Infantry Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infantry Weapons

I'd quite like to see a few massed infantry fights. Not just two gate teams (one of which is SG-1/Sheppards team) against plenty of enemy. The original movie (which I maintian, rocked) saw USAF gubbed by like 3 uber jaffa.
    So four humans against 90 Jaffa? No. Not a chance. EVER!

However, I do NOT like uber aliens that can't be touched by basic humans (every Dr Who, ever). I like it whe humans can kill enemy, just not easily. They are super advanced, they can give us a gubbing on a whim. Look at Jaffa staff weapons. Awesome in the original film, but not so in the series.

So, lots of Fodder and lots of enemy. Like Siege pt2 and 3. Massed fighting. Its like 'Wanky' ships.

Also, I would like the fights to, as I've said, be more heaped against the humans. SO, it takes 20 US Marines to fight ten Jaffa....etc

ur thoughts, people
    sigpic
    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

I've always said the coolest thing to see would a few dozen marines with some cool tech try to hold a small town or village from some crazy aliens...lots of them. Out-numbered, Out-gunned but not out-smarted. It's classic SG... but BIGGER and better!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

It'd be great.

I think it'd be great if an entire battalion were to go through the gate.

We should still have our backs against the wall though, fights are only interesting if we have to earn the victory.

Comment

I think the seige of atlantis was the greatest SG battle ever second place would be anubises invasion of abidos i liked how we lost that one aswell.

Universe has some potental for this if the ship got boarded

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
          I've always said the coolest thing to see would a few dozen marines with some cool tech try to hold a small town or village from some crazy aliens...lots of them. Out-numbered, Out-gunned but not out-smarted. It's classic SG... but BIGGER and better!
          Very true. However, US Marines would always be outsmarted. jkjk.
          Tho, Royal Marines.....no, wait that would be unfair on the rest of the galaxy.....

As for staff weapons, they should dominate over the humble (yet never beaten) assault weapon. Thank you, plot shields.
          sigpic
          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
            As for staff weapons, they should dominate over the humble (yet never beaten) assault weapon. Thank you, plot shields.
            Ahh, no. They have a slow RoF and are very inaccurate. Our weapons eat them for breakfast.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
              Ahh, no. They have a slow RoF and are very inaccurate. Our weapons eat them for breakfast.
              Not in the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                Not in the movie.
                That has a firepower of a Glider Cannon to me...

I would like to see SG-Units or SG-MArines with this..

Comment

Or we could just encase them in an ipnetrable inherently multi purpose nanite skin.

Wanky, but not impossible given our previous manipulation of nanotechnology. A Reese suit at the lest.

Comment

We've seen the staff weapon shoot rapid blasts but they get less accurate the more you shoot in succession.

I like the battle scene from the episode where Dr. Fraiser died.

They had quite a few ground forces fighting.
                    Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                      The Kull warrior weapons seemed to be just the opposite though. I guess nobody besides Anubis realized how useful effective energy weapons are.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                        Not in the movie.
                        So true. The ones on the film were ace. Then they seemed crap in the series
                        sigpic
                        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                          So true. The ones on the film were ace. Then they seemed crap in the series
                          Gotta agree with that. But I suppose you could rationalise it by saying that because they were used by Ra's personal guard, they use better weapons than your standard Jaffa.

Or, you can just say that a staff has a variable power thing, i.e. grenade launcher power one end of the scale (as in movie) dropping to just able to make a flesh wound at the other (i.e. to be used exclusively against SG-1)...which kind of fits with the series.
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Are you expecting the staff blast to rip apart someone as it hits?

For 1, its a tv show so thats not going to happen and 2, its basically blob of super heated plasma so its not going to explode on impact with human skin. Its just going to go right through it. It explodes on other things because the energy is spread out when it hits and creates an explosion.
                            Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                              Are you expecting the staff blast to rip apart someone as it hits?

For 1, its a tv show so thats not going to happen and 2, its basically blob of super heated plasma so its not going to explode on impact with human skin. Its just going to go right through it. It explodes on other things because the energy is spread out when it hits and creates an explosion.
                              I always thought the fact that the staff's fired superheated packets of matter showed how their wounding mechanism - the sheer temperature in one of those shots causes the water in tissues hit to convert to steam almost instantly, which is how instead of just getting a cauterising 3rd or 4th degree burn, you get a small explosion. But that's pure speculation.

I think I'm right in saying that if it were truly plasma, it'd dissipate quickly in air and also naturally rise upwards. I wondered if instead they essentially fire blobs of molten metal, or at least something that can hold a huge amount of heat and retain it's shape during passage through the atmosphere. Again, just speculation.
                              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
                              X