This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to the 10 second beginnings?

What was this on tonight's episode "The Queen"? Was it a mistake or is scifi going back to that? I am posting this now instead of waiting until 11 PM when it airs again because I won't have time to post it later and I doubt it was a mistake. It must have been intended or they wouldn't have had Robert Picardo and Jewel Staite's name credits made on there.

I hope everyne gives them a piece of their mind again and makes them switch back like what happened in the first halves of season 9 of SG-1 and season 2 of Atlantis.

Vala,

MGM and Sci-Fi agreed to cancel the old intro. It was too long. The new one is for the younger generation who suffer from ADD.

Comment

Originally posted by gange57 View Post
      MGM and Sci-Fi agreed to cancel the old intro. It was too long. The new one is for the younger generation who suffer from ADD.
      I hope you are kidding.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        I hope you are kidding.
        I'm sure it was a joke.

I just missed the second airing's beginning! Did anyone else catch if they used the 10 second beginning or the 60 second one?

Vala,

Comment

I'm two minutes shy of watching the episode, but I'm seriously miffed about this. (I think I made mention to that like three times in the discussion thread already, haha.)

I really, really hope they bring back the regular opening for at least the back ten of the season. The credits, the sweeping theme, they're just such an integral part of the series, the franchise. For me, at least.
          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

The episode probably ran about 50 seconds longer than normal.
            Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger's Cat View Post
              The episode probably ran about 50 seconds longer than normal.
              Yeah, this is what I was hoping for as well. Being the last season, they should let us keep the theme song.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by gange57 View Post
                It wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

This is what I think, the episode was running long and they desided on cutting the intro. I am sure that they go back to normal for the next episode.
                  If they would have started with 10 seconds intro, they would have done so with the premiere and not a few episodes in the season
                  I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

The episode was most likely ran the standard time. USUALLY when they change the beginning to something like this, it's to put in MORE COMMERCIALS which there are already too many of.

Vala,

Comment

I am sure the credits will be restored for the DVD as was done with Season 2, Episodes 1-10.

Comment

I'd be fine with no intro at all, if it meant more episode. But if it's just for more commercials, bah.

Comment

Each episode this season has been 43 minutes long. "The Queen" is 42 minutes long. Cutting the credits added a minute of commercials.

Comment

I think the answer is simple...they already know we're pissed about SGA being cancelled, so they don't think it can get any worse by changing the into...but they get more money from the commercials. Greedy, unscrupulous, little...
                            Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

I think the cut intro was SciFi's doing, since the Unbox version had the full credits. Runtime was the same as other episodes, at 43 and a half minutes.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X