• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fata Morgana (103)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON ONE
    FATA MORGANA
    EPISODE NUMBER - 103

Magnus's team finds three sisters in stasis in a crypt, who Helen suspects are witches from the Middle Ages. But a deadly cabal comes looking for them.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 20 February 2021, 09:23 PM.

Cross post from Sanctuary Forum.

----------------------------

Alright, 20 minutes in and I'm not liking the story changes that much. The Keepers are governed by... someone/some organization? Yeah...

EDIT

I suppose I'll just edit this on commercials.

YAY for more Bigfoot dialog. It seems that they've reused EVERYTHING from the webisodes. Because of this, Amanda is wearing her wig for the episode (except for maybe one scene so far). I'm continuing to not really like the changing of the story.

EDIT 2

AW MAN! They changed what Steve looks like. First scene back from the commercials was EPIC though. It almost seems as if Amanda may have just straightened her hair, but it also seems too dark for that to be so. Sometimes, and sometimes not seeing the streak of color in there is throwing me off.

EDIT 3

Okay, I'm liking the establishment of bad guys, but I still don't like how they never explained the myth of The Morrigan. I also think that Amanda straightened her hair, but can't be certain.

I currently have no other thoughts other than OMG HELEN DID THE MOST BAD *** ****ING THING I'VE EVER ****ING SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF ****ING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Im pissed off.

HOW.. JUST HOWWWWWW
      Can you cut the Guest appearance scene of PAUL MCGILLION
      and REPLACE IT WITH a 2 second thing about Helen finding out who the morrigan are on a damn computer database.

the changes on the show wouldnt have effected pauls scene.
      pauls scene was standalone.

I understand David Hewletts, cuz he mentions a kid killing the people, and they changed that to Zimmerman seeing a kid and saying one lived in the house, and it conflicted with the story changes.

But Pauls scene in no way conflicted and THEY CUT IT!
      WTF

Comment

Originally posted by DaxFlowLyfe View Post
        Im pissed off.

HOW.. JUST HOWWWWWW
        Can you cut the Guest appearance scene of PAUL MCGILLION
        and REPLACE IT WITH a 2 second thing about Helen finding out who the morrigan are on a damn computer database.

the changes on the show wouldnt have effected pauls scene.
        pauls scene was standalone.

I understand David Hewletts, cuz he mentions a kid killing the people, and they changed that to Zimmerman seeing a kid and saying one lived in the house, and it conflicted with the story changes.

But Pauls scene in no way conflicted and THEY CUT IT!
        WTF
        Paul isn't there because they changed the back story. It was no longer about the history of King Author.. which is what his character's dialog was all about. They were setting up the overall story arc about The Others. Paul's dialog wouldn't have worked in this eppy.

I really liked the concern between mother and daughter. Helen know John is still out there and she is very concerned for Ashley but at the same time she has to let her do her job. THey depend on one another.

LOL at Henry pulling all those weapons and things out of his pockets He is too funny

Loved Will gaining the trust of the sisters. Helen is really helping him adjust and really seems to be fitting... despite some of the uhhhh abnormals like the one on the elevator ride. lol he was creeping Will out LOL

Ooooh and I have to laugh at the scenes where Will said he couldn't fire the gun and turns out he had the safety on That's was funny! I liked how Ashley just used the gun anyways while Will still head on to it.

I love the graphics!!!! I loved the opening credits... very cool!!!
        Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 10 October 2008, 08:09 PM. Reason: remembered others things to add :)

Comment

That was all kinds of Awesome!! Loved how they ended it with the Morrigan making the decision and Helen not willing to let it go at that with the Cabal.

Favorite line: Will's "1200 year old bath products theory"

They changed the lines before Paul's scene and it was made clear that Helen didn't want to leave the Sanctuary...that was set up with the Ashley/Helen scene. So Helen couldn't go to see him at his place which is how it played in the websiodes.
          Last edited by JanSam; 10 October 2008, 08:10 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Overall I liked the changes, though I do have a couple of gripes.

I wish they would have left the allowance line in. I thought it was hilarious and set up Helen's sense of humor.

I can't believe they changed Steve. I guess that means we don't get our alleyway weapons testing scene.

And now a question about the opening credits. Does anybody else think that might have been a picture of Amanda and Olivia?
            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
            Anon

Comment

i've got about 45 minutes until it's on for me, but after it's over, i *have* to go to bed (have to get up and 4:30am) and i won't be able to review it until tomorrow... work is a four-letter word.

but i'm VERY excited to see sanctuary tonight!!
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Yeah I missed the "allowance" line too.
                Oh dang....Steve was hilarious in the testing scene.
                Yeah I was wondering that too rderoch...nice pic huh.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, not only do we miss the allowance line, but they replaced it with, quite frankly, a terrible one.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                    Well, not only do we miss the allowance line, but they replaced it with, quite frankly, a terrible one.
                    ah, come on, name something you liked!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                      There was a lot of discussion on the Sanctuary forum after the webisodes that Ashely was too old to still be getting an allowance... it was funny But isn't she too old to have an allowance she is in her twenties.

Comment

I want velociraptors in a future episode.

also, that new squid guy and his intelligence network were kinda lol. This way McGillion can still come back as some other character when he's got some free time from Atlantis/whatever else he's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                          Overall I liked the changes, though I do have a couple of gripes.

I wish they would have left the allowance line in. I thought it was hilarious and set up Helen's sense of humor.
                          I wished they'd kept the allowance line too. It was a nice bit of Helen's humor and the changed line doesn't really match the hand motion she makes.

Loved the rest of the episode, I thought most of the changes they made were for the better.

Spoiler:

Loved the Helen/Ashley scene where Helen is so concerned about letting Ashley go on an mission alone, but still trusts her to take care of herself. I also liked the tea cup Helen had in her hands the whole time.

I really enjoyed seeing Will working with the sisters, getting them to trust him and trying to get them to believe that they can be free and not belong to the cabal. Also liked seeing him confront Magnus about her plan to keep the sisters under sedation until they figured out what to do with them.

Loved the battle against the Keepers, especially seeing Ashley taking down a roomful while Will struggles to shoot his gun was also great. Helen flipping one over and shooting it was also awesome.

Henry was great, all the weapons in his pockets. And I liked that they didn't end the episode with a cliffhanger. Liked seeing the Morrigen gain a bit more control over their lives, and really liked seeing Helen ordering the cabal leader to get off her property.

I also think they're taking making good use of the green screen to show some cool locations, especially Ashley on the rooftop and on the bridge.

I'm loving the series so far, and I can't wait for the all-new episode next week.

sigpic

Comment

just a quick note and then bed time ...

LOVED the ep!!
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Sanctuary - SciFi Channel Updates for Fata Morgana:

From the SciFi Channel's Sanctuary site, updates for October 10, 2008:

Fata Morgana

* Episode Synopsis

* Episode Photos

WATCH Fata Morgana online:

NEXT new episode: Folding Man airs Friday October 17 at 10pm on the SciFi Channel (US).

Folding men are going postal as they rob stores and escape via small holes.

Trailer for Folding Man

NEW Quiz!

Sanctuary 102

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X