No announcement yet.

Folding Man (104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one was better than the Atlantis episode, but still only a 8/10 mainly because it felt a bit rushed...

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
      Hopefully, she doesn't have any money in stocks.

Episode totally rocked. Loving the humor and Helen's cheekiness. I also liked that they maintained continuity and had the healing scratches on Ashley's throat. Even on SG, when someone was injured, they were fine in the next episode. "Time passed" that we never saw. Which is fine, most series go that way, but it was quite refreshing to see that it was only a couple of days later and there were still remnants of her encounter with the weird critter in the green house room.

Spoiler:

I'm wondering if Will will eventually move into the Sanctuary. Right now, it's still a "job" that he goes to each day.
      Yeah I agree I really enjoyed the episode as well! The little cheekiness from Helen is funny... and I have to wonder about her inside info from the police I liked the team chemistry they are developing between all of them some very nice moments in the eppy.

Will's ex-girlfriend said he was never home anymore so I wonder if he will eventually move into the Sanctuary as well. I thought it was funny how everyone knows all about Will, even the evil folding man knew him.

The Sanctuary has a good rep with the abnormals out in the world ... even the evil guy said they were the only ones he had to worry about. I never saw the twist coming lol Very nice!! When I watched the 2nd airing I picked up on the little clues I missed the first time. Very enjoyable episode!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
        I never saw the twist coming lol Very nice!! When I watched the 2nd airing I picked up on the little clues I missed the first time. Very enjoyable episode!
        I was suspicious at first, mainly because
        Spoiler:
        I've usually seen that actor play bad guys
        but then they totally got me off that track so I fell for it.
        Like majorsal--I always want more Helen. I loved the scene where
        Spoiler:
        she captures the guy.
        I also liked the bit of banter we got. Not too "joke-y"--it felt like a pretty natural sense of humor to me.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          I really enjoyed this episode. So far, Sanctuary is coming along nicely. At least IMO.

I agree.

I liked the episode. I really like Peter Outerbridge and thought he did a fabulous job here. I did think he might be Nomad when he said Nomad wouldn't get caught unless he wanted to be caught. However, the way they played the narrative of past events threw me so the twist did end up being a surprise. My only complaint was I would have loved a little interaction between Helen and Nomad at the end or maybe have him escape to pop up again.

Liked the working relationship between the main three. Getting to see a bit more of Helen's sense of humour.

Loved seeing several recognizable faces, Alex, the old guy who has been in a few Stargate episodes and Will's ex partner, also a Stargate alum.

My only minor nitpick (sorry Falcon) is completely shallow. Didn't like the wrinkled coat look for Helen. Amanda keeps saying she's sexy and unapoligetic so why are they covering her up in wrinkled coats? (I don't mean the lab coat)

By the way, wasn't that a Prius Will was driving? In keeping with the environmental policies of the show Amanda has mentioned.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            My only minor nitpick (sorry Falcon) is completely shallow. Didn't like the wrinkled coat look for Helen. Amanda keeps saying she's sexy and unapoligetic so why are they covering her up in wrinkled coats? (I don't mean the lab coat)
            Hehe, no problem. I actually have an opposing thought about that, but it's rather... borderline (not towards you, but in general).

Comment

Since Sally gave me the link towards this thread...I thought I would read it...and post something

I have to agree with most of you and I really liked the episode...though I would like to see more Helen...

The con, what already was mentioned, is the healing of Ashley...but I still like it that you see something of it...and it isn't suddenly gone...

I'm really loving the special effects of this series, the fade outs, what Will sees...really cool. The environment of the city is IMHO also beautiful *happy sigh*

I also like the clothes that Helen wears....and Ashleys too....

I am starting to like Ashley more and more, much more than in the webisodes to be honest...she is way cooler in here...and her little exchanges, like looks, between her and Helen are awesome!

Oh totally forget...one little tiny con...the scene with all the "folders" I found it that the few men in the back looked strange as if they were stretched or so...it just looked weird...and not normal...but perhaps that's just me

I really hope this series is going to be renewed very soon, it's awesome and I'm already addicted to it

I also need an Amanda fix every week
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                I'm really loving the special effects of this series, the fade outs, what Will sees...really cool. The environment of the city is IMHO also beautiful *happy sigh*
                i actually forgot they were using the green screen until the scene where ashley is talking to that flying man on the building rails. VERY high rails. but it was just beautiful and flawless.

my mom was confused by that scene, though, because she didn't know who the flying man was. she was having some probs hearing what some were saying. i have some of that prob too, mainly with ashley.

I am starting to like Ashley more and more, much more than in the webisodes to be honest...she is way cooler in here...and her little exchanges, like looks, between her and Helen are awesome!
                ash is really much more likable now, and i'm thankful for that. the scene where will comes into some room and helen and ashley are sitting on the couch together (watching something?); i liked how close helen and her daughter were sitting together. very realistic and intimate.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Hubby and I finally had a chance to watch this episode, and we both loved it. Curled up on the sofa with some Italian take-out, and wine, and just enjoyed the ride. At first I wasn't too sure...but then the acting just grabbed me. Loved it, and really looking forward to the next episode.

What I like about the concept of this show is that - unlike Stargate - it has a policy of tolerance and acceptance. Sure, some can't be saved, but the goal IS to save, and not to destroy. That underlying theme gives a sense of hope to the stories, something missing in a lot of shows these days.

This was a very intriguing story, and though I saw the twist coming (because of the clues), it was still VERY exciting to see. Loved it all the way round.

das
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                    Because I know it's going to be brought up, I'm going to point out now that Ashley not having scars in Fata Morgana but in this episode proves that they intended for the witches story to air later in the season.
                    The inconsistencies with the scratches is probably because of the fact that most of Fata Morgana was reused from the webisodes, where Ashley wasn't scratched by the weird monster. I think in this episode they just left it out to save time on reshooting everything with Emilie in it just so they could put the scars in and the fact that it might just look a little strange if in one scene (from the webisodes) she didn't have it and then the next (new scene) she did.

But I did like that they didn't leave it out completely in this episode

Pro SGU
                    / . / . / . /Amelia

Comment

I finaly saw the whole episode it was rocken i loved the bagel scene and also when Ashley said that Helen know's when he changed from boxers to breaifs and when Ashley says they've seen stranger things and looking at Henry .

And the folding men it kind of remided me about the x-files eps Tooms when he squeeze into small areas .

I loved seeing Helen in action i so want to see more i wan to see her kicking but more but i loved the whole episode and i cant wait to see Kush next .
                      sigpic
                      (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

great episode, so far im not dissapointed with this show, cool twist at the end

anyone else notice the scratches were still on ashley's neck? nice attention to detail

im slowly getting use to amanda tappings british accent
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

I'm loving the series so far!! And I have to admit it's waaay better than the webisodes!
                          Even though I miss the flashbacks to Helen's past... those were cool, I hope we'll see more...

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                          And the folding men it kind of remided me about the x-files eps Tooms when he squeeze into small areas.
                          OMG! I thought the exact same thing!! That guy was creepy and having a dozen (or more) like him was creepier!! But I loved the episode! The twist at the end... great... I was expecting it at first, but then Alex Zahara made the perfect bit of acting in the "I am the monster" speech and I completely forgot that he might be the bad guy!

And that scene at the end when Helen is comforting Will?? Amazing! Can't wait for Kush... and hoping in some more Helen-action! Sam was good at kicking butts... and I'm sure Helen's the same
                          I miss Druitt though, CH is simply great and his chemistry with Amanda is... undescribable... I recently watched "Revisions" of SG.1, where he plays Pallan, they were good together even then!!
                          sigs by Rachel-Kree, josiane and finally me too!
                          Thank you!

"The true nature of a man is decided in the battle between his conscious mind and the desires of his subconscious." - Shifu, Absolute Power
                          Videos:
                          YouTube/Imeem
                          Stargate SG.1, Sam and Jack, Sanctuary...

Comment

Originally posted by GraceONeill View Post
                            The inconsistencies with the scratches is probably because of the fact that most of Fata Morgana was reused from the webisodes, where Ashley wasn't scratched by the weird monster. I think in this episode they just left it out to save time on reshooting everything with Emilie in it just so they could put the scars in and the fact that it might just look a little strange if in one scene (from the webisodes) she didn't have it and then the next (new scene) she did.

But I did like that they didn't leave it out completely in this episode
                            Sorry I don't have any links, but I do distinctly remember Amanda and/or Damian saying in multiple interviews that the witches story would air later in the season (episode seven or eight?). Due to the scene where Ashley comes out of the water, they couldn't get away with her having the scratches in the new scenes (most others it was dark or she was moving a lot). Sci-Fi decided at the last moment that they wanted to get the webisode stories out of the way first, then they probably ran it by S3M and they thought it over (knowing of the inconsistency/plot hole that would be created due to the scratches), shrugged and said okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                              Sorry I don't have any links, but I do distinctly remember Amanda and/or Damian saying in multiple interviews that the witches story would air later in the season (episode seven or eight?). Due to the scene where Ashley comes out of the water, they couldn't get away with her having the scratches in the new scenes (most others it was dark or she was moving a lot). Sci-Fi decided at the last moment that they wanted to get the webisode stories out of the way first, then they probably ran it by S3M and they thought it over (knowing of the inconsistency/plot hole that would be created due to the scratches), shrugged and said okay.
                              I remember that too. But it could be that we're both suffering from schizoaffective disorder and have the same hallucinations.

One word about this ep.

AWESOME!!!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                                I finaly saw the whole episode it was rocken i loved the bagel scene and also when Ashley said that Helen know's when he changed from boxers to breaifs and when Ashley says they've seen stranger things and looking at Henry .
                                And the folding men it kind of remided me about the x-files eps Tooms when he squeeze into small areas .

I loved seeing Helen in action i so want to see more i wan to see her kicking but more but i loved the whole episode and i cant wait to see Kush next .
                                That was the part that made me laugh the most. I am loving Henry!

I also forgot to mention on my previous post that I loved the closing line of the episode. Very clever.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X