SGA as MASH.

Has anyone else drawn parallels yet?

The way I see it;

Sheppard = Hawkeye
    McKay = Frank Burns
    Teylah = Hotlips
    Ford = Trapper who gets replaced by
    Ronon = BJ

Erm No. Hawkeye is far more comedic and slapstick than Sheppard, Frank Burns is NOT likable, nor the hero. Teyla as Hotlips??? Yes because she's ALWAYS sneaking off to have sex and trying to undermine Sheppard. Ford and Ronon? No...

There's one real SG comparison to MASH that works. Walter Harriman IS Walter "Radar" O'Reilly.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Sheppard = Hawkeye
      McKay = Frank Burns
      Teylah = Hotlips
      Ronon = BJ
      Sheppard as Hawkeye - Umm, no, Hawkeye was anti war, Sheppard shoots first and asks questions later, Hawkeye went out of his way to avoid harming human life, Sheppard doesn't think twice and Hawkeye had a sense of humour.

McKay as Frank - No again, the whinging and snivelling yes I can see McKay doing that but if anyone is the Frank Burns of Atlantis it's Dr Kavanaugh

Teyla as Hotlips - What are you on???? Teyla could never be compared to Hotlips

Ford as Trapper and Ronon as BJ - Have you been watching the same M*A*S*H as me?

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
      There's one real SG comparison to MASH that works. Walter Harriman IS Walter "Radar" O'Reilly.
      Yep

Comment

Oberoth as Charles Emerson Winchester III.

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords View Post

The way I see it;

Sheppard = Hawkeye
          McKay = Frank Burns
          Teylah = Hotlips
          Ronon = BJ
          McKay is not racist and sexist like Burns. Also i dont think McKay and Teyla have had a "secret" affair. There's a idea

Is McKay the father of Teyla's baby?

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post

if anyone is the Frank Burns of Atlantis it's Dr Kavanaugh
            Hee! That is so true!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
              Oberoth as Charles Emerson Winchester III.
              LOL Score. Green for that! Wish they could have had DOS on SGA more.

Comment

I say Woosley is Klinger. We all know he has some dresses in his closet.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                  YEAH! That's exactly what I thought especially during the episode "Zero Hour".

O'NEILL: Walter!

(Walter has already returned and is right behind him.)

WALTER: Sorry, sir. General O'Neill -- Mark Gilmor. He's your new administrative aide.

GILMOR: General.

O'NEILL (to Walter): Did I order a new ...

WALTER: No, sir.

O'NEILL: Do I really need ...

WALTER: Yes, sir.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

And of course, Avalon Part 1

LANDRY: all pilots have type A personalities *looks through file* I'm talking about your kryptonite. Don't worry I'll figure it out. *shouts* Walter!

HARRIMAN: (over com) The files on your desk along with the personnel folders you're about to request sir.

LANDRY: About to request? Walter I'd appreciate it—

HARRIMAN: (over com) Push the button to talk sir.

LANDRY: *sighs, shouts* Thank you Walter! The thing that's hardest to get used to around here *pours coffee* is how good everybody is at their Job. Fact is…I like yelling at people. Never get the damn chance.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords View Post

The way I see it;

Sheppard = Hawkeye
                      McKay = Frank Burns
                      Teylah = Hotlips
                      Ronon = BJ
                      Ouch, insult to MASH

Though, Walter could be Radar's nephew.
                      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I think he just said... "hmm wow, the gender balance roughly equates, and both the leads have a sense of humour and are sarcastic. MY GOD! It must be the new incarnation of MASH!" and didn't give any thought to the individual characteristics.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I think he just said... "hmm wow, the gender balance roughly equates, and both the leads have a sense of humour and are sarcastic. MY GOD! It must be the new incarnation of MASH!" and didn't give any thought to the individual characteristics.
                          I wasn't even thinking gender balance. MASH had Hotlips and the nurses, and even a few WAC's. But the series centered around Hawkeye for the most part.

Even though MASH didn't have a lot of full time actresses in it, the gender balance wasn't bad...because Hotlips carried more than her own weight. She was the leading female in the series without a doubt. When I think of MASH I think of Hawkeye and Margret. Then I add in the other character like Klinger, Radar, Col. Potter....all of which were really well devloped.

If I had the money to buy the MASH collectors set...I would. Very few series I would spend that kind of money on. MASH is one of those few.
                          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                            I wasn't even thinking gender balance. MASH had Hotlips and the nurses, and even a few WAC's. But the series centered around Hawkeye for the most part.

Even though MASH didn't have a lot of full time actresses in it, the gender balance wasn't bad...because Hotlips carried more than her own weight. She was the leading female in the series without a doubt. When I think of MASH I think of Hawkeye and Margret. Then I add in the other character like Klinger, Radar, Col. Potter....all of which were really well devloped.

If I had the money to buy the MASH collectors set...I would. Very few series I would spend that kind of money on. MASH is one of those few.
                            Eh... the later seasons weren't anywhere near as good.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Eh... the later seasons weren't anywhere near as good.
                              I agree, I didn't care much for it after Frank was replaced by Charles and Klinger got rid of his dresses

Comment

Working...
                              X