This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Teams formed!? SG1 Season 9 Atlantis Season 2

With the return of Stargate SG-1 for a 9th season, and Atlantis for a 2nd, I would like to see some different characters used more often. I don’t know if anyone else feels this way, but I would like to see some different teams on off world missions. Possibly even, some formations of new teams.
    Before I catch brimstone and fire from fans saying, “duh, the title is SG-1!” I agree, but with the actors such as Richard and Amanda having more personal aspects to deal with in their lives, this means less screen time, or chance of the team being together as a whole. Plus, it has been more than clear that SG-1 is no longer an exploratory unit, they have graduated past that. But it is the exploring that is at the heart of the SG-1 mythos.

So without further ado here are the teams I’d like to see formed or shown more of. Note I have indicated by some people Brains or Muscle, b/c that seems to be the 50/50 ratio used for most teams. Also, I would like to see what other teams people would like to see formed.

Possible Spoilers for Atlantis 1x11 and other past episodes.

SG1
    New Team

Sarah Gardner (Anna-Louise Plowman) (aka Osiris) – This is the most under used, but best character in the series. What can I say she is a female Daniel Jackson! More airtime for her would possibly see Daniel settling down. She has knowledge of the Goa’uld, first hand at that, and she is as much of an archeologist as Daniel! Plus, there is no briefing here, she has all the knowledge about SG1 and the stargate. (Brains)

Jonas- Before I catch Brimstone, let me just say he is an established character. First I would make his character a little more darker, more serious, not so happy go lucky. This I feel would improve the character as a whole. In a lot of ways he is a Daniel + Sam, so he would probably pick up the slack of a Sam on this team. (brains).

Major Paul Davis – We have seen him in fire fights before, and he does take such a commanding role in the episodes he is in that it would be interesting to see how he commands his own SG team. He has also been off world before on missions. Note though, lose the mustache that is in the coming episode. (muscle)

Alec Colson (Charles Shaughnessy) – Last seen in episode 8x08, the fugitive ex-billionaire has nothing better to do with his time... Living off world now... He is a great pilot and seems to have a pretty thorough knowledge of technology. Just lose the Nanny gey hair spot and, we’re golden.. (Brains/muscle)

Return

SG-13 (From Heroes)- an excellent team! The banter between them is awesome. Although, their fate is unknown after the Heroes story line, I would really like to see more of them. Team consists of Colonel Dave Dixon., Balinsky, Senior Airman Wells, and Bosworth

Atlantis

New Team
    *****SPOILERS [for Atlantis's "The Eye"]*****
    Sora (Erin Chambers) – Let me just say I like her character a lot, A Genni out to avenge her father,
    Spoiler:
    having a change of heart and helping pull Dr. Beckett to safety and being left in Atlantis’ holding cell at the end of Atlantis 1x11, Sora is left to make choices.
    I’d like her to become part of a team on the Atlantis side. Her expertise on the Genni would be more than useful! (Muscle – she was a special ops person for the Genni)

Dr. Beckett (Paul McGillion) - Currently listed as a guest star amongst the cast, his expertise and quarky personality would really add to the formation of a pretty good team. (Brains)

Peter Grodin (Craig Veroni) – Let me just say, probably the most underdeveloped character in the series. He is really cool, and I like his British accent a lot too. He seems rather intelligent, and knowledgeable about Ancient weaponry. I would hate to see him become just another Siler. (Brains or Muscle)

Sergeant Bates - Last seen after being freed from the Wraith’s grasp, he would lead the team, although he is a by the book military guy, his character could be developed more to show different aspects of his personality. Possibly a softer or side, or a stoic side. (muscle)
    Last edited by Darren; 15 November 2004, 05:51 PM.
    From the Cartoon Network show
    "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"

[Oglethorpe has built a copy of the Stargate]
    Emory: Isn't that the Starga—

Oglethorpe: NO! It is the FARGATE! It is not some other kind of gate from a movie or TV show that I've never seen! Notice that it has a wheelchair and a pink mohawk? We're not getting sued!

Emory: But it—

Oglethorpe: No, it is a Fargate! From the makers of Thindependence Day!

Who said Amanda Tapping would have a reduced schedule. It's all speculation.
    Seriously, I'm sure they will shoot her scenes later or whatever... and Amanda herself wants to go on for season 9.

BUT I want Sarah Gardner & Jonas Quinn in SG-1!

Comment

Yes I know its just speculation, but once she sees that little bundle of joy, I can't imagine her to be to thrilled about going back to work. Plus, it just says they have renewed the show, who knows if she will come back at all!?

Now here is another small question, has anyone notice in the last two seasons there has been little focus on Daniel's personal life, he seems to have no one outside the SGC. All the other cast members are leaning towards emotional attachments with others.
      "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"

Oglethorpe: NO! It is the FARGATE! It is not some other kind of gate from a movie or TV show that I've never seen! Notice that it has a wheelchair and a pink mohawk? We're not getting sued!

Comment

I think they should make Dr. Beckett a permanent character instead of a recurring character.

Comment

I agree, looking back I begin to wish they would have made Frasier a more solid character, instead of a reoccuring one. She is probably one off the characters I miss most of all!
          "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"

Comment

I definetly have to agree with using Peter and Sarah more.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Karterius
              Now here is another small question, has anyone notice in the last two seasons there has been little focus on Daniel's personal life, he seems to have no one outside the SGC. All the other cast members are leaning towards emotional attachments with others.
              Yes, I've noticed that. I have mixed feelings about the personal life side stories myself, but I don't mind a little bit of it, and I think that if they go into that area with any of the cast members in Season 9, it should definitely be Daniel. We know next to nothing about his life outside the SGC, while we got lots of information about Carter's and Teal'c's.

If they do explore his life outside the SGC (and personally I'd like to see it), I hope it's used judiciously, keeping the focus on scifi and the mythology of the show. I wasn't wild about the way the story about a character's personal life overtook the mythology in Chimera, and I wouldn't want the same thing with Daniel. But just a little bit of his personal life? Yep, I'd like to see it. I'm curious about what he does and who he does it with. Attend lectures about Ancient Mesopotamia? Hang around museums? Eat popcorn and watch the History Channel? Inquiring minds want to know! (At least this one does).

As far as adding Sarah to the team, I really don't see it. She's a female Daniel, y'know? But I do agree adding another character is a good idea.

Edited because I just realized my original post was chockfull o' spoilers. Mea culpa.
              Last edited by Jonisa; 16 November 2004, 01:07 AM.

Comment

I think they should definitely bring Sarah back for Season 9, but I don't know if she should actually be on a team. For some reason I can't see her on a team, maybe staying back at the base?
                Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

I'd like to see Sarah Gardner again as well, back on base. As for showing more of Daniel's life/character, I'm all for it. Daniel's awesome, and is quite possibly one of the most fascinating characters developed for a sci-fi show. But as for Daniel not being shown in a romantic relationship really, I find that slightly understandable. Chances are, TPTB were giving the character some time to preserve the sanctity of the Daniel/Sha're relationship, which is certainly one of the most heartfelt and compelling relationships on all of Stargate. Maybe it is time for Daniel as a character to move on, maybe not. But...

Spoiler:
                  He looks pretty friendly with Claudia Black in some of these upcoming promo pics...

Anyways, there is great potential for all of the characters in Season 9, provided the storylines are handled carefully. I adore Sam, but what the heck was "Chimera?" I adore Teal'c, and I will confess that I haven't actually seen his season 8 character episodes as I don't have cable access anymore, and I adore Daniel, but I don't ever want to see another "Icon."

A new team altogether wouldn't really jive with me, SG-1 wise. But adding on a fourth member to the team would be very good. SG-teams just don't really strike me as feeling right with just 3 people. A fourth character to add on with personality, background, etc. might be just what SG-1 needs to get a little more zing into the show.

Comment

I will add my two cents here...I do agree that SG1 needs a bit of new blood...BUT I think it needs to be in the writing staff as well as the characters. IMO there needs to be a few fresh ideas as well even if they plan on *tying up loose ends*

Of course I wouldn't mind seeing a few well liked characters come back for MORE than a few episodes, such as Sarah Gardner, Jonas Quinn, Major Davis, The whole team from Heros with Adam Baldwin in the lead

The one character I REALLY want to see a WHOLE LOT MORE OF..... the BIG ROUND SPINNY THING and people going through it !!!

Everyone who knows me knows I am a shipper so that needs not be discussed I do want to see MORE action, MORE adventure and just MORE Sci-Fi stuff

I don't think it is a bad thing to bring in a few fresh writers and fresh outlooks on some of the older storylines. But again that is just my HO
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      I will add my two cents here...I do agree that SG1 needs a bit of new blood...BUT I think it needs to be in the writing staff as well as the characters. IMO there needs to be a few fresh ideas as well even if they plan on *tying up loose ends*

Of course I wouldn't mind seeing a few well liked characters come back for MORE than a few episodes, such as Sarah Gardner, Jonas Quinn, Major Davis, The whole team from Heros with Adam Baldwin in the lead

The one character I REALLY want to see a WHOLE LOT MORE OF..... the BIG ROUND SPINNY THING and people going through it !!!

Everyone who knows me knows I am a shipper so that needs not be discussed I do want to see MORE action, MORE adventure and just MORE Sci-Fi stuff

I don't think it is a bad thing to bring in a few fresh writers and fresh outlooks on some of the older storylines. But again that is just my HO
                      I agree with TameFarrar.
                      Maybe they will show Daniel and Teal'c, both together and individually, with other teams from SGC. Especially while AT recovers from having her child. That would be interesting to see them with other SG teams.

Comment

Though while most of this might be wishful thinking, I like your lineup for SG:A.

Let's correct a few things first.

Sergeant Bates was seen again in "Suspicion", promoted to chief of security for Atlantis. Thus making his importance within the city/on the mainland needed, moreso than offworld.

As for Sora, I won't spoil what I want to happen to her.
                        Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Karterius
                          SG1
                          Sarah Gardner (Anna-Louise Plowman) (aka Osiris)
                          Jonas (brains).
                          Major Paul Davis
                          Alec Colson (Charles Shaughnessy)
                          SG-13 (From Heroes)- Team consists of Colonel Dave Dixon., Balinsky, Senior Airman Wells, and Bosworth
                          Sarah - I would LOVE to know more about her life now but I see her as more of a recurring character involved in special assignments. Anna-Louise Plowman lives in England with her family so she might not want to move to Canada for half the year to be a regular on the show anyway.

Jonas - Not going to happen I'm afraid.

Major Paul Davis - Hmm....not sure how I feel about this. I like cutie-pie and he plays well with the others. I'd be willing to give him a test-drive. I think he'd be a safe addition to the cast, just maybe not a GREAT one.

Alec Colson (Charles Shaughnessy) - Nope. I've liked Charles Shaughnessy in other shows but didn't care much for Colson.

SG-13 - I liked all of them but LOVED Dave Dixon. He can come back anytime. Don't know how they'd work him in but if Daniel and Teal'c need to be on Dave Dixon's team for awhile that might be interesting.

And THUMBS UP! to Tame's suggestion for more of the the big shiny round spinning thing!! Poor thing - no wonder it broke, it wanted the attention.

Atlantis - New Team
                          Sora (Erin Chambers)
                          Dr. Beckett (Paul McGillion)
                          Peter Grodin (Craig Veroni)
                          Sergeant Bates
                          Of course I love Dr. Beckett and am always happy to see more of him but I think they have a lot of characters in the current core group that still need more development. I don't know how you work in a new team without short-changing the development of Shep, Weir, Ford, Teyla, etc.
                          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

There're more possibilities, of course, if we follow spoilers...
                            (highlight)Moebius has Kawalsky, for one. No fear of entropic cascade failure (or whatever that was)... If it's an AU/time travel ep, anyone can come back. Even a young Lt Hammond
                            "Frankly, we're not surprised when she starts pulling large bombs from skin-tight catsuits..."
                            "Not only can Josette Simon really, really act, she gets the show's best introduction - she rescues Avon, announces he's the most beautiful man she's ever seen, then explains the only other man she's seen is her father, whose surname is, blissfully, Mellonby."
                            "This is a future where the women are beautiful, the men are ugly, and the only drink is creme de menthe."
                            --BBC CultTV's web review of Blake's 7 season 3 DVD (21.06.05)

Comment

Interesting. I definitely think that Sarah has to be revisited in some form or other in S9 (if she isn't in S8) because that was left hanging and not really adequately resolved in Chimera. For me, this wouldn't have to be an entire episode or even ALP guesting (although I love watching her, so she'd be welcome if she did). Just even the odd line of dialogue to indicate that Daniel is still in touch with her, how she's coping with having been a host, is she getting on with life? Stuck in some asylum somewhere Daniel visits on his offtime...what? <G> That would do.

They can bring back SG13 and Dixon any time, far as I'm concerned. There are such possibilities for those guys interacting with SG1. LOL.

Not keen on Colson being back for more than one episode in S8, never mind more in S9. Really didn't find the character that interesting or that he was played that well by the actor.

Paul Davies always lights up an episode, so please, guys, if you're listening keep him in mind for more guest spots, will ya?

Albion
                              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Working...
                              X