Did Keller Lie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hong3103 View Post
    You'd think that being the CMO, she'd be briefed on the enemies and who and what they are, especially the ships they use.
    What makes you think she hasn't?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      What makes you think she hasn't?
      Than why would she say she hasn't seen it... period.

Comment

Originally posted by Hong3103 View Post
        Than why would she say she hasn't seen it... period.
        From GW's The Queen transcript:

(A Wraith Hive ship comes into view. Jennifer stares at it wide eyed.)

KELLER: My God! How big is that thing?

SHEPPARD: Never seen a Hive in space, huh?

KELLER: I've never seen one, period. I mean, I've seen video logs but never in person.

sigpic

Comment

That makes more sense now...

Comment

So, lesson learned: listen first before you bash Keller again...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Good luck unfortunately, Spikey. Some people will listen as little as possible, just so they can do that, or so they can twist anything they want.
              sigpic

Comment

The only thing that was off, though no fault of Keller - John introduced her as the Chief Medical Officer, which is not possible since she's a civilian and thus a Chief of Medicine.

When she mentioned she'd never seen a Hive before, there was The Shrine. I have to admit that thought crossed my mind.

And this is hardly bashing Keller... in my honest opinion. It's TPTW that made a mistake here, or forgot that little detail.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm still not sure she would have seen the Hive, though, she was in the back of the Jumper with McKay and Jeannie, and it would have been a bit harder to see from back there.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
                    I'm still not sure she would have seen the Hive, though, she was in the back of the Jumper with McKay and Jeannie, and it would have been a bit harder to see from back there.
                    She was sitting behind that bulkhead ... didn't they bend forward? Should have to rewatch that.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      She was sitting behind that bulkhead ... didn't they bend forward? Should have to rewatch that.
                      Tell me if they do. I'll watch it myself later, I've made a list of things I need to watch, and it's got about two hundred and sixty items on it, so I have A LOT I need to see.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
                        Tell me if they do. I'll watch it myself later, I've made a list of things I need to watch, and it's got about two hundred and sixty items on it, so I have A LOT I need to see.
                        Oh dear... I stopped making lists when I realized I was never going to get through them anyway. It didn't go better afterwards, though.

Comment

Oh dear... I stopped making lists when I realized I was never going to get through them anyway. It didn't go better afterwards, though.
                          I'm strangely addicted to making lists, for some reason.
                          sigpic

Comment

I re watched the scene while back, an form what I gather she was sitting in the back vaguely looking at the front screen but maybe not paying attention.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

The only thing that was off, though no fault of Keller - John introduced her as the Chief Medical Officer, which is not possible since she's a civilian and thus a Chief of Medicine.
                              The terms Chief Medical Officer and Chief of Medicine seem to have been used interchangably throughout the show and even in the Omnipedia entry for Keller:

Dr. Elizabeth Weir appointed Keller as interim chief medical officer until a suitable replacement could arrive from Earth. Keller herself was appointed the city's new chief of medicine.
                              I think civilians can be called Chief Medical Officer in some places/organisations, for example here in the UK the top doctor who advises the government is called the "Chief Medical Officer".

So basically I don't think there's anything wrong with what John said ...which goes without saying really, I don't think he's actually capable of saying anything wrong. He's just perfect (at least in my eyes)

Comment

Working...
                              X