Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breeding with a cave man? I dont buy it...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breeding with a cave man? I dont buy it...

The whole Atlantians bre with humans after returning from PG, i never really got it. I mean that is supposed to be the reason why some of us have the gene, but i can't see this sophisticated Ancient jumping in the sack with a pre-civilised civilation human. It just doesn;t fit...
    Meh.

Any port in a storm? LOL!

~Dave

Comment

Originally posted by ~Dave View Post
      Any port in a storm? LOL!

~Dave
      haha green
      Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
        The whole Atlantians bre with humans after returning from PG, i never really got it. I mean that is supposed to be the reason why some of us have the gene, but i can't see this sophisticated Ancient jumping in the sack with a pre-civilised civilation human. It just doesn;t fit...
        I would sleep with a hot cave girl.... what the hell.. ya only live once.
        BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

given the Ancient's tendency to 'fiddle' with the locals, i wouldn't put it past them to genetically engineer any Neanderthals, helping them to evolve into Cro Magnon (i think those were the next step).

In reality? It's far more likely that the writers didn't even think about the genetic incompatibility of the two species, they just wrote stuff to write it.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

^^^ lol!

Seriously though i just dont see a memebr of the most advanced civiliation ever mating with a wild human...
            Meh.

Comment

Maybe they didn't start the whole breeding with humans thing until we had moved out of our caves and become a little more civilised
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                ^^^ lol!

Seriously though i just dont see a memebr of the most advanced civiliation ever mating with a wild human...
                they had to eventually, how else did humans get the ancient gene?

they either mated with them or they genetic engineered them, passing on their genes through some medical procedure

sigpic

Comment

When did the Lantiens return from Pegasus? 8,000BC wasn't it?

So Neolithic period...

Maybe Jericho was actually set up by the Lantiens?

Comment

it fits in well with the other massive plot hole of Merlin being an ancient. Merlin and Arthur were around about 1000 years ago, yet Atlantis was abandoned 10,000 years ago....LITTLE disparity

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      it fits in well with the other massive plot hole of Merlin being an ancient. Merlin and Arthur were around about 1000 years ago, yet Atlantis was abandoned 10,000 years ago....LITTLE disparity
                      he descended to make the sangraal and leave it with arthur

Comment

It was also said that the Ancients helped Humans develop their first civilizations. So you take some Hunter Gathers, teach them how to plant crops and develop simple communities around them. Then maybe they dressed them up enough to where some were willing to reproduce with them. Although, we don't know that the actual adult survivors of Atlantis were the ones who spread the gene. It's possible that the children from Atlantis, having grown up in a simple Human environment and having little or no memories of Atlantis, might've been the ones to mate with the natives. It's also possible that the survivors had children with their own kind and as less and less Ancients became available to settle down with, further generations gave in and tried to create lives with Humans.

Comment

yeah growing old with a cavegirl....FTW

Comment

Perhaps some Ancient guy got an eyeful of this...
                            Spoiler:

and thought... well in the interests of science, he might give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                              Perhaps some Ancient guy got an eyeful of this...
                              Spoiler:

and thought... well in the interests of science, he might give it a shot.
                              HAHAHAHAHA

This thread is so not going in the direction i intended, but the laughter i am getting from some of the responses is so much better than uni work lol
                              Meh.

Comment

Working...
                              X