This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stargate_atlantis- View Post
    why be negative towards this campaign??? Your in the Atlantis section please your supposed to be strong and open minded. Dont think of the worse think positive!!
    but your sig isn't negative or anything...
    Meh.

Comment

umm clearly im angry at sci fi and the fact that Atlantis has been kicked off for a stupid new spin off. Like i said this is the Atlantis part of this forum... u dont see me in universe section.
      BRING BACK SGA.. NEVER WATCHING SCI-FI OR SGU EVER

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate_atlantis- View Post
        umm clearly im angry at sci fi and the fact that Atlantis has been kicked off for a stupid new spin off. Like i said this is the Atlantis part of this forum... u dont see me in universe section.
        no part of the forum is off limits for any persons opinion (except for the pro/anti threads)
        Meh.

Comment

Clearly, this isn't where the optimistic fans are.

Comment

Originally posted by FightforAtlantis View Post
            Clearly, this isn't where the optimistic fans are.
            nup, the realistic ones are tho
            Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by bungeeguy245 View Post
              I truly wish the throngs of fans doing their best to "Save Atlantis" would succeed. But let's face it, won't happen. And the reason, at least in my opinion, is us. Atlantis is being cancelled in its prime as stated in the recent article on gateworld. MGM is doing this because with still strong fan demand, they can make a whole lot on the DVD sales. Imagine the demand for a SG-1 movie when RDA was still heavily involved. The only way to truly convince all the suits that the show should be continued in current format, again in my opinion, would be to actually convince them that we will not boycott Scifi but the DVD sales. If the Atlantis movie comes out and no one shows up to buy the movie, or there is a huge effort to get it on the net for download, then MGM would be so screwed.

BUT, they know that's is not going to happen. I plan on buying a movie that they come out with. I want to see more. As I am sure most if not all of you on here will do. I will even tune in to watch Universe as most of you will all do. I will give that show 1-2 episodes to catch me. Right now it sounds horrific though. It sounds like a Joel Schumacer twist, you know the guy who made/destroyed Batman and Robin to appeal to a more younger crowd (aka sell more dvds and toys.) It is a sad day in Sci Fi.
              *gasp* the *******s! oh, well I really like the movies for SG-1. Atlantis should be just as good!

Comment

Come on let's all be serious The 'Save Atlantis Campaign' will NOT work and anyone who thinks it will is being incredibly naive' I of course mean no offence to anyone taking part but they must know that it Won't work and if they think it will work.... well like i said at the beginning your being a bit too hopefull

Comment

The plain and simple reason SGA is being cancelled: Moving on to SGU has the potential to make the people in charge more money than renewing SGA, and if ratings were the core of what mattered to these people, I doubt SGA would have been cancelled. It's all about business, and they're going to go with what will make them more money. It's an unfortunate fact of life. They cancelled SGA because they think they know what we want, and they think that we Stargate fans will happily give our viewership to and throw our hard-earned money at whatever they try to shove down our throats.

I don't think any amount of support to the "Save Atlantis" campaign would make any difference simply because the people in charge don't seem to be in touch with the fan base any more, and IMO they're getting greedy and spiteful. If they knew what I wanted from the franchise, they wouldn't have killed off my favorite character in season 3, let the show stagnate in mediocrity in season 4, and then cancel it just when the show's well-deserved higher ratings and creativeness were showing a bit of a resurgence in it's last season. If they knew what I wanted, they wouldn't appear to be trying to cater to 20-something-year-olds with SGU who, as far as I understand, typically have much less of a disposable income to dedicate to buying DVDs and merchandise than I do.

You all may do what you wish, but SGU isn't getting a dime from my wallet or any fraction of a point of ratings from me, and I have no compunction against admitting freely that it's because I'm bitter over what I believe Brad Wright has done to ruin the franchise. He's practically washed his (and everybody else's) hands of SGA, so I think boycotting the DVDs from the SGA movie would be pointless - who would we be hurting by doing that? Boycotting SGU might get the point across, though, even if it doesn't really make a difference either.

Comment

Stargate atlantis is doing well tho when it comes to ratings... it went up to 1.5 from a low 1.1 in just 2 weeks i think that says alot as well as the new time slot!!! only tomorrow will tomorrow will tell i guess or the next day for americans lol
                    BRING BACK SGA.. NEVER WATCHING SCI-FI OR SGU EVER

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
                      The plain and simple reason SGA is being cancelled: Moving on to SGU has the potential to make the people in charge more money than renewing SGA, and if ratings were the core of what mattered to these people, I doubt SGA would have been cancelled. It's all about business, and they're going to go with what will make them more money. It's an unfortunate fact of life. They cancelled SGA because they think they know what we want, and they think that we Stargate fans will happily give our viewership to and throw our hard-earned money at whatever they try to shove down our throats.

I don't think any amount of support to the "Save Atlantis" campaign would make any difference simply because the people in charge don't seem to be in touch with the fan base any more, and IMO they're getting greedy and spiteful. If they knew what I wanted from the franchise, they wouldn't have killed off my favorite character in season 3, let the show stagnate in mediocrity in season 4, and then cancel it just when the show's well-deserved higher ratings and creativeness were showing a bit of a resurgence in it's last season. If they knew what I wanted, they wouldn't appear to be trying to cater to 20-something-year-olds with SGU who, as far as I understand, typically have much less of a disposable income to dedicate to buying DVDs and merchandise than I do.

You all may do what you wish, but SGU isn't getting a dime from my wallet or any fraction of a point of ratings from me, and I have no compunction against admitting freely that it's because I'm bitter over what I believe Brad Wright has done to ruin the franchise. He's practically washed his (and everybody else's) hands of SGA, so I think boycotting the DVDs from the SGA movie would be pointless - who would we be hurting by doing that? Boycotting SGU might get the point across, though, even if it doesn't really make a difference either.
                      You make a lot of interesting points.

It seems that SGA wasn’t cancelled because it was doing poorly – even Wright said they were taking SGA out on a high note, but it just wasn’t making enough money for them and with SGU, because it is a new series, there is the potential to make more money. It is all about greed and making money but that is the business and you are right, it is hard to fight a business decision like this.

I don’t hold out a lot of hope that SGA will be renewed for a sixth season but I do support the campaign. What is the old saying; “Nothing ventured, nothing gained.” Sending letters, e-mails, lemons or whatever doesn’t take a lot of time and it does show support for SGA and at least lets TPTB know how some fans are feeling. Will it bring back the show? Probably not but for me that isn’t the only reason I am doing it. As I said, I think it is important to show support for SGA. At the very least I hope it improves the chances for more than one movie because right now there is only one movie approved and I would very much hope that there is more than just one.

As for SGU, I don’t know if the show will be good or bad and for the moment I don’t care. I won’t watch it simply because it is Stargate. I will watch it if it interests me and right now there is nothing about the show that interests me.

As for the franchise – I am disappointed with how TPTB have treated SGA but even more so by how they have treated loyal fans as evidenced by some recent comments by TPTB. I don’t particularly like boycotts or think they are all that effective. I think fans will make up their own minds. For me, I am quite dissatisfied with the direction the franchise has gone and the decisions TPTB have made.

Comment

Working...
                      X