Curacs teleporter vs asgard beaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
    Curac? His name is Kiryk. I agree the teleporter could be more convenient than beaming in some instances, but not all.
    I thought his name was Garek.

Comment

As said, the only benefit that Kiryk's device had was that it was portable. Asgard beaming is more advanced in the sense that its more powerful and allowed for global levels of transportation AND was capable of teleporting skyscrapers into orbit.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Your thinking about the Sodan cloak and while thei appearence is the same, their function is completly different. The Sodan cloak take you out phase and you can walk in another dimension for a infinite amount of time. Kir'yak's transporter will teleport you and it has time limit
        Yes, the Sodan cloaking device. And I think they are much more similar than you are making out. They both take a person to another location in a secret manner. How they do this is different but the end result is the same. The only real deviation between the two is in the frequency of use.

Did anyone think about how exactly it "charges"? Does it have a power generator or something inside? Maybe it attatches itself to the human and uses excess energy generated from the body's chemical processes?
        Spoiler:

Comment

Brain_Child, i thought you were talking about the Asgard cloaking device that ws stolen by the NID agents back in season 4 or 5.

Kiyrk (or whatever) said that the device allowed him to "wiggle around" this coupled with the fact that it actually looked like it demolecularized (sp?) his body then reassembled it each time made me think that he could move around in an atomic form and pop back into physical form where-ever he wanted to be.

This would explain the short distance as the device would require a large buffer to be able to conatin not only him, but his belongings and the occasional guest.

The device fused itself to his skin, much like the "super soldier" wrist bands from SG-1. It was said to come from an advanced culture, perhaps the new race we are going to meet next week developed it? Kiryk said he traded for it and if I rmember right he said the trader told him what it was and how to use it. It could be that he actually set foot on the new races planet.

The bio-engineering side of it seems some what Wraith, but the color are all off and you would think the Wraith would be using something like that.

Comment

I would say its probably much like Nightcrawlers ability from the X Men.. not going to get too technical but he could teleport in his line of sight.. maybe this device is similar if he can see where he wants to go within a short range he can teleport.. ?
            sigpic
            I love the big hairy fuzzy men on TV, mmmm
            "I'll Be Your Freyr Elrad, Wait For Me!!!
            Me On YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/airricksreloaded

Comment

I thought the reason it bonded to the wearer's skin was to ensure transport; the power source was something outside the realm of the show, i.e. it just happens. Kind of like subspace. If it is indeed related to the upcoming aliens eps, we'll have to wait and see. Until then, all is speculation until a more solid and "official" explanation comes along.
              It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
              --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

I think that the Asgard beaming is better just caue its Asgard i mean the teleporter can be supiror by all means but you cant beat any thing made by the Asgard
                sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the device doesn't move you anywhere, it moves the universe around you and it just looks like you're moving but you're not.

KEEP IT CLEAN
                  Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                  Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by P-51D Mustang View Post
                    I think that the Asgard beaming is better just caue its Asgard i mean the teleporter can be supiror by all means but you cant beat any thing made by the Asgard
                    Kirik's teleporter is good for close-combat. They have a kind of phase-shifting feel to it.

The asgard has mass teleport and distance. Oh you can beam nukes.
                    Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Thinking about it a bit more, the device looks like it's organic. In the last part of the episode when Kiryk reattached it to himself, it looked organic to me.

Ultimately, we really don't know much about beyond its effects. It could be a short-range teleporter, or it could be a time dilation device. Or it could be some kind of phase-shifting device like the Sodan have, but without the nasty tendency to attract otherowrldy mutating beasties.
                      It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                      --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by Yaxez View Post
                        I thought his name was Garek.
                        That was a Jaffa in season 9 of Sg-1.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
                          I'm pretty sure that the device doesn't move you anywhere, it moves the universe around you and it just looks like you're moving but you're not.
                          *head hurts*
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I wonder if we'll see the planet/people who invented the device in an upcoming episode? Sounds like they could be pretty formidable.

Comment

Originally posted by Opener View Post
                              Thinking about it a bit more, the device looks like it's organic. In the last part of the episode when Kiryk reattached it to himself, it looked organic to me.
                              Agreed. It did look more organic, like those 'arm sleeves' were fast growing weeds coiling around his arm.

Comment

Working...
                              X