Who knew....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
    I'm not so sure that was her real motive there, though I think part of her, at least subconsciously, did that.

As Todd said, the Alliance was suffering greatly. Morale was down, and the Alliance seemed to be on the brink of collapse, even though there was only one lead queen, with the previous lead queen being deposed very shortly before the battle. She needed to flex her muscle, and she didn't care about how many Wraith were killed in her doing that, if in the end, it furthered her goal of getting as many Wraith as possible to accept the treatment.
    No, I tend to think that was her real motive, at least after it turned out they were in over their heads. Being the leader of an tribe of people involved in a constant war, I doubt that she is usually that reckless as far as battle tactics. She didn't know that the rest of the team would be there to help out in the end, so she was taking a very great risk by continuing the fight.
    If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

oh she did it for the people on the planet that was about to get culled by that hive. it was for them that she did it. killing a bunch of wraith is just a bonus.
      sigpic

Comment

Honestly I didn't expect this ep to be as good as this, and the main reason was Teyla as the Wraith Queen. Man did she pull it off as the most bada** wraith ever! The way she ordered the other Hive to be destroyed while in the process sacrificing her own darts.... *shivers*

What's really cool is the fact that Teyla still reamins as the de jure leader of the alliance, which means the atlanteans now rule! (no pun intended)
        "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
          that threat she made to todd at the end, awesome. simply awesome.
          I agree.

Rachel in general did a remarkable job in this episdoe.

Comment

This was the first episode were i actually liked Teyla. she was realy badass

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
              This was the first episode were i actually liked Teyla. she was realy badass
              It makes for most of her absence in past episodes. Even Todd was scared of her. He seemed to loose a little of his swagger in the end. I think it is the first time he didn't have a come back.
              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

What it was was stupid. She basically ran a suicide mission, jeopardizing the real mission. Had SGA-1 not randomly appeared and Droned the enemy hive, she'd be dead.

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                  It makes for most of her absence in past episodes. Even Todd was scared of her. He seemed to loose a little of his swagger in the end. I think it is the first time he didn't have a come back.
                  I agree. He has all sorts of comebacks now for Ronon, and Shep...and he can always say something to make Rodney uneasy. But how does he snap back at his 'Queen'?

Remember, despite Todd's ability for independent thought and action, he is still governed by his instinct. So although Todd knows Teyla is not truly a 'Wraith' queen, technically...she IS...because he made her one, and now he has to answer to her because it is their way. She can order his execution at any time now, something he can't so easily fight against like he can fight against an adversary like Ronon. Even if he could escape a death order from Queen Teyla, he may be forced to roam the galaxy alone, constantly looking over his shoulder, and Todd surely doesn't want that. So cocky at the beginning of the episode, so 'owned' by the end.

I just love the twists and turns of this episode. It was excellent, especially in giving us not just a glimpse, but real insight, into the workings of Wraith society.

Loved it.

das
                  sigpic

Comment

Personally, I thought that her decision to fire on the Wraith hiveship was a horrible mistake and it almost proved fatal. She almost made a catastrophe out of nothing. Todd's revelation about her motives was actually really cool though. The I loved the look on his face when it dawned on him what she was doing. The only thing that would have wanted to see at the end was Todd giving her a wry smile as she left, sorta saying 'Ah, I see now I've taught you too well".
                    Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 15 September 2008, 04:02 PM.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                      Personally, I thought that her decision to fire on the Wraith hiveship was a horrible mistake and it almost proved fatal. She almost made a catastrophe out of nothing. Todd's revelation about her motives was actually really cool though. The I loved the look on his face when it dawned on him what she was doing. The only thing that would have wanted to see at the end was Todd giving her a wry smile as she left, sorta saying 'Ah, I see now I've taught you too well".
                      I was about to post to exact same thing you just said.

I do think Teyla let herself be carried away too much with the attacking of the other Hive Ship, and if she had remained as queen for too much longer on that ship, she eventually would have done something that would have either revealed herself, or gotten them all killed.

That said, she did do a good job the rest of the time acting like a queen. The line I was half-expecting Todd to say at the end was something a bit more like, "I no longer could tell the difference between you and a real queen." The expression on his face seemed to me like he was shocked at seeing not simply just a person who looked like a queen, but someone who gave him the same sort of chills as meeting a real queen would.

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
                        Who knew that Teyla was so sadistic? the way she ordered the other hive to be destroyed just to kill wraith sent chills down my spine. it's nice to see the darker side of her character. she's always came off as to nice for me.
                        i think a lot of people would have done the same in her situation, the Wraith were about to cull a planet, basically, if both Hives were destroyed she would have given her life for the lives of thousands, if not millions on that planet.
                        Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                          i think a lot of people would have done the same in her situation, the Wraith were about to cull a planet, basically, if both Hives were destroyed she would have given her life for the lives of thousands, if not millions on that planet.
                          I agree. As far as Teyla knew, the chances of her making it off that Hive ship alive were slim so launching an attack on the other Hive was a risk she was willing to take. Especially, if that attack could save the lives of those on that planet. I also believe she enjoyed having the power to destroy as many Wraith as she could so the possibility of destroying both Hives was a sweet bit of payback worth the risk.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Luciana

Comment

i also loved teyla's agression, even if it was reckless, it must've felt sooo good!

what i thought strange was all the other wraith being so concerned about the sacrificed darts. wraith with empathy are just unnatural ... even if it;s empathy for another wraith.

maybe they were just scared of dying in the battle ... but what wraith wouldn't gladly sacrifice his life for his queen?

Comment

Originally posted by grime View Post
                              i also loved teyla's agression, even if it was reckless, it must've felt sooo good!

what i thought strange was all the other wraith being so concerned about the sacrificed darts. wraith with empathy are just unnatural ... even if it;s empathy for another wraith.

maybe they were just scared of dying in the battle ... but what wraith wouldn't gladly sacrifice his life for his queen?
                              I think they were more worried about the darts themselves and the strategy to fight the other hive, rather than the pilots of the darts...
                              Meh.

Comment

Working...
                              X