Star Trek Encyclopedia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek Encyclopedia

Ok so the last edition came out October 1, 1999. Well it's missing at least one movie, Season Six and Seven of Voyager and all of Enterprise and even the Eleventh movie. (I don't care if some people think Enterprise shouldn't be included. This is about the encyclopedia) So how many think that they should update this encyclopedia? I found it very useful when I wrote some of my own fan fiction. It's a great tool and very fun to read sometimes and I would very much like to see a new edition that includes everything so far.
    There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Ah, but there is a pretty decent (perhaps better) online replacement. The Star Trek wiki: http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Main_Page

It isn't complete yet (wikis never are), but it has a tonne of useful information on just about everything. It's as comprehensive a Star Trek source as I have yet seen, and it even tells you where its info comes from (episodes (canon), books (mostly non-canon), reference guilds (often non-canon, but not always), and games (non-canon)).

Comment

Yes Memory Alpha is the best website on the world wide thingy for Star trek, anything I wish to know about anything Trek related, I just pop on over the Alpha site and scan through the pages, often just to flick through the trivia sections on various episodes and movies to see what I didn't already know....call me sad...I dont care lol
      sigpic
      In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

Unfortunately, due to low sales of non-fiction books, such as the Technical Manuals and the Chronology and Encyclopedias, it is unlikely we'll see an updated encyclopedia anytime soon.
        sigpic

Jaffa Kree!

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
          Ah, but there is a pretty decent (perhaps better) online replacement. The Star Trek wiki: http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Main_Page

It isn't complete yet (wikis never are), but it has a tonne of useful information on just about everything. It's as comprehensive a Star Trek source as I have yet seen, and it even tells you where its info comes from (episodes (canon), books (mostly non-canon), reference guilds (often non-canon, but not always), and games (non-canon)).
          Very nice! Thanks for the link to that.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
          X