Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this what we deserve after 5 years? A love triangle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last season when the Triangle was first brought up on JM's blog I was dreading this season. Not one to ship any Het pairing, prefering my Mcshep I was expecting it to be a lot more front and centre.

However as the season has progreesed I think Tracker is the first hint at a love triangle and thats almost half way through the season. The writing of the first half actualy brought me into the McKeller pairing and ive enjoyed there interaction ever since.

The only true concern I have over the triangle, is that either Ronon or Rodney will come out hurt. That is something I dont want to see, even though im hoping for Rodney to get the girl. The last scene im still jittery about. Not sure what was up with Ronon in that scene and im not sure I like to think of him as, so arrogant that he would smirk at Rodney like that or that he would tease him over something which is obviousley so important to him.

I guess, for me personaly, I will have to wait to see how the triangle shapes up now that its out there. If it does make Rodney look bad or Ronon look bad then I will be disappointed, though in truth if it ends up McKeller ill be singing from the rooftops

Oh right my point, I was a staunch no to all ship now im a firm yes to mckeller, so as far as im concerned the love triangle has worked for me, so far. I reserve the right to come back and blast the hell out of it if my ship sinks - its the right of all fans to be selfish about what they want to see in the show, it doesnt however mean that you will actualy get it. Mcshep will not happen on screen ((pouts at the thought of the joint hotness and woobieness that could have been achieved there)) which I am content to live with.
    sigpic
    banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
      I post an earnest, laudatory and completely innocent appraisal of your french-speaking skills and that's all the thanks I get ? sigh...women...

and if you must know : no of course not, the rest of whatever it is you said also stuck with me - obviously - but for brevity's sake I only commented on the last part, you know what they say, lasting impressions etc.
      Ah, okay. Well, that's alright then. You're forgiven.

we have a wonderful episode with action & wraith & new tech & spaceships all about the screen, and the new guy is what sticks with you ? sigh...women ²
      I'm sorry. Circuits just don't do it for me in the way that an attractive flesh-and-blood male specimen does it for me.

If it helps redeem women in your view, he looked at his hottest when doing "action"-ful things. Like killing those Wraith you mentioned.

See? I do appreciate the action and the Wraith.....in my own unique way.
      Last edited by Pandora's_Box; 23 September 2008, 01:35 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box
        If it helps redeem women in your view, he looked at his hottest when doing "action"-ful things. Like killing those Wraith you mentioned.

See? I do appreciate the action and the Wraith.....in my own unique way.
        I'm good :|

btw I also appreciated the new runner - a lot
        Spoiler:
        especially the part where he left through the stargate
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
          I'm good :|
          I will refrain...

btw I also appreciated the new runner - a lot
          Spoiler:
          especially the part where he left through the stargate
          Spoiler:

Suckage. That's the part I hated the most.

I was sort of hoping we could keep him.
          sigpic

Comment

stclare, hun? I completely agree.

I'm not nearly so indiscriminant in my love for McKeller that I would take it regardless of any character butchery.

If they destroy the characters to create the 'ship then I wash my hands of it. And I'll use my clean hands to strangle TPTB.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box
              Suckage. That's the part I hated the most.
              I kinda guessed that

I was sort of hoping we could keep him.
              let's consider the odds...6 wraith + 2 darts + personal teleporter K.O...

...yup nothing that the writers can't handle, I say
              we've had worse in the way of suspension of disbelief in the past, so there's still hope for runner boy

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                FAII, you seem to be functioning under the impression that everything I say is a deliberate attack against you and your opinions. It's really not. You have yours and you're welcome to them. You like expressing them. That's more than fine as well. I have no problem with debate or discussion even when it becomes more impassioned than the subject matter would typically dictate. If someone feels passionately enough about something, than they should express that. As you've done.
                No, I'm not. I don't take offense to you just disagreeing with me.

What I do take offense at is, however, you blatantly not reading through my posts or you you just blatantly ignoring parts of them despite having read them just to be able to "refute" them, as your last post shows.

Either you ignored huge chunks of it or you skimmed it and missed tons of important stuff or you just conveniently "forgot" about parts of it. All of these show disrespect.

But you know what? There are significantly better ways of doing it than the method you employed in your previous post. The post which I won't even bother quoting as it doesn't deserve the distinction.
                Oh, because I refuted your very bad arguments with no basis in reality, be it in the episode or the stuff you claimed I said so you could either "refute" me or paint me in a bad light?

I'll show you the same courtesy you just showed me, I shall not read the remainder of this post unless you go back, re-read my post and reply to it, because the only reason why it got heated was because you blatantly disrespected me by either ignoring parts of my post while replying to other parts of it (the ones you could "refute" to make me look bad or whatever) or you read it all and chose to consciously misrepresent what I was saying + throw in a few lies.

If you hadn't, I would've stayed perfectly civil. I turned it up a notch because you "started it". And what I did wasn't even that bad. I just bolded a few lines to outline just how absurd I found some of the things that came out of your keyboard to be.

Like how "subtle" it was. Really?

It's really not that bad or that blatant. One scene in the beginning, one scene at the end. The rest is Rodney and Ronon tracking Jen and her captor through the woods.
                "Size does not matter, it's how you use it..."
                (The amount of shipping does not matter, it's how it is done)

Personally, I thought it was nicely done and didn't break with the character continuity of either Rodney or Ronon. Obviously, that may not be saying much if you don't see either character as available for 'shipping, but mileage does vary.
                Then again, you also think it was "subtle".

So Shep is in love with......Rodney?
                Funnily enough, that is what came to mind when John seemed irked at Rodney having an interest in Jennifer.

Comment

Then it is my duty to inform you that in my humble opinion your speculation is absurd
                  uh huh and You LIKE mckay...enuff said!

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                  I can honestly live without a love triangle. The last one I had to endure was even a love square (Lee-Dee-Kara-Anders) and it left a very foul taste in my mouth.
                  *shudders* don't remind me! (I admit I wanted to airlock lee & kara and see anders and dee live happily ever after )
                  Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                  I agree with this and I think that's why Ronon took advantage of it to mess with Rodney at the end of the episode.
                  WOW someone agreed! well sorta!
                  Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                  Oh i'm a shipper...But it's Shep/Teyla i ship

I could always watch it to ogle.....um i mean compare runner tactics between Ronon and the new runner guy

No one should change for anyone....Ok did that make sense People should like you for who you are...You shouldn'r have to change for anyone
                  Oh the new runner guy....has anyone started a new thunk thread for him, he was definintely drool-worthy! defintiely worth watching! (with a shirt or without, coming or going....)

Comment

Is this what they're planning for SGU as the TPtb's means of "character-driven" storylines. It has some potential. I mean in the 15 years combine SG1 and SGA we have never had anything near that.

Anyway I get the feeling that Ronnon was smiling in the end. Either he was pulling Rodney's leg or he knows he is a little ahead of Rodney now.
                    Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

I vote for, he knows he's a little ahead of Rodney. Carl Binder said himself that 'perhaps he thinks this won’t be much of a competition'.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thinks being the key word. I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell she'll end up with Ronon, that just wouldn't work. There's more chance of a Keller/McKay relationship, but I think even that is unlikely. I think the chances are neither of them will end up with her, but if one of them does it has to be Rodney.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          Thinks being the key word. I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell she'll end up with Ronon, that just wouldn't work. There's more chance of a Keller/McKay relationship, but I think even that is unlikely. I think the chances are neither of them will end up with her, but if one of them does it has to be Rodney.
                          Why is it unlikely? You know how the PtB love to Alternate Timeline/Universe ship the ships they like the most.

And since McKeller came to fruition in an alternate timeline (albeit under different circumstances) and now we're getting a massive amount of hints towards it in our!Timeline, chances are pretty good it'll come to pass.

Comment

I love the idea of a relationship- it's normalcy and is just a natural thing to happen to the characters- I hope it's done right. Am I happy about the triangle? Ehh... it's OK, makes it interesting but would rather them just develop (on the sidelines) a true relationship and not a one shot, sleep with her and be done with it...

I love SGA but sometimes I have to laugh. Here's how the episode goes... it's like the generic plot structure of a SGA episode. Start off happy, something goes wrong, McCay panics, whines about always have to save the day, Ronon uses his gun, someone does something heroic, all is happy or almost all happy in the end. OR... throw in some irritating gov. official to make the SGA characters look incompetent.

So... in my opinion, I like the idea of developing a relationship off on the side. It adds depth to the characters and to the show. It's not like the writers are turning it into a soap opera...

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Menage

Comment

Working...
                              X