why didn't jayne fight in the war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why didn't jayne fight in the war

as we mentioned in the ep train job "i didn't fight in no war" but it's always bothered me ...why didn't he

he loves weapons and money and i would think that it would have been up his ally??

any thoughts???
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Jayne's love of guns and fightin' seems to run to situations where he does all the shooting, and where he has more than a modicum of control over the situation. He's good at what he does, and that keeps him alive.

He's bright enough to work out that in an army, being good at what you do isn't enough to keep you alive if your generals are at all fallible. It's not even enough that your generals be brilliant, if the other side has brilliant generals too: good soldiers die all the time, in war.

An army pay probably doesn't strike him as much cop.

Madeleine

Comment

He may have been a mercenary.

Comment

I don't think Jayne does anything that doesn't have a profit in it for him
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Specter177 View Post
          He may have been a mercenary.
          ditto

Comment

The Brownshirts were proud, fighting for a cause. Jayne would only fight, even for money, if he thought he would survive to spend it. If he's on the losing side, he don't get paid!
            sigpic
            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
              The Brownshirts were proud, fighting for a cause. Jayne would only fight, even for money, if he thought he would survive to spend it. If he's on the losing side, he don't get paid!
              You mean Browncoats?
              sigpic
              My Site || My Blog

Comment

Ha Ha
                sigpic

Comment

The Army don't pay as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X