Page 4 of 218 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast
    Chief Master Sergeant daredevil-k's Avatar

Default Re: Modeling Challenge Thread

please!!!
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
    god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like thishttp://www.wizards.com/magic/images/...or_isblack.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil-k View Post
    so guys any stargate tutorials????????
    Do you mean how_to_make_a_daedalus tutorials?

pretty much, but im open to over things i would like to learn over things to (but mostly daedalus )
    Spoiler:
    god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like thishttp://www.wizards.com/magic/images/...or_isblack.jpg

semmer i know your watching answer me.....
    Spoiler:

Semmer?
    Spoiler:

Demanding answers isnt the best way..Check out the Origional starship design thread, that is where you can find some guides and tutorials posted by other members. There arent many, but use the search function or you know google sketchup tutorials ?!

You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Teal'c Re: Modeling Challenge Thread

not really? I mean have you guys got any tutorials, like you talk me through step by step (or just write them all down) and send them to me.
    Spoiler:

Because there wouldn't be any tutorials on making a daedalus.
    Spoiler:

there's something in there
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Had to do this so don't critisice
    Spoiler:

Chief Master Sergeant therealdb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil-k View Post
    not really? I mean have you guys got any tutorials, like you talk me through step by step (or just write them all down) and send them to me.
    do you know how long it takes to model the deddy? it can take weeks, writing every step down would be no easy task, but like someone else said, your best bet is google

Your best bit is to try it yourself, or use the resources gateworld already has given you. There are models of the Deadalus available free the warehouse and from other sources.

You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Actually seen a couple of tutorials around for making the daedalus but were Maya or 3d Max, both take much longer to learn the sketchup. Also seen making a stargate tutorial around somewhere to.

Well here my very early design for the space station, I have base it on the Midway station design.

Space station .jpg

Space station with ship.jpg

good start knowles

Here's my progress

Spoiler:

The monolithic spacestation is the first step in the colonization of a far, far, far away galaxy, hence the massive colonyship(s)

Their is no set define way to model something since the show models change.

The best way to do it, is to jump into the deep end feet first. There's nothing better than learning how to model something on your own.

GateWorld Re: Modeling Challenge Thread

Quote Originally Posted by knowles2 View Post
    Actually seen a couple of tutorials around for making the daedalus but were Maya or 3d Max, both take much longer to learn the sketchup. Also seen making a stargate tutorial around somewhere to.

Well here my very early design for the space station, I have base it on the Midway station design.

Space station .jpg

Space station with ship.jpg
    im downloading maya can you show me were the tuorials are?
    Spoiler:

Well if there were to be a sketchup tutorial, the first thing I would do is drawout the model, like the image below.

More once I start modeling it

----DeviantArt----

[QUOTE=daredevil-k;8979221]im downloading maya can you show me were the tuorials are?[/QUOTE

could not find them again sorry, thought I kept them on my hard drive but at the moment in the process of moving everything on to knew drive, and my computer playing up big time at the moment(keep on switching off by itself completly randomly with out warning, even when it just booting up), main reason their been no updates on my space station model yet.

Give me a week or two and I will digg them out for you, presuming I saved them in the first place.

But if I was you I would start of with simply tutorials as I remember rightly the ones I got were fairly complicated and spars on details.
    Last edited by knowles2; September 24th, 2008 at 12:26 PM.

ok thanks
    Spoiler:

Arrow2 Re: Modeling Challenge Thread

Done some more need better textures

The scale might be overdone i was going for big maybee not that big but im going to go with it

Im going for a retro look i know the guns look old their supposed to i was thinking 6 80 inch KNaq rounds would be quite deadly

Quote Originally Posted by therealdb View Post
    wow semmer, that things massive, maybe bigger or almost as big as atlantis?
    reminds me of scorpon fleet yards from BSG which is a good thing cos thats an awsome station

and i just realised mine looks very verry vaugly like a golan one from x wing