This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sliders meets Stargate Infinity

Not really floating my boat to be honest.

And, while I've been a defender of TPTB and the even more senior PTB, I'm increasingly inclined to view the decision to cancel SGA to gamble the future of the franchise SOLELY on SGU as being overly risky.

SGA, through its rocky beginnings, had SG1 to support it.

SGU really is alone and the concept of a bunch of space teens being looked after by grampa isn't really a concept that instills confidence in this a sound decision.

I SINCERELY hope I am wrong.

Well Sliders got five seasons and SGI got 1 so add the two together you get 6 seasons that's how long SGU will last. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by The Suicidal Goldfish View Post
      Not really floating my boat to be honest.

And, while I've been a defender of TPTB and the even more senior PTB, I'm increasingly inclined to view the decision to cancel SGA to gamble the future of the franchise SOLELY on SGU as being overly risky.

SGA, through its rocky beginnings, had SG1 to support it.

SGU really is alone and the concept of a bunch of space teens being looked after by grampa isn't really a concept that instills confidence in this a sound decision.

I SINCERELY hope I am wrong.
      they made mistakes with SGA and have learned from them, SGU won't be what u think it is. people are whining and complaining and putting these false ideas in your head. The press releases have just been poorly worded. Have faith in the producers/writers and give it a chance.

Comment

To be honest if SGU fails and I mean big time fails, it will be the end of Stargate period. As Sci Fi and MGM probably wouldn't fund movies or any more series of Atlantis or any other creation, if this would goes down like a led balloon.

As guade said, have faith in them and they will put out a good show. As just because SGA was tied to SG1 didn't mean it had instant success. They needed a good plot, good storylines etc and in the most part had that. SGU needs to be well written, well planned and well done. With the plot I think they have something which could become good and wouldn't need SGA supporting it, nor SG1.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
          they made mistakes with SGA and have learned from them, SGU won't be what u think it is. people are whining and complaining and putting these false ideas in your head. The press releases have just been poorly worded. Have faith in the producers/writers and give it a chance.
          Hallowed are the Ori! PTB!

Comment

Yes. Universe will be an Parallel-Universe based Edutainment show.

What?

Comment

There's faith, and blind faith.

I hope the show is good, the initial noises seem to be less than promising, however...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1989 View Post
                To be honest if SGU fails and I mean big time fails, it will be the end of Stargate period. As Sci Fi and MGM probably wouldn't fund movies or any more series of Atlantis or any other creation, if this would goes down like a led balloon.
                I think that if it does take a horrible nose dive, but lets hope it doesn't. They will bring back SGA. The sets are still standing and as far as i know most actors/actresses are contracted for another year anyways. But I have a feeling Universe will do atleast 3 seasons.

Comment

SGU probably will fail. I highly doubt it's success. I'm not interested in a teen drama in space. And the concept of Startrek has been overused, why would I want to see it again now?

Comment

I am going to hold back on judging SGU until I see the first half of Season 1. Why so long? You can't judge a series on one episode or even 5 for that matter.

I just hope that they have learned a lot from the mistakes that were made with SG1 and Atlantis. If they have, then I feel that SGU will be a hit. But we all have to play the wait and see game.
                    Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
                    End of line.

Comment

It's safe to say that TPTB haven't made things easy for themselves in announcing what they have so far...

Comment

They haven't really announced anything. The press release was from Sci Fi, and the casting call was leaked. They weren't supposed to be character bios, the descriptions are only for the sake of actors agents.

Comment

Working...
                        X