• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

less waight more compact weapons are needed nowadays

Comment

Originally posted by colbmista View Post
      less waight more compact weapons are needed nowadays
      Bull. The Minimi is perfectly compact. Maybe not as lightweight, but perfectly compact. THe UK uses the Para version and it is tiny. You need the suppression rate of 100-200 rounds in a box over 30 in a clip any day. What sorrt of squad support can you get with 30 rounds? That's why the UK stopped using the LSW as a support weapon and used it more like an unofficial DMR!

Trade off - slightly lighter = far less firepower

It's more or less another assault rifle.......big whoop....
      sigpic
      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

I agree that a larger Mag is deff needed but walking into a CQB fire fight with a SAW makes you a target and its harder move through alot of urban terain.
        Hurt & Heal EXTREME come cast your vote PLEASEIts in fun & games go find it!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NavyGater View Post
          I agree that a larger Mag is deff needed but walking into a CQB fire fight with a SAW makes you a target and its harder move through alot of urban terain.
          Well, change from the SAW to the Para version then. How can you give constant, overwhelming fire support when you have to change your mag over and over again.

Also, the Para has a 36/30 inch length(stock extended/collapsed), and is only 14lb (still quite heavy, I grant). Shorter than every wepaon on the list above. And you have two in each Section (well, we do at least), they work fine in CQB.

I really can see the justification in taking one of those Automatic rifles instead of a normal Assault Rifle?
          sigpic
          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Haven't been in here in awhile...

From what I've read the M27 IAR isn't replacing the SAW, just supplementing them. Although something like this magazine (SAW Mag http://www.armatac.com/products.html) would help in providing that volume of fire. I believe the M27 with one of these magazines would weigh somewhere near the weight of an unloaded SAW.

Have any of you guys been watching SGU. Started watching the 1st and noticed that Lt. James (the one with the huge knockers) said she was special forces. Found it kinda odd considering that U.S. military does not allow women to serve in combat MOS's (infantry, artillery, etc..).

Comment

Ah, well, if it is supplementing, I stand corrcted

Yup, I agree. Me and my dad (ex Marine) also wondered how she'd made SFs
              sigpic
              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Also the Air Force doesnt have Special Forces like the army, They are called something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart5 View Post
                  Ah, well, if it is supplementing, I stand corrcted
                  Yup, I agree. Me and my dad (ex Marine) also wondered how she'd made SFs
                  Even if women were accepted into combat arms, she doesn't strike me as a SF type. She has a very fit/healthy body but it's not an athletic one. I'd expect it to be a bit more defined considering the special forces training she went through and the daily exercise regiment to maintain that level of fitness. I'd also assume she would be a bit more mentally stable... unless all that stuff was occurring because of "Aunt Flo."

Originally posted by Rudy Pena View Post
                  Also the Air Force doesnt have Special Forces like the army, They are called something else.
                  The USAF does have a special forces component component called AFSOC (Air Force Special Operations Command http://www2.afsoc.af.mil/library/fac...t.asp?id=13745). They don't perform the same exact job as Delta or Green Berets but are still a part of SOCOM are still considered special forces...

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                    But the M249 SAW works perfectly fine. why fix somthing that isn't broke?
                    Probably affirmative action. They may want something the girls can shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                      But the M249 SAW works perfectly fine. why fix somthing that isn't broke?
                      If that were the case our military would be fine with the Maxim machine gun....

Comment

Originally posted by Hong3103 View Post
                        If that were the case our military would be fine with the Maxim machine gun....
                        That was a different issue. The maxim had it's problems which needed to be adressed, hence why it was replaced with better weapon designs.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

I wonder if anyone is still here....

Comment

I wonder if anyone is still here....
                            lol

Comment

well certainly not in this thread

Comment

Even if women were accepted into combat arms, she doesn't strike me as a SF type. She has a very fit/healthy body but it's not an athletic one. I'd expect it to be a bit more defined considering the special forces training she went through and the daily exercise regiment to maintain that level of fitness. I'd also assume she would be a bit more mentally stable... unless all that stuff was occurring because of "Aunt Flo."

The USAF does have a special forces component component called AFSOC (Air Force Special Operations Command http://www2.afsoc.af.mil/library/fac...t.asp?id=13745). They don't perform the same exact job as Delta or Green Berets but are still a part of SOCOM are still considered special forces...
                                And with the passage of a decade we now know that many if not most Special Forces detachments, Navy SEAL teams and Marine Raiders (was that a thing in 2010?) also travel with an Airman as part of their team. Tyrese Gibson's role in the first few Transformers movies.

As far as the actress not meeting our perceptions of a special operations soldiers, well seeing as most soldiers and cops in fictional media are also special operations veterans but also don't meet the physique demands of the audience. That said Special Forces soldiers that I ran into were more likely to look like a middle distance runner than a body building John Rambo.

Comment

Working...
                                X