No announcement yet.

Sanctuary For All (101-102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was very pleased with the premiere tonight. Very nice way to kick off this series, and there were so many familiar faces. I can't wait until next week.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Me likey too.

I only watched the first 4 webisodes. Who are the "others" John referred to?
      sigpic
      FOX Network

Comment

Originally posted by Pepermint Jaffa View Post
        Me likey too.

I only watched the first 4 webisodes. Who are the "others" John referred to?
        We don't know.. something to be revealed in later episodes Does make you wonder what others?

Comment

The webisodes left off on a cliffhanger with the morigan (which im guessing the next episode will end on the same cliffhanger)

then completely new episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
            We don't know.. something to be revealed in later episodes Does make you wonder what others?
            Maybe 'the others' are The Five?
            Spoiler:
            I count Magnus, Druitt, Tesla, Crick, and someone else. Maybe the episode 'The Five' has a confrontation between these five people, each immortal in their own way?

Originally posted by DaxFlowLyfe View Post
            The webisodes left off on a cliffhanger with the morigan (which im guessing the next episode will end on the same cliffhanger)

then completely new episodes.
            I think the 4th episode is called Folding Man, which doesn't sound like its related to the Morrigan storyline so it probably won't end in a cliffhanger. I don't really mind since I wasn't particularly fond of that part.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
              I think the 4th episode is called Folding Man, which doesn't sound like its related to the Morrigan storyline so it probably won't end in a cliffhanger. I don't really mind since I wasn't particularly fond of that part.
              The next episode is episode 3
              And its about finding the Morrigan

The webisodes ended on a cliffhanger after they found the Morrigan.
              Spoiler:
              They find the Morrigan, they remember who they are, then Cryptkeepers assault the Sanctuary and everyone is taken out with the Morrigan free, thats how it ended. Cliffhanger

Comment

I can't believe how bad that was, they actually made it worse than the webisodes. The pacing was mind numbingly slow, clichés left right and center, honestly I can't believe Sci Fi even green lighted this drivel. I just don't see this show surviving with shows like Fringe and even Torchwood around, it's like a rip off of those, and a bad one at that. The only thing I can draw from the show that was any good was Christopher Heyerdahl's performance, everything else was below par, and don't even get me started on the Goa'uld symbiote sticking out of that kid. Unoriginal, dull and just plain boring, it'll now have SGA for a lead in so that'll help it, but on quality so far don't see it lasting more than a season.

Comment

i loved it!!

there's a few cons, but much, MUCH more pros! i don't have time to go into a review (because i have to get up early for work ), but i'll totally talk about it tomorrow.

but on a scale of 1-5, i'll give it a 4.

oh, one more thing...

AMANDA ROCKED!!!!!

k, stupid bed time. oy.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Was the placement of the flashbacks changed from the original webisodes? I remember giving up after two eps because I couldn't follow all the back-and-forth timey wimey stuff, but watching tonight it all seemed really clear and coherent. I liked it. I'll definitely stay tuned in. For now.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      Was the placement of the flashbacks changed from the original webisodes? I remember giving up after two eps because I couldn't follow all the back-and-forth timey wimey stuff, but watching tonight it all seemed really clear and coherent. I liked it. I'll definitely stay tuned in. For now.
                      Most of the webisodes began with a flashback into her life.

Comment

Question. I read in many revies about Helens "weird" accent (or, Amanda's bad english accent). Of course, we know it's because Helen has lived all over the world etc. But was this explained clearly in this first ep? So people can stop whining about the accent?
                        sigpic

Comment

OK I gotta admit I was a little woried about how the eps will turn out, since I don't have much faith in SciFi, but it blew me away. It's so much better then the webisodes (and I loved those).

Will's backround story is a lot better, more rounded, and it's great how it ties to Helen. I'm glad Ashley didn't found out about her father right away, it promises so much goodness in future episodes. Also this Helen is still blunt and very much confident, but she's a lot softer, more...human for lack of a better word, then the wabisodes which I also like. Joel outdid himself with the music yet again, and the visual effects are simply stunning.

Bring on "Fata Morgana"

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                          Question. I read in many revies about Helens "weird" accent (or, Amanda's bad english accent). Of course, we know it's because Helen has lived all over the world etc. But was this explained clearly in this first ep? So people can stop whining about the accent?
                          Nope, Ashley mentiones her accent and compares it to Jonh's, but that was it. And I don't get the whole accent issue. It sounded fine to me. I really want that to be addressed, so that we can move on.
                          sigpic

Comment

i liked it, im usually not a fan of supernatural shows like these, but sometimes a show like this will come around that grabs my attention

i only saw 1 webisode so i wasnt really clear on the backstory but damn amanda tappings voice has changed so much for this show i hate it

however christopher heyerdahl & kavan smith were great in this
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

I loved it. I was worried what SciFi would turn this show into, but it was great. Kudos to Amanda & company. I loved the story, the acting and it's a great "looking" show. Can't wait until next week.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                                Is this something Damian said? I must have missed it. Or is this your theory?
                                Well, seeing as Helen still says that he was her first patient, I think it's safe to assume it's the same/similar to the webisodes. That second bit was my theory though.

Comment

Working...
                                X