maybe he secretly wanted them to have a chance of returning???

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient View Post
        Another thing I noticed was when Noah was showing Claire the computer files of the Level 5 inmates you could clearly see some pretty interesting info if you pause it. It seems as if they break them down into 4 distinct categories: Biological, Cerebral, Elemental, and Temporal/Spatial. It had Knox listed as Enhanced Strength: Cerebral, Flint as Pyrokinesis: Cerebral (although I think that was a mistake and he shopuld be listed as Elemental. Fire is an element, no?), The German was listed as Magneticism: Elemental and Jesse Murphy as Sound Manipulation: Elemental. So if we applied this to the Heroes we know we'd get Hiro: Temporal/Spatial, Claire and Adam: Biological, Parkman: Cerebral, etc. I don't know, I found this new way of categorizing them, fascinating...
        I too loved that classification system, but think they could have done listing it into 5 groupings. Mental=self, Mental others, elemental, temporal/spacial and biological..
        Though i wonder, which Mica and his cousin would class as (the girl from S2 who could mimic wha she saw physically)???

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
        About those Level 5 guys. Future Peter was in Level 5. Does he now have all their powers?
        Good question, but i think there is something special about those cells, so no one's power can affect the outside, which imo would block off peter from absorbing them.

Comment

Working...
        X