Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate: Extinction" (SGA Movie) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: Extinction" (SGA Movie) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

According to recent news there's a 2 hour Atlantis movie in the works. Thoughts? Expectations?

Discuss.

Include Ford.

Comment

i'm kind of glad that atlantis has been cancelled. i loved the first two seasons, third was okay, and from the fourth season i just started loosing interest. what made me lose my interest is that atlantis has no main storyline. didnt like the way they got rid of weir and bought in carter, and then woolsey. whatever it is they're planning hope the writers can do something to fix it.

Comment

I agree (that I no longer have need to watch the SCI FI channel.) I have been watching eureka, but now I'm mad enough to boycott the SCI FI channel all together! What is it with them?? And no offense to the producers, but I could give a dang about Stargate Universe now that they are canceling Atlantis in favor of it! I'd rather have Atlantis! What is wrong with these people??? Didn't Atlantis get favorite Sci Fi show at the People's Choice Awards???
        &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Elizabeth and Carson in it. Plz.
          sigpic
          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Don't include a movie. Simple. The concept of a movie is horrible for SG. It brings shame on the concept of SGA.

MGM excutives are on drugs

Comment

Maybe you are the one on drugs. Have you seen how well the two SG1 movies did?

Shocking news about the cancellation.
              but Bring on the Atlantis movie!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post
                Don't include a movie. Simple. The concept of a movie is horrible for SG. It brings shame on the concept of SGA.

What's your reasoning?

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post

How's that? It began as a movie...

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I don't mind the idea of an Atlantis movie, but I thought that it would be years away (hopefully 5 more!) I just read that one of the writers or producers was saying it was too expensive to film in Canada, or to film period. So move the show! And aren't they talking about Stargate Universe the series? Won't that be just as expensive to film?? And they are leaving Season 5 on a total cliff hanger. Why? They are going about this all wrong.
                    &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

yeah lol. SG began as a movie...

and sga needs a movie finish... i mean... cliff hanger!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dezrai View Post
                        I don't mind the idea of an Atlantis movie, but I thought that it would be years away (hopefully 5 more!) I just read that one of the writers or producers was saying it was too expensive to film in Canada, or to film period. So move the show!
                        To where?

And aren't they talking about Stargate Universe the series? Won't that be just as expensive to film??
                        Every season costs more than the last due to actor wage rises, so season 1 of a new show will always be cheaper than season 6.

And they are leaving Season 5 on a total cliff hanger. Why? They are going about this all wrong.
                        Because the scripts were written, and locations booked, long before they knew they'd been canceled.

Comment

In the article he said that it was more expensive to film there. I understand that most of the actors are Canadian, but Joe Flanigan isn't. Why don't they move it to the US if it is cheaper?
                          &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

I'm expecting another miraculous magical superweapon, like ark or grail...
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Also, how do they know that a new series will draw the crowd of the old series? Even if it is cheaper to make a season 1 than a season 6, if it doesn't draw the crowd...
                              &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Working...
                              X