• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folding Man (104)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON ONE
    FOLDING MAN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 104

While tracking an elusive jewel thief with the ability to contort his body through small spaces, the Sanctuary team uncovers an underground drug syndicate.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 20 February 2021, 09:24 PM.

I know it's rather early to say, but because it's had that profound of an impression on me, I honestly think this series will surpass Atlantis as my second favorite show of all time.

The first scene with the Sanctuary crew was just TOO AMAZING for words . Honestly. Also, once again, the music stood out to me.

It really does seem flawless too me. I absolutely HATE it when people start to nit-pick things. That's not to say I'm ignorant to some things. Every once in a while I do find something, or even cringe, at things on Atlantis. We're only three (four, whatever) episodes in, yes, but I'm an optimist!
    Last edited by Falcon 304; 17 October 2008, 08:07 PM. Reason: Oops, not the opening scene, but the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
      I know it's rather early to say, but because it's had that profound of an impression on me, I honestly think this series will surpass Atlantis as my second favorite show of all time.

The opening scene was just TOO AMAZING for words . Honestly. Also, once again, the music stood out to me.

It really does seem flawless too me. I absolutely HATE it when people start to nit-pick things. That's not to say I'm ignorant to some things. Every once in a while I do find something, or even cringe, at things on Atlantis. We're only three (four, whatever) episodes in, yes, but I'm an optimist!
      aaaahhh, i want to see this ep NOW!!

i have 1 hour and 32 minutes to go...
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        aaaahhh, i want to see this ep NOW!!

i have 1 hour and 32 minutes to go...
        You won't be disappointed.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. So far, Sanctuary is coming along nicely. At least IMO.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

OH, also. Will's friend, Jake was it?

"Internat. gazillionaire"

Helen, does indeed, have the cash money.

Comment

This show continues to amaze me! It just keeps getting better and better!

I totally didn't see the twist at the end coming!

The acting was incredible, and it was nice to see Alex Zahara again!

Can't wait until next Friday!
              sigpic
              The Return of King Arthur
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

OH, also. Will's friend, Jake was it?

"Internat. gazillionaire"

Helen, does indeed, have the cash money.
                Hopefully, she doesn't have any money in stocks.

Episode totally rocked. Loving the humor and Helen's cheekiness. I also liked that they maintained continuity and had the healing scratches on Ashley's throat. Even on SG, when someone was injured, they were fine in the next episode. "Time passed" that we never saw. Which is fine, most series go that way, but it was quite refreshing to see that it was only a couple of days later and there were still remnants of her encounter with the weird critter in the green house room.

Spoiler:

I'm wondering if Will will eventually move into the Sanctuary. Right now, it's still a "job" that he goes to each day.
                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                Anon

Comment

i really liked the ep!

can't say i loved it, because *still*, there's not enough helen!

pros -

*i totally didn't see that twist coming. so yeah, that turned out great!

*the actor that played the good guy/bad guy did a really good job.

*great effects with ashley and flying man up on the building. great enough that i got a bit antsy with the heights.

*i liked zimmerman being upset when the situation (after the shooting) fiinished. i think he knew he was very close to being killed. helen coming to him to see if he was alright was also another great touch.

*loved helen's outfit during the ep.

cons -

NOT ENOUGH HELEN!

next week's ep looks very dramatic and angsty. yeah!

~scifi better hurry and renew the show so i can relax and not worry about it being gone. i'm an amanda addict and MUST have my fix! k, done. for now. no, wait. MORE HELEN/AMANDA! k, done. bye~
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

I second Sally's post! Only thing that could be better is more Amanda/Helen!

But I think she got that point across just fine!
                    sigpic
                    The Return of King Arthur
                    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Nice episode. The show's getting a bit better. I wish they could upped the dramatic side of the stories. We should feel a little bit more for the folding men, but we don't know much about them (they backstory and interactions). Still sanctuary is much better that most tv shows. I saw the twist in the end coming, because it was a good twist. In the sense, that they gave us clues all along. I caught it when the prisoners said that : "he wouldn't get caught UNLESS he wanted it too".
                      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Yeah, this is a fun show. I like AT far better as Helen than I have liked her as Sam for years. As a fan of gothic architecture I'm always pleased by the sanctuary itself, that kind of atmosphere puts me in a good mood. I don't really care for procedural-type shows, but all the little things add up to make it pretty enjoyable for me. I'm looking forward to seeing Druitt return, CH is an impressive actor and the storyline with him is interesting.

Comment

Because I know it's going to be brought up, I'm going to point out now that Ashley not having scars in Fata Morgana but in this episode proves that they intended for the witches story to air later in the season.
                          Last edited by Falcon 304; 18 October 2008, 08:39 AM.

Comment

this one was enjoyable

I loved seeing alex - weren't we just talking about him guesting??? - and the twist was fantastic.

I liked seeing a more 'normal' adventure. no international conspiracies, no top secret organizations, just an insight into the city and how things work. we see that the sanctuary folks work in concert with existing people and groups in the city. and that the sanctuary is well known amongst the abbies and is held in some esteem.

I think my only 'nit' is that they bout fata morgana between sanctuary for all and this one, so we have the wonderful continuity of ashley's healing scratches go away for an eps, then come back...but i also know that morgana was originally supposed to be later in the season and was moved forward for some reason, so i kinda consider it a second pilot and just ignore the inconsistencies
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The first scene with the Sanctuary crew was just TOO AMAZING for words . Honestly. Also, once again, the music stood out to me.

Since I'm not watching S5 of SGA because of it's lack of Carter , Sanctuary is my second favorite show right now, next to SG-1. And Helen's my second favorite TV character, next to Sam . I was right, the show just keeps getting better .

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              I really enjoyed this episode. So far, Sanctuary is coming along nicely. At least IMO.
                              It can only get better .

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              i really liked the ep!

can't say i loved it, because *still*, there's not enough helen!

pros -

*i totally didn't see that twist coming. so yeah, that turned out great!

*the actor that played the good guy/bad guy did a really good job.

*great effects with ashley and flying man up on the building. great enough that i got a bit antsy with the heights.

*i liked zimmerman being upset when the situation (after the shooting) fiinished. i think he knew he was very close to being killed. helen coming to him to see if he was alright was also another great touch.

*loved helen's outfit during the ep.

cons -

NOT ENOUGH HELEN!

next week's ep looks very dramatic and angsty. yeah!

~scifi better hurry and renew the show so i can relax and not worry about it being gone. i'm an amanda addict and MUST have my fix! k, done. for now. no, wait. MORE HELEN/AMANDA! k, done. bye~
                              Well said Sally . I like the episode for the reasons as you, and yes WE NEED MORE HELEN . I like Helen's choice of clothes, it's weird seeing her in casual clothes, since we mostly saw Sam in her military gear. And like you, without my Amanda fix, I get a little like nomand from yesterdays episode .

I can't wait for next week, I'm sure it'll be Helen-licious .

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                              I second Sally's post! Only thing that could be better is more Amanda/Helen!

But I think she got that point across just fine!
                              I third that .

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                              Yeah, this is a fun show. I like AT far better as Helen than I have liked her as Sam for years. As a fan of gothic architecture I'm always pleased by the sanctuary itself, that kind of atmosphere puts me in a good mood. I don't really care for procedural-type shows, but all the little things add up to make it pretty enjoyable for me. I'm looking forward to seeing Druitt return, CH is an impressive actor and the storyline with him is interesting.
                              I love Helen, but Sam will always be my girl . Along with the Amanda, so the 3 of them are mine .
                              Last edited by Rocky89; 18 October 2008, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X