This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ba'al's fail safe device

would that still be there? And if so, what would happen if some other goauld found it and decided to play with the timeline. that wouldnt be good!!
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
    would that still be there? And if so, what would happen if some other goauld found it and decided to play with the timeline. that wouldnt be good!!
    I suspect it got blown to smithereens when Teal'c dropped the bomb, no pun intended.
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
      I suspect it got blown to smithereens when Teal'c dropped the bomb, no pun intended.
      That was in the alternate timeline.

Comment

the only person we know of that knows the location of that machine is Ba'al.
        if you see a light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a photon torpedo.

Comment

And Ba'al and all other Goa'ulds are dead, so nothing to worry about.

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis10545 View Post
            And Ba'al and all other Goa'ulds are dead, so nothing to worry about.
            All Goa'uld are not dead, just all system lords and those with any kind of power.
            Minor Goa'uld still exist though they will most likely be extinct soon enough unless they are good at hiding or fitting in with a crowd.
            Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
            Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Ba'al's host would know where it is.
              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

The device would only exist depending on Baal's actions once he went back.

Continuum never explains when the device was created. If he went back in time and created the device before he went to Earth (which ultimately lead to his death) then the device would not exist because he would have been killed by Mitchell before it could be done.

If he created it and then went to Earth, it should still exist. Given the amount of time and potential resources it would have taken to create a galaxy wide network to monitor solar flares, I don't think he would have created the device.

The best thing to do would go back, then destroy/lose the Earth gate so you can continue your plans without any involvement of Earth and then focus on taking over the System Lords.

Doing the network shouldn't have been that big of a problem in 2008 because the Goa'uld were defeated but you go back 70 years with the Goa'uld controlling all their old territory and then you have something to worry about because you can't go around invading Goa'uld territory and expect to get away with dropping sensors near suns. With no Goa'uld around, former stockpiles and resources along with other Goa'uld technology could have still been out there waiting to be used. in 2008 Baal could take what he needs, from where ever he needs with no one around to stop him, discover him or even know what he's doing. But go back 70 years and it's a whole new situation.

--

Although I guess the device could be created again since there has to be 1 Baal, the original Baal still alive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                  Its still there, and unless he killed his servants that built it someone knows about its existance. Its worth mentioning tho that the designers of the pyramids in egypt were often entombed when they finished, so its open to interpetitation.

I dont know how useful a time machine it is tho when u cant return, and youre limited to worlds that had a accessible stargate at that point in time.

You could go thru and meet the ancients at the heigth of their civilization, but ud be stuck there in prehuman history. ..... You know that might make a good spinoff show.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                    Although I guess the device could be created again since there has to be 1 Baal, the original Baal still alive.
                    I dont think so. It was the original Ba'al that was shot dead by Cam at the end of Continuum?
                    Islanded In A Stream Of Stars...

Cavil - The Artist Formerly Known As Crais

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crais View Post
                      I dont think so. It was the original Ba'al that was shot dead by Cam at the end of Continuum?
                      Stargate has been fairly consistent with the fact that anything done in the past will always have an effect in the future.

So in order for all of SG1 to remain unchanged, Baal would have had to do everything in the past as a secret. He couldn't reveal himself to his younger version, couldn't kill him, take over his position or anything like that because all of the events in SG1 would change because of this influence.

This means that Baal couldn't have created the device in secret before he took control from his younger self because he couldn't do it in secret using Jaffa loyal to his younger self. So it leaves open the possibility that Baal could have done something to his younger self when he took control, but couldn't kill him so he could be alive but considering Baal would have to be retconned out of SG1 someone had to have revived him or something in order for the timeline to play out.

I doubt there is another Baal as it makes sense that Mitchell killed Baal before he had the chance to do anything to the timeline.

sigpic

Comment

It still their.

Mitchell who went back into the past, probably left a way for the team to find the device and well used it to their needs or destroy it.
                        Last edited by knowles2; 28 September 2008, 04:55 AM.

Comment

hmmmmmmmm. i hope we dont hear bout it again they do enough same storytelling with atlantis

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                            I dont know how useful a time machine it is tho when u cant return, and youre limited to worlds that had a accessible stargate at that point in time.
                            That's why it was Ba'al's Failsafe. In the event that the last of the clones is killed, Ba'al figures he's got nothing to lose with a one way trip into the past.

Plus once there, he obviously rebuilt it before getting Quetesh and Teal'c close to him, so wherever the technology came from, Ba'al had enough understanding if to recreate it.

EDIT: And to answer the original question, yes it is still there. From the point of view of SG-1 at the end of the film, Ba'al (the original, not the clone) went back in time and was killed by Alternate-Mitchell. So the facility and satellites are still where he left them. But no Tau'ri knows where they are.
                            Son, do you know what colour this phone is?
                            - General Hammond

Comment

Except the time-displaced Cam.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                              X