Curacs teleporter vs asgard beaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curacs teleporter vs asgard beaming

so what do u think is cooler/more advance the teleporter in tracker or the asgard beaming technology?

i personally think the new teleporter is cool and slightly more advance in the personal way since it can be put on the arm and soesnt use tags (human tech)
    sigpic

Yeah, I agree that Curac's teleporter was much more savvy. I wonder if any Wraith ever survived one of Curac's attacks and were able to inform the hives of Curac's awesome teleporter. Or did he never leave any survivors?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
    MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Curac? His name is Kiryk. I agree the teleporter could be more convenient than beaming in some instances, but not all.
      Last edited by naamiaiset; 19 September 2008, 08:12 PM.

Comment

It's totally different technology. Okay, yeah, it transports you, but that's where it ends. I think it's obvious that it somehow taps into one's nervous system for the electrical signals from the brain. *insert technobable* Then you're at where you want to be. I don't remember if it was said during the episode, but it also probably doesn't work over long distances. So if you're ship is about to blow up, you're not getting any farther than the 302 bay.

Comment

Yeah it said so in the episode.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
          MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

I think the teleporters aren't really teleporters.

I think they temporarily freeze time in a small area and he just moves to the other side and it looks like hes transported. Would explain why it needs to charge.
            Visit my Website

Comment

Freeze time? Seems a bit of a stretch to me...

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post

I think they temporarily freeze time in a small area and he just moves to the other side and it looks like hes transported. Would explain why it needs to charge.
                Uh if that was true why was keller surprised when she was transported with him up the cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post

It was a teleporting device because otherwise there would have been tracks and now there are not

Comment

Its better than Asgard beaming in the sense thats its portable. However it is limited by distance and power which is understandable.
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I thought that the teleporter was remarkably similar to another device in SG1. I dont remember its name but it was also worn around the wrist, you tap a crystal near its centre and it makes you invisible.

there was even an episode in SG1 about the device being stolen and they had to recover it.

Anyone remember it?

And I also dont think the teleporter is instantaneous. There seemed to be a lag of 1 or 2 seconds before reappearing which you can see when Kuryk disappears and a wraith looks around before he reappears.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Your thinking about the Sodan cloak and while thei appearence is the same, their function is completly different. The Sodan cloak take you out phase and you can walk in another dimension for a infinite amount of time. Kir'yak's transporter will teleport you and it has time limit
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

The fact its not instantaneous is strange. Either it has a mental component which is activated when you press the button or it works in some other way like how ManiacMike described. That explains the lag.
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                            It's totally different technology. Okay, yeah, it transports you, but that's where it ends. I think it's obvious that it somehow taps into one's nervous system for the electrical signals from the brain. *insert technobable* Then you're at where you want to be. I don't remember if it was said during the episode, but it also probably doesn't work over long distances. So if you're ship is about to blow up, you're not getting any farther than the 302 bay.
                            not that theres anything wrong with that...... you would need to get to the 302 bay anyway

ship blowing up, transporter wont always work
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

[QUOTE=Brain_Child;8963267]I thought that the teleporter was remarkably similar to another device in SG1. I dont remember its name but it was also worn around the wrist, you tap a crystal near its centre and it makes you invisible.

there was even an episode in SG1 about the device being stolen and they had to recover it.

Anyone remember it?

QUOTE]

No there wasnt. There was a device that gave them super speed and strenth, there was a invisible device, and a holographic mimic device but thats not any of these things.

Comment

Working...
                              X