You Know You're a Stargate Fan When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BFH_Bushy_Tush View Post
    You know you're a Stargate fan when you keep on writing 'Stargate' when you mean to write something else star related, no matter how many times you try to rewrite it after the first time.

You know you're a Stargate fan when you find yourself thinking 'They just don't get it' when talking about Stargate with a non-fan about anything. (Particularly, the cancellation)

you know your a stargate fan when you get excited going past Asgard street( i really did!)

and when your bored in class so you start drawing stargates in the back of your school books, and writing the 'a' in your name with the stargate symbol

Comment

Originally posted by x_stargatergirl_x View Post

you know your a stargate fan when you get excited going past Asgard street( i really did!)

and when your bored in class so you start drawing stargates in the back of your school books, and writing the 'a' in your name with the stargate symbol
      Hehe. I used to do that (draw Stargates)...

(and ... 1000th post )
      sigpic
      Don't touch Lola

Comment

Originally posted by tegalans View Post

The most common word in your vocabulary is "Indeed".
        Indeed!!

Comment

when you get a mythology question in quiz bowl right because you learned about it in stargate.

when you know that you can't get on myspace/facebook at school but don't care because gateworld isn't blocked

you do homework you don't have to so you can get on gateworld during class

you know you're a stargate band geek when you start naming your instruments after stargate characters (so far we have a samantha, hammond, bra'tac, jack, daniel, and rodney) or when upon being handed any song having to do with egypt you think of stargate.

Comment

You say "Kree!" to get someones attention.

Comment

Originally posted by heeroyue View Post
              when you get a mythology question in quiz bowl right because you learned about it in stargate.
              Oddest thing, on the IRC trivia bot, there is a question along the lines of "who is the norse god of fertility?" I think it was that one. I answered Freya as a first guess without hints and it was right. And since Freyr is mentioned in Red Sky, who knows where I got it?

But it did.

My Controls · Edit Signature · Edit Avatar

Comment

...when you spend hours trying to figure out how to build a Stargate with one hundred pounds of pure, raw titanium; two hundred feet of fibre optic cable; seven, one hundred thousand watt industrial strength electronic capacitors... and then spend even more time wondering how a toaster is involved (I've got diagrams and schematics... along with three no longer usable toasters).

...when you write a song for a Stargate Musical episode (I was extremely tired, bored, and hyped up on a litre of Mountain Dew at the time).
                LLAP

Comment

when you think everybody knows about stargate
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tegalans View Post

The most common word in your vocabulary is "Indeed".
                    *is guilty as charged*
                    "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

you use the words 'for crying out loud' way too often. . .

Comment

you get into a "yo mama" joke battle and you start using stargate references. A few of us bandies were doing this in the stands at a football game tonight.

you learn to play the Atlantis theme by listening to it.

Comment

When you Quote Oma Desala's sayings (I've done that too many times!)

Comment

You know youre a stargate fan when you name your room stargate comand(SGC),wear army clotes and at school speak about univers,time dalation,DHD,SG-1's aventures,ori,atlantis,wraith,jaffa,goa'uld,tok'ra,time loop device,wormhole travel,space ships,war ships,zat guns,staff guns,asgard,tollan...
                            If you do this your teacher and colegs will renain with there mouts open and probably some of them will scares badly.

Comment

Great job all! There are some really good ones in here too!

Another few:

...Spend your free time (and money) building Stargate themed props from SGA... (I do, no joke)

...When someone makes a reference to 'God', you think of a Goa'uld, or the Ori...

Comment

you think there should be a DHD next to every gate you go through
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X