This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Real Atlantis Found

I didnt know where to put this but I guess it relates to Stargate in some way That last paragraph really speaks for itself .. ehh?

I got this from my local newspaper, NY Post - New York City, NY, USA.

---

"I've Found Atlantis"

Atlantis has surfaced, an American scientist said yesterday.

Deep-sea explorer Robert Sarmast said his team discovered the famed lost continent earlier this month in mile-deep Mediterranean waters between Cyprus and Syria.

"We have definately found it," Sarmast said.

"We cannot yet provide tangible proof in the form of bricks and mortar, as the artifacts are still buried under several meters of sediment, but the circumstantial and other evidence is irrefutable."

Sarmast said his team used sonar scanning to uncover remarkable, submerged, manmade structures, including a 2-mile-long wall and deep trenches.

Critics say the tail of Atlantis is pure fiction.

But others have spent years trying to prove its existence, fueled by the writings of ancient Greek philosopher Plato, who described it as an island with an advanced civilization that mysteriously disspeared 11,500 years ago.

---

LOL wow I thought you were making this up, but then I found it online. If anyone wants to see the link, here it is.
    http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3759015
    From the Cartoon Network show
    "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"

[Oglethorpe has built a copy of the Stargate]
    Emory: Isn't that the Starga—

Oglethorpe: NO! It is the FARGATE! It is not some other kind of gate from a movie or TV show that I've never seen! Notice that it has a wheelchair and a pink mohawk? We're not getting sued!

Emory: But it—

Oglethorpe: No, it is a Fargate! From the makers of Thindependence Day!

Comment

Why would I make it up - pretty interesting but my article makes it more connected to sg because of that last line

Comment

Might want to check this thread out.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=5906

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Jeez don't these people know anything??

Atlantis is in the PEGASUS GALAXY!

Jeez...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

They'll keep saying that until the real Atlanteans pop out of the hollow Earth and go "You missed! " and then run back inside.

Comment

You wouldn't believe how many researchers and scientists have claimed to have found the lost continent of Atlantis.
              It definately has taken on a life of it's own, but I really would like too see it for myself.
              Because some scientists even believe that it was originally Atarctica...GRRR.
              I wish they would get more evidence before making an ass of themselves, with such dubious claims...
              Besides isn't the city in the Pegasus galaxy now? LOL
              THERE ARE THINGS KNOWN...
              AND THINGS UNKNOWN...
              AND IN BETWEEN...LIES THE STARGATE

Comment

Forgive me if I'm a little skeptical, but I'm gonna wanna wait until FOX news says that we've found it. Until then, it sounds like a conspiracy theorist's report. I'm not dissing anyone, no offense toward anyone. This is just my own personal opinion. Like Clark just said (sorry Kal) a lot of people have claimed and had their claims lost. So, I'd rather wait to see if it's true or not.
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I read an article in a newspaper - The Times i think.

It's teh 47th (or some number like that) time that atlantis has been "discovered" in modern times

Speaks for itself really...

Let's wait till ppl actually go down to these atlantis and do lots of archeology eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Col_Lake

It's teh 47th (or some number like that) time that atlantis has been "discovered" in modern times

Let's wait till ppl actually go down to these atlantis and do lots of archeology eh?
                    Too true...

Although, I would really prefer for it to stay lost. It's more fun that way

Not to mention it would ruin SGA...
                    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by Col_Lake

But that will make the problem even bigger.
                      I mean, only one can be Atlantis...so then we'd probably be stuck with 46 mystery sites.
                      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Witch one is the real Atlantis? If there are so many times that it has been found witch one is it?
                        Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                          Witch one is the real Atlantis? If there are so many times that it has been found witch one is it?
                          That's the problem, we don't know that.
                          sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Fair enough, someones found a man made thing under the water, but I was watching TV a couple of weeks ago and saw a programme where they found some city under the sea just off a Chinese Island. Maybe its just another city.

Its quite interesting really, but because of the rising sea level lots of ancient cities have probably gone under.

I was also looking on the net and found a website which explains how Atlantis could be in the Bermuda Triangle. Cant remember the website, but when I find it Ill let you know the address

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
                              But that will make the problem even bigger.
                              I mean, only one can be Atlantis...so then we'd probably be stuck with 46 mystery sites.
                              Correct, but Atlantis could have split because of the continent plates or whatever they are called. This could mean there are actually a couple of Atlantis' but read my post above

Comment

Working...
                              X