The Second Coming (301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LordAnubis82 View Post
    if Nathan's speech causes problems with people who have abilities in the future then why didn't future Peter travel back in time and warn him? why kill his own brother just to stop him? i'm sure Nathan would've listened and not give the speech.
    I posed that same question. You're not alone in wondering that.

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
    Maybe it is like Doctor Who, where some events in time are 'fixed' and others are in a state of flux, and can be changed? He could only go back to that point as he couldn't go back and change anything any futher in the past?
    LOL, that's the first thing that crossed my mind too, but there's really nothing to support that, and the characters cross timelines all the time unlike in Doctor Who.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
      But then why was he all ready to kill Nathan (again) five minutes later?

I don't think so. Across the three personalities we've seen (Nikki, Jessica, Gina) we've only seen one superpower; her super strength.

The question is; is Tracy actually Nikki but doesn't know it (and if so, how is that possible?) or is she really another person entirely like she claims?
      just watched it and i don't think it is Nikki. she died in the explosion at the end of season 2.

Comment

1. OK, I'll buy Peter going back to kill Nathan.

2. I won't buy Hiro messing up such an important task though!

3. Claire survived?

4. Mohinder has some form of superstrength.

Very dark start to the show.
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Honestly when Linderman walked out I was done I turned it off and have no intention of going back.
          "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

what i don't get is, why was the whole plot of season 1 about stopping sylar killing claire only now to find out claire can never die
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

One of the Best season of this Show..This Season is interesting than second season..

Comment

Originally posted by RoK View Post
                Definitely. I was wondering who shot Nathan and all that. Though, I do wonder how Nathan came back to life.
                Spoiler:
                It seems Linderman somehow had his blood introduced into Nathan healing him. BUT now he halucinates linderman...

Originally posted by RoK View Post
                My theory about how Nathan came back to life is that Peter probably healed him. He probably absorbed Linderman's ability at some point in his life and when he kissed Nathan on the head, it brought him back to life. That's just my theory though.
                That could also be. But then again he also absorbed Clair's power which is the same as Linderman's..

Originally posted by memnarch View Post
                Great opening episode.
                snip..
                Anyway, those inconsistencies aside, this episode had some great stuff in it. Future Peter is always cool to see. And the effects during Hiro's confrontation with the speedster thief were great. Also, the camera work during the Sylar/Claire sequence had some of the coolest tricks I've seen in a while.
                I agree on it being a great opening ep.. And i also loved the Hiro - speed gal scenes...

Originally posted by entil2001 View Post
                It’s safe to say that the writers for “Heroes” had a tall order to fill coming into the third season. The second season was universally seen as a disappointment compared to the first season heights, relying more on repetition than innovation. To be honest, I only have the most vague recollection of the second season, and I have to wonder how many other fans feel the same way.
                Other than the shortness being an issue, i liked the 2nd season.. Though since i am coming into it late, perhaps i am biased.

He’s apparently not smart enough to realize that he has a lot more power than Nathan, and killing him privately would have been a lot easier than killing him publicly!
                They do love to make him a bit of a ditzy guy at times, don't they.

Conceptually, the story is very familiar, especially to comic book fans. Future Peter’s side of the storyline is very similar to the “Days of Future Past” arc of “X-Men” fame, in terms of his plan to jump into the past to prevent an apocalyptic future. It’s also very reminiscent of elements of the series “The 4400”. So it may seem fresh to some, but overly familiar to longtime genre fans.
                It does seem to be a common theme though in films/tv shows with 'super human powered individuals', where once the public knows about them, they are hunted down for 'extermination/experimentation'..

Hiro’s bizarre decision to ignore his father’s instructions, thereby making it possible for the wrong people to get their hands on that hidden half of “the formula”, is just plain silly. It was a blatant plot convenience, and even acknowledging that Hiro is often cast as the comic relief, I can’t believe he’d be that stupid.
                Exactly. Had Hiro just followed dad's orders, none of that formula would be out.
                BUT then again, if the powers that be realized how nasty it could get, if it was remade, why didn't they destroy it in the first place.. Much like last seasons issue with that virus.

The revelation regarding Ando is a lot more interesting, because it’s not necessarily what it seems. Everything in that glimpse of the future is designed to make Ando look evil for wanting the formula. But who’s to say that Hiro isn’t the one who goes rogue in the future? An awful lot of context is missing. One thing, however, seems clear: those without powers in the first two seasons don’t look to stay that way for long.
                It was cool though seeing Ando finally have them. But i agree, Hiro just saw it, not hear it so WHY it was happening that way was taken way out of context.

That said, Mohinder’s decision to inject himself with the adrenaline-laced version of the metahuman serum (promicin, anyone?) was reckless, to say the least
                Well, as Ms Pertrelli and later on that doc who 'imprinted powers onto others' said, we wanted to be better than god, so did it, feeling we were right..

One might argue that even had Nathan died, Hiro would have still released the formula and Mohinder would still have created the metahuman serum. Had Future Peter successfully killed Nathan, would it have been even more of a disaster? Given the endless warnings of Earth-shattering peril, maybe not so much!
                Yup. Heck, did he even KNOW about the formula prior to a later ep?

Sylar was billed as the ultimate villain in the first season, and his return was portentous in the second. How ironic that “saving the cheerleader”, the stated goal of the first season, is rendered completely moot in the third season premiere? Way to undercut your best season, folks! We finally get confirmation that Sylar is not, in fact, eating brains, but rather studying how the metahuman brains work (something I’ve been saying for quite some time). I’m actually more interested in the revelation that the Bennetts have a super-secure kitchen pantry. Sylar’s telekinetic powers were no match for those wooden slats!
                I agree. And later on
                Spoiler:
                seeing him partners with Noah, just made me giggle my butt off.

As o the kitchen, maybe that was just Syler toying with Claire?

What if the Petrellis are descendants of Adam Monroe? In fact, what if all the metahumans can trace their abilities back to Adam?
                But if that's the case, why doesn't everyone have super healing?

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                That also raises the question: If someone is artificially given powers, does it alter their brain in such a way that Siler could take their power? Or will he discover that he can't? Likewise, could it be possible that Peter can't absorb powers that are "artificially" created? I suppose it depends on just what Mohinder's injection does to a person. And what happens if someone with a power receives an injection? Will it do nothing, or give them a second power, or intensify their power, or cause them to go crazy haywire, or perhaps just kill them?
                IMO
                Someone given powers brain altered so syler can't steal them?? Unknown but i lean to no.
                Peter couldn't absorb them? If that's the case how then did he copy Nathan's
                Spoiler:
                as we later learn nathan was Given his powers, he doesn't naturally have them

On what happens if it's injected into someone with powers.. IMO nasty mutation!

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                what i don't get is, why was the whole plot of season 1 about stopping sylar killing claire only now to find out claire can never die
                IMO it wasn't about stopping Sylar killing her, but stealing her powers, so HE couldn't get killed.

Comment

Working...
                X