X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1 and Atlantis Renewed

http://www.mediaweek.com/mediaweek/c..._id=1000719388

-More Stargate Atlantis and Stargate SG-1:
    Sci Fi Channel has renewed dramas Stargate Atlantis and Stargate SG-1, with production on 20 new episodes for each series set to begin in March 2005. The new episodes will debut this summer.

Good signs, I wonder when they will make the official announcement.

Comment

Zap2it.com reports

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|91811|1|,00.html

Sci Fi Renews 'Stargate' Pair
      (Monday, November 15 08:30 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Fresh off its highest rated summer and early fall ever, the Sci Fi Channel is renewing two of the shows that helped jump-start its ratings. The cable network has ordered a second season of "Stargate Atlantis" and a ninth season of "Stargate SG-1."

Both dramas come from MGM Television Entertainment and will begin production in March 2005 or 20-episode seasons to premiere in the summer of 2005.

"Stargate Atlantis" premiered in July to an audience of more than 4.2 million viewers, breaking numerous Sci Fi records. The show's stars, including Joe Flanigan, Torri Higginson, David Hewlett, Rainbow Sun Francks, Rachel Luttrell and Paul McGillion, are all signed on to return in the second season.

Many of the records that "Atlantis" broke were originally held by "SG-1," which will tie "The X-Files" as the longest-running sci-fi drama series on American television when it returns for its ninth installment, according to Sci Fi. The cable network will only say that MGM is in negotiations with the show's stars to return.
      Robert C. Cooper and "SG-1" co-creator Brad Wright will continue to serve as executive producers on both shows.

Although Sci Fi is already looking forward to the future seasons of the "Stargate" franchises, there are still new episodes of both series ready to go in January 2005. That month will also see the premiere of the new series adaptation of "Battlestar Galactica."

Comment

Great news and really pleased they have come
        out now and made it official as i was begining
        to think they would wait untill the next mag
        was out before confirming it all.
        ......TARA......

Comment

If this information is so, then I'm very happy. I was certainly expecting a second season of Atlantis, but uncertain of a ninth season of SG1. It will be very interesting to learn more.
          __

__

Comment

Well, thats great!
            Dogs are my favorite people.
            If they don't have chocolate in heaven, I ain't going.

Comment

Excellent news.

*does a happy dance*
              sigpic

Comment

It's on the SCI-FI site just look under Stargate - What's New .
                jan t
                jan t

Comment

Woo hoo! It's official! I'm dissappointed that RDA will only be in a few episodes (if that is indeed the case), but this is still great news!! PARTY!!

Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

A link for those who want it:
                    http://scifi.com/stargate/press/press_05.html

Interestingly, it confirmed that Joe Flanigan, Torri Higginson, David Hewlett, Rainbow Sun Francks, Rachel Luttrell, and Paul McGillion would be back, but that they're still in negotiations with the cast of SG-1. And production is set to begin in March, not February as in years past.
                    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                    Last update: 14 April 2006
                    Melyanna's Multimedia
                    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Whoohoo! Season 2 of Atlantis!!

Oh yeah, and yay for SG-1...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Lol, there are three posts about this, its reported everywhere, but still, thanks for posting.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

This has just been confirmed in this thread http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=5914 thanks for posting though.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

I've merged the 3 threads on this topic that were in this folder into this one thread and changed the title. Thanks to everyone who reported the news.

Shipperahoy
                            Gateworld Forum Moderator

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Congrats on the renewal for SG-1. It is certainly an achievement to be going into the 9th year of production. Interesting that they're still in negotiations for the original cast. Doesn't mention anyone being added to the cast.

Well whatever happens I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will turn out well.

And great news for Atlantis! It certainly deserves a second season and I'm looking forward to further adventures of the Atlantis crew.

Last edited by keshou; 15 November 2004, 09:40 AM.
                              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X