No announcement yet.

Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if there were to be a sketchup tutorial, the first thing I would do is drawout the model, like the image below.

More once I start modeling it
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

[QUOTE=daredevil-k;8979221]im downloading maya can you show me were the tuorials are?[/QUOTE

could not find them again sorry, thought I kept them on my hard drive but at the moment in the process of moving everything on to knew drive, and my computer playing up big time at the moment(keep on switching off by itself completly randomly with out warning, even when it just booting up), main reason their been no updates on my space station model yet.

Give me a week or two and I will digg them out for you, presuming I saved them in the first place.

But if I was you I would start of with simply tutorials as I remember rightly the ones I got were fairly complicated and spars on details.
      Last edited by knowles2; 24 September 2008, 12:26 PM.

Comment

ok thanks
        Spoiler:
        Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
        god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

Done some more need better textures

The scale might be overdone i was going for big maybee not that big but im going to go with it

Im going for a retro look i know the guns look old their supposed to i was thinking 6 80 inch KNaq rounds would be quite deadly

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by therealdb View Post
            wow semmer, that things massive, maybe bigger or almost as big as atlantis?
            reminds me of scorpon fleet yards from BSG which is a good thing cos thats an awsome station

and i just realised mine looks very verry vaugly like a golan one from x wing

Comment

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
              reminds me of scorpon fleet yards from BSG which is a good thing cos thats an awsome station

and i just realised mine looks very verry vaugly like a golan one from x wing
              it's looking good, And I have to say, those are massive guns
              sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

nice
                Spoiler:
                god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

u no guys right now im loving everyones designs.
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                    it's looking good, And I have to say, those are massive guns
                    thanks im going for detail now.

do we do the interior ive done bits because you can see in through the domes and hangars but is it worth doing the bits you cant see from the outside

Comment

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
                      thanks im going for detail now.

do we do the interior ive done bits because you can see in through the domes and hangars but is it worth doing the bits you cant see from the outside
                      Trying to model an entire ship inside and out? By God man, that's crazy talk. *slap*.

Seriously though, there's no reason to. It just adds unnecessary detail to it and causes Sketchup to run slow.
                      I know on my computer Sketchup starts to lag slightly at about 140k polys.
                      Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                        Trying to model an entire ship inside and out? By God man, that's crazy talk. *slap*.

Seriously though, there's no reason to. It just adds unnecessary detail to it and causes Sketchup to run slow.
                        I know on my computer Sketchup starts to lag slightly at about 140k polys.
                        I used to map for Garrys mod on the source engine i did a couple of ships inside and out but im new to modeling only got scetch up three weeks ago though some things are the same.

Comment

Here a update of my station, let me know what your thoughts are.

Space Statation 1.jpg

I left the top bit of because it just did not look right. The frame is still in it early stages and I am struggling with it at the moment.

Comment

that does look like the middway station, really original
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by daredevil-k View Post
                              that does look like the middway station, really original
                              coulent agree more.
                              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

my favourite ship is the daedalus and it is asgard not asguard
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X