Spider-Man 2 on DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider-Man 2 on DVD

Spider-Man 2 is released on DVD (in Australia atleast) tomorrow. Anyone going to get it? I probably will buy Spider-Man 2. I know Sam Raimi said there's a Special Edition coming in six months. Spider-Man's one of those movies I just get for the movie and not the extra features. Plus the initial DVD release will have plenty of extra features as well.

I'll probably get it, but I'll wait alittle while. Once the dvd has been in circulation for awhile, Amazon's Marketplace gets some real good prices, plus the local video store will start selling extra renters once the initial rush subsides.
    Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
    O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
    O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

I got someone to pick it up for me yesterday. Good price as well. I haven't had a chance to watch anything yet. The family's DVD player is in the shop until Friday, but I plan on watching the Special Features today on a DVD-Rom computer.

Comment

I'll wait for the expanded edition due out around May.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I read that Sam Raimi's perfectly happy with the final cut of the movie, he's only added additional CGI scenes and etc because Sony/Columbia Tristar wanted him to. I was happy with the version we saw in the cinema, and I don't buy the Spider-Man movies for the Special Features so I'm pretty damn happy to get the two disc collectors edition that was released yesterday.

Comment

I read he wasn't happy about the final cut. He said he liked it alot, but that it could be better. he was given the chance and the budget to make the corrections as he saw fit, and he did it. The expanded edition will have like 20 more minutes of film. 20!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

I read the opposite... He said he couldn't have made a better cut.

I've been watching the extra features and they're pretty good and entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
                I read the opposite... He said he couldn't have made a better cut.

I've been watching the extra features and they're pretty good and entertaining.
                Really? SSH reported what I posted. Odd. Maybe I remebered it wrong. Was back in 09 when he came out with the expanded release talks. Also, glad you're enjoying the extras.

Does it contain 'Making the Game: Spiderman II'?

Comment

It's got something about the game but I haven't watched it yet... It could just be the trailer or something. The extra features are better then the original movies DVD, I think. I was worried that they were going to focus too much on the visual effects, but they pretty much cover almost every aspect of it's production.

I read pretty recently on two sites that Raimi couldn't have made a better cut. I don't think the extended scenes are going to be that long as well...

Comment

He said between 12 ad 15 seconds per act. So I don't know. It should be good though.

Comment

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what has been added. I'm glad I've got the theatrical cut, though. Dawn of the Dead was only released on DVD in Australia as the Director's Cut. It's still a decent movie, but I would have liked to get the theatrical cut that I saw in the cinemas.

Comment

I never really felt it was as good as the first one.
                        Better villain, sure, but it felt a little protracted.

Was good as a continuation, though, which is how I think it's meant to be taken i.e. as a trilogy.

Mind you, anyone else hear that Singer is off X-Men 3? He's doing superman instead, apparently....

Good guy, Bad guy.....
                        I'm the one with the gun.

Comment

Actually, I thought it was alot better.

Also, yes, Singer IS doing Superman: The Return (Working title.). Right now FOX is working on making X3 and Weapon X.

Comment

D'oh!

As long as they don't screw up the "Weapon X" backstory and perhaps throw a couple of the Weapon X's into the mix, it should be fine.

I'm still hoping the Sentinels are in X3..fingers crossed.

Good guy, Bad guy.....
                            I'm the one with the gun.

Comment

I don't know how they would include them, other than in a cameo, such as in a news report or in a shot of the blue prints. X3 is going to revolve around the dark phionex saga.

Comment

Working...
                              X