Every single time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every single time.

I just finished watching it. It seems to me that whenever they encounter some one new, they have to have that character either die or dis-appear in the same episode. I mean they don't need to make the guy a main character but it would be cool if they could keep him around for one or two episodes. I'm not saying he's dead and that they won't for sure bring him back again, but it seems to me that it happens a lot. :/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
    MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
    I just finished watching it. It seems to me that whenever they encounter some one new, they have to have that character either die or dis-appear in the same episode. I mean they don't need to make the guy a main character but it would be cool if they could keep him around for one or two episodes. I'm not saying he's dead and that they won't for sure bring him back again, but it seems to me that it happens a lot. :/
    Maybe the team is cursed. Any outsider who gets too close, is a goner.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      I think someone's been watching too much Supernatural.

If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Kind of like Alien Ships and ZPMs!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          Except Ronon and Teyla
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I admit it would be nice to have some rolling characters besides Todd/Michael. Remember when Jacob or Martuff/Lantash could be counted on to have an appearance every 5-7 episodes?

Comment

Teyla??? Who is this person? Could you describe this Teyla??
              Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffKnight View Post
                I admit it would be nice to have some rolling characters besides Todd/Michael. Remember when Jacob or Martuff/Lantash could be counted on to have an appearance every 5-7 episodes?
                Yes, but that was early SG-1. The Atlantis writers are incapable of planning ahead more than one script page.

Comment

Its typical, every time they open up opportunities for extra stories involving discoveries of some sort they them off in the same episode. I think the main reason he was got rid of in the end was so that the atlantis team wont get an opportunity to visit the technological planet he mentioned (especially considering they were quite willing to hand out advanced tech).

:/

Comment

Originally posted by JeffKnight View Post
                    Good point, something like that would really raise the SGA episode quality.

Comment

I agree: Recurring external characters bring a pleasant sense of continuity (well, unless they happen to be as annoying as Lucius or Larrin). Meeting the Atlantis expedition is a bad omen for Pegasus natives: They're very likely to be dead by the end of the episode.
                      My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                      Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                      sigpic

Comment

What the hell? Kiryk was a good addition for this episode but bringing back every new guest star for multiple episodes would just be tedious.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                          What the hell? Kiryk was a good addition for this episode but bringing back every new guest star for multiple episodes would just be tedious.
                          Not EVERY new character has to be brought back, but I still think bringing SOME of them back would benefit the show. Just the same way, not every episode needs to fit into a story arc, but when the vast majority of episodes are standalones, the season feels like it's not going anywhere.
                          My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                          Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                          sigpic

Comment

Entering Stand-by Cliffhanger Mode...

He is one of the good guys, so I'm pretty sure they would've made him come back. Never know what's behind a dialed gate, that's the beauty of Stargate and I think he did away with those nasty suckers... uh wraith, which actually is a subassembly of sucker ^^. The fact that he got away alive IS telling. Rule number one: No body, no goner. Rule number two: In SciFi even goner --> gone forever doesn't apply. Unfortunately those characters (also like the team from two weeks ago) can't come back to Atlantis.
                            Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                              Not EVERY new character has to be brought back, but I still think bringing SOME of them back would benefit the show. Just the same way, not every episode needs to fit into a story arc, but when the vast majority of episodes are standalones, the season feels like it's not going anywhere.
                              Well we never know because of SGA's cancellation, but maybe Kiryk would have come back in season 6. I recall many good guest characters, such as Kolya, have come back over the seasons. Others, such as Lucius, were rightfully never revisited.

Comment

Working...
                              X